What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 9/28-10/1

Earlier question about who would score more.

Houston is already at 42 early in the 3rd quarter. TTU "only" has 28 against the pidgeons from Kansas at half.

Houston looks like they could name the score. It isn't a question of if they will score, only how.

Those were some bad days man, I'm enjoying now much more. Let's hope it keeps up. I have a feeling it will. Fine for us to feel that way, cool thing is, the players believe it, pretty allsome.

Kansas is awful.

We were this bad once, weren't we?

<shudder>

The only time it reached THIS level of bad was 2012, IMO. KU hasn't even defeated a FBS program since Nov 8, 2014. Their only possible shot this season is Iowa State in November. Jayhawks haven't won more than 3 games in a season since 2009. Good grief. Even we have had our sprinklings of 4 and 5.

TTU second TD was a way illegal formation. They lined up with 5 wide with 2 left and 3 right.
Then sent LT out in pattern for wide open TD. But he was covered up by a WR, so no chance he's eligible. They only had 3 guys in offensive backfield as well. Clearly both WR to left were supposed to be in backfield.

Announcers kept saying he was a TE and they missed he was tackle eligible. So did KU staff and refs obviously..
Weird

Not me. Doesn't allow the defense to win games and wears those dudes out so that a good team will keep it close no matter what your offense does.

Give me Urban Meyer's system. From Bowling Green to Utah to Florida to Ohio State the dude has proved it. Smash mouth run game that sets up matchups for explosive plays all over the field. You can win 60-0. You can also win 20-17 if you need to.

However, at altitude I do think it has been smart to push pace to the highest degree possible. Somehow CU does that while often also dominating TOP. Opponents will get gassed against the Buffs. Big advantage.

Want to see how quickly Oregon State tires. First time this year that a sea level team plays new offense in Boulder!

Good game tonight - trees vs huskies we will find out more about our conference tonight.'
I am predicting a stanford win...uw will be placed back in their spot. Although I did hear trees rolling without both starting corners.

Last edited:
Historically, UW has been the better team. Saying they'll be put back in their spot would indicate that you think they're going to win.

I really dislike Stanford, but I can't help but think they're the PAC 12's best shot at a playoff birth.

The most interesting matchups to me.

I picked Clemson over Louisville - tough to call Clemson has more talent, IMO, but Petrino is a better Xs and Os coach, Swinney is a great motivator. Great teams and great coaches. Louisville is slightly favored as the home team.

Texas against OSU - Picking the horns but it really is a toss up. It will be interesting to see which coach can get his team back on track. I think both are good coaches but Strong had an extra week to work on the defense.

Wisconsin against Michigan - okay not really that interesting - I picked Michigan over the Badgers mostly because I do not believe in the Badgers yet. I do find it interesting that Wisconsin keeps having coaches leave but keep winning.

Washington against the Stanford - already been discussed - 2 solid teams with good coaches. Washington at home gets the nod from me.

Weirdest line of the week - I keep wondering what I have missed. USC(1-3) a 10 point favorite over ASU(4-0). I just don't see it. ASU has a poor defense for sure but Graham is a good coach and will have his team ready. The Trojans seem to be a team in disarray, not sure that Helton has the leadership to fix it Do not like picking teams that have lost their mojo. I just don't see a 10 point spread. I picked ASU in the pickem but would stay away with real money.

Stanford - UW should be an interesting match-up.

Looks like UW has the advantage with skill players, especially with Furd's injuries. Furd though looks to have a real advantage at the LOS. Logic says that UW should win but I think Stanford comes out the winner.

And agree completely with BnG on the ASU-USC game. SC looks like a total train wreck right now, until they can look like an actual team it's hard to see them winning a game like this.

I just hope they don't get beat so bad that Helton gets fired and they get the emotional boost that sometime comes with an in season coaching change.

This is the week we will see USC's true colors. They may fold like a cheap suit, in which case they will fold all year.

This is the week we will see USC's true colors. They may fold like a cheap suit, in which case they will fold all year.

ASU is far from a complete football team but they have some individuals who can put points on the board in a hurry.

If SC goes to 1-4 on an ugly loss (24+ point differential) would they fire Helton and name an interim this soon.

Historically, UW has been the better team. Saying they'll be put back in their spot would indicate that you think they're going to win.

I really dislike Stanford, but I can't help but think they're the PAC 12's best shot at a playoff birth.

The all time series, interestingly, is 41-41-4.

I do agree that over the last 50 years, UW (with James, Owens coaching) had higher highs.

I may not be getting this right- but I believe that Stanford is the only team to have at least one season finishing in the Top-10 of the AP poll every decade the poll has existed... That said, they've had some garbage squads too... I remember them losing to UC Davis not so long ago.

ASU is far from a complete football team but they have some individuals who can put points on the board in a hurry.
If SC goes to 1-4 on an ugly loss (24+ point differential) would they fire Helton and name an interim this soon.

I watch all ASU games, every down. They are piss poor on defense. They have a good running game. Their passing game can be shut down. QB is elusive and very athletic. He's coming into his own about now. But I think USC can run the ball down their throat. If they don't get behind early and they stick to the run game, I don't know that ASU can stop it.

I picked Clemson over Louisville - tough to call Clemson has more talent, IMO, but Petrino is a better Xs and Os coach, Swinney is a great motivator. Great teams and great coaches. Louisville is slightly favored as the home team.

Texas against OSU - Picking the horns but it really is a toss up. It will be interesting to see which coach can get his team back on track. I think both are good coaches but Strong had an extra week to work on the defense.

Wisconsin against Michigan - okay not really that interesting - I picked Michigan over the Badgers mostly because I do not believe in the Badgers yet. I do find it interesting that Wisconsin keeps having coaches leave but keep winning.

Washington against the Stanford - already been discussed - 2 solid teams with good coaches. Washington at home gets the nod from me.

Weirdest line of the week - I keep wondering what I have missed. USC(1-3) a 10 point favorite over ASU(4-0). I just don't see it. ASU has a poor defense for sure but Graham is a good coach and will have his team ready. The Trojans seem to be a team in disarray, not sure that Helton has the leadership to fix it Do not like picking teams that have lost their mojo. I just don't see a 10 point spread. I picked ASU in the pickem but would stay away with real money.

On the USC line, I was told by people when I lived in Vegas that USC is generally the most inflated line of the week because so much California USC money gets put on them. tifwiw. 10 seems high to me. I would have expected USC -3 for a basic home field advantage pick 'em.

I'm not surprised at that USC line. USC is certainly not a great team but they still have a ton of talent and should've beat Utah and are better than their 1-3 record. Meanwhile ASU needed 17 points to win at UTSA. UTSA! That was also their only other road game. I relate USC to ND - a poor start but they still have the talent to play with just about anybody in the country.

I also think Clemson beats Louisville in a game where home field ends up making a big difference. (This game is at Clemson, not Lousville as you noted)

Am I missing something? I am about to drop a lot of money on Tennessee -3.5 at Georgia.

Am I missing something? I am about to drop a lot of money on Tennessee -3.5 at Georgia.

Chubb is out for this game, but even so I still think the Dawgs will win this one at home. Also Tennessee's first true road game and they've looked shakey against a couple of small schools, App St and Ohio U. Plus VT helped them out with a boatload of turnovers.

I find myself pulling for Furd.

I just really don't like Washington. Never have.

Plus I don't like that ****er Chris Petersen for helping Dan Hawkins fool the world into thinking that Hawkins was a decent football coach. I know it's absurd, but who cares. **** Chris Petersen.

Back