1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other games weekend of 9/28-10/1

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by MtnBuff, Sep 28, 2016.

1. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Should be a fun weekend. Other games withstanding it's going to be a fun weekend because the Buffs are going to match their best season win totals for what seems like forever in the fifth week of the season. **** this is fun.

On to other games
    Thursday
    Couple of dog games. Speaking of dogs the Huskies of UConn are going to get a close up view of a highlight film as #6 Houston runs up the score.

TTU should also put up huge numbers, not because they are good but because they get Kansas who gets to take their weekly beating on Thursday night this week, at least they don't have to wait for it.

Friday
    One of the best games of the week and maybe the game of the year in the PAC
    #7 Stanford goes to #10 Washington in a game that could go a long way in deciding a spot in the NC playoff.

Saturday
    The day starts with Notre Dame going to Syracuse, could we see ND fall to 1-4. Might be to much to hope for but it would be a great start to the day. Don't think the ND fans could take that.

Top 25 match-ups
    #3 Louisville at #5 Clemson. Again playoff implications and two teams that are a lot of fun to watch.
    #11 Tennessee at #25 Georgia. Have no idea how UGA is still ranked but they won't be after this one unless Food Cart and his team just fall apart.
    #8 Wisconsin at #4 Michigan. Wisconsin one of the surprise teams of the year, can they keep it up. Michigan was on the ropes against our Buffs until Sefo went down. Are we that good or is Michigan over rated. This game will say a lot about both teams and their post season hopes.

Couple big games in the Big 12-8-10-what is it this week.
    Oklahoma at #21 TCU TCU isn't as good as they have been but still have a lot of speed. Oklahoma just needs a win. Before the season they were talking potential NC. Now they are unranked, how many more losses can Stoops take before the seat gets to hot to handle.

#22 Texas at Oklahoma State. Texas got off to a fast start on the season but now seem to be sliding back. Okie lite having a disappointing season would love nothing better than to knock UT out of the rankings and put the pressure back on another embattled coach.

Locally two huge rivalry games
    AFA host Navy This is a bucket list game, if you haven't seen one you are missing a unique experience.
    Wyoming at CSU. A terrible Wyoming team visits a bad CSU team but this game seems to bring out the best (or worst) in each of these teams.

Small schools
    Northern Colorado host Northern Arizona

Mines goes to Fort Lewis in what should be a win for the Orediggers
    CSU-Pueblo goes to Colorado Mesa. Mesa is undefeated and a win of CSU-Pueblo would get them a boost in national attention. This is a big enough game that were Junction still with us he might miss the Buffs game for it.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I believe that UConn will keep it closer than the experts think on Thursday night. I base this on nothing except my belief that Bob Diaco is the best defensive mind working in college football right now.

3. MtnBuff

He is an excellent coach but he has nothing like the talent he will face this week. If UH gets going they may literally run right past UConn.

4. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

UConn looked absolutely miserable when I saw them against UVA. One of the worst games I've seen in the last decade. They held UVA to 10, and UVA went out the next week and put up 49 on a decent Central Michigan side. However, UConn's offense is abysmal. Houston should roll with ease.

5. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Great weekend of games coming up with 3 matchups between top-10 teams. The Louisville-Clemson game should be a great one with those 2 QB's going at it.

Tennessee manages to keep winning but I'd be surprised if they don't lose 2 of their next 3, if not all 3.

UNC at FSU is another very important game in the ACC. FSU needs this one if they want to stay relevant in the national picture.

One quick note on that ND-Cuse game, it's being played at the Meadowlands not in Syracuse.

Can't believe we're already 1/3 of the way thru the college football season..... :(

6. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

I'm really looking forward to UW-Stanford and then coming home from the Buffs kicking ass around kickoff time of Louisville - Clemson. That should be a great game.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    TDforTD likes this.
  7. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

I am stoked for the UW-Stanford game. It will tell a lot about the future of the Pac-12 IMO. Is Washington going to take that next step because Stanford has been the only really consistent team in the conference for a long time now. With Oregon falling off there is a void in the North that UW needs to fill.

TDforTD likes this.
  8. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

The KU game is just a clickbait diversion until KU's Midnight Madness" basketball practice opening day.

9. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

Stamford? Those rich kids in Connecticut? Thought they are big on LX, not football?
    Can't wait to see the LU Cardinals run out on the field, following Petrino atop his motorsickle! That is what they do, amirite?
    Or do they follow Peyton, each carrying a couple of pizzas and deliver them to the stands?

Highlander likes this.
  10. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Two best coaches in the conference squaring off tomorrow night.

Think Clemson's defense will be the difference on Saturday night.

11. BUFFSROCKS

BUFFSROCKS Club Member Club Member

Speaking of Louisville and Houston...if they both stay undefeated...can you imagine the 11/17 game between these two? They are literally identical teams.

12. onealcd

Need Clemson to beat Louisville, then Houston to beat Louisville and Florida State to beat Clemson to complete the madness.

Bufffan68 likes this.
  13. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

**** me... I worked for a company based in Stamford for 14 years. I do that all the time. Just like I interchange Qwest and quest after managing that account for 8+ years. Bad habit, I know. Fixed.

14. MtnBuff

Who scores more tonight, Houston or Texas Tech. Houston more explosive but TTU is playing a compost pile called Kansas?

LongHaulBuff and Alfred91 like this.
  15. Buff_since76

Buff_since76 Still a fan... Club Member

The best line I heard on the radio today:

Kansas will be taking their weekly beating a few days early, allowing the players to have more fun this weekend.

16. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

I don't bet, but if I did I think I'd bet the house on Wiscy.

17. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

vince.png

18. CVilleBuff

Remember us in 2011 and 2012? Knowing we'd be out of games after the 1st quarter? KU has been that bad - and even worse (0-12 last season) from 2010-present with no sign of it improving. How much can they take? KU hasn't had more than 3 wins in a season since 2009. No road win since UTEP on 9/12/09.

As bad as things got after 2007 for us, we at least flirted with a bowl appearance twice (not making bowls in '08 and '10 was a travesty) and had a few fun wins.

19. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I don't think you understand the meaning of "literally". No, they are not literally identical teams.

ZandiBuff likes this.
  20. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Glad we do not run the TT offense.

21. Buffnik

I like some plays and concepts. I don't like it as a complete system. It's a good way to win 6-8 games a year while playing a style that will be fun for a lot of fans. Lose some games you shouldn't. Nail some upsets you shouldn't. But like with the wishbone, you'e not going to ever be challenging for the conference on an annual basis no matter how well you recruit.

22. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

[​IMG]

23. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

you can watch VanDiest get after McCaffrey

24. CVilleBuff

Perfect for TT

25. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

CC vs Valor - Altitude

26. onealcd

If I could replicate any offensive system it would be art briles' from Baylor. That was a physical run oriented offense a lot of the time.

Alfred91 and Bufffan68 like this.
  27. Buffnik

Not me. Doesn't allow the defense to win games and wears those dudes out so that a good team will keep it close no matter what your offense does.

Give me Urban Meyer's system. From Bowling Green to Utah to Florida to Ohio State the dude has proved it. Smash mouth run game that sets up matchups for explosive plays all over the field. You can win 60-0. You can also win 20-17 if you need to.

However, at altitude I do think it has been smart to push pace to the highest degree possible. Somehow CU does that while often also dominating TOP. Opponents will get gassed against the Buffs. Big advantage.

28. onealcd

I think there are a lot of similarities between the briles and Meyer offense. Meyer was definitely more run option oriented but we have seen briles do that at times which was always impressive to me how he could adapt to different teams.

29. Buffnik

Houston's QB was ridiculous in the 1st half. Ward went 19/22 for 236 with 2 TDs... and ran 6 for 44 with 1 TD. Montez-esque (except at home and vs UConn, so more like Montez-lite).

30. Bufffan68

Bufffan68 Club Member Club Member

I really like our offense...we can run well with an explosive passing attack.