What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 9/28-10/1

Yeah ... with the purple helmets? The coach (Lambert?) who succeeded Don James immediately caught a lot of flack from the fans for making that change from their glory days. He didn't last long either as I recall.

But given the plethora of uni combinations every major program (including us) has these days, I don't think it really matters anymore. It used to be that I could immediately identify who was playing when all the schools wore the same home/road unis when I channel-surfed. Now, outside of Michigan (those helmets!), Pedo State (they look plain), Bama (ditto), and a few others, I have to actually see the score to figure out who's playing. Thanks a lot, ****ing Dux!

Lambright switched the UDub helmets up, and Skippy changed them back.

As far as unis go, you can do different things and not be stupid about it. I think we've done a great job that way. We can be different from game to game, but still have a look that is very close to our classic look.

I think we look better and more classic, even with silver helmets or the stormtrooper look, than we did with some of the dumbass looks we had in the late 90s and 2000s.

Yeah ... with the purple helmets? The coach (Lambert?) who succeeded Don James immediately caught a lot of flack from the fans for making that change from their glory days. He didn't last long either as I recall.

But given the plethora of uni combinations every major program (including us) has these days, I don't think it really matters anymore. It used to be that I could immediately identify who was playing when all the schools wore the same home/road unis when I channel-surfed. Now, outside of Michigan (those helmets!), Pedo State (they look plain), Bama (ditto), and a few others, I have to actually see the score to figure out who's playing. Thanks a lot, ****ing Dux!
That's the one. It was a good game, like 33-21 I think. Wanna say it was '96? I still lived in Texas then. They had good players, pretty sure Corey Dillon was their back.

i really hate the uw coach, horse-faced mutha that he is, who said he was coming to CU as the oc for juice box and then didn't come. i hope he steps in a mudhole, breaks a leg, and has to be taken out behind the stable.

hey. i like this. i am starting to develop a good amount of in-conference hate. it isn't big 8 or even big 12 level hate yet, but when i hate every pac 12 team as much as i hate usc, we will be there.

Haters gonna hate? I know you remember:)

That's the one. It was a good game, like 33-21 I think. Wanna say it was '96? I still lived in Texas then. They had good players, pretty sure Corey Dillon was their back.

Yep ... '96. And Brock Huard (now a broadcast color guy with Fox?) was their QB.

Toledo @ BYU shaping up to be an interesting game ... Rockets up 28-21 early in the third.

St Thomas Aquinas (Florida) vs Bishop Gorman on TV. Bubba Bolden a stud...gotta get him.

Toledo-BYU is a slugfest ... 38-35 at the end of the 3rd.

It's crazy how far BYU has fallen.

They would have rolled Toledo back in their glory years.

At some point, if your defense has no shot, don't you just start onside kicking? Field position doesn't matter if you're giving up TDs every time.

BYU wins 55-53. Looking at their schedule, might be the saving grace that allows them to keep their bowl streak (11 games) going unless Mississippi State or Utah State can beat them in Provo.

One odd situation is Wake Forest is sitting at 4-0. No, of course they haven't done much of note (wins @ Duke, @ Indiana, Tulane, Delaware). They visit NC State tomorrow. However, with Syracuse, Army, Virginia and Boston College all left to visit Winston Salem, they could certainly reach 8-4. If they somehow won tomorrow in Raleigh, 9-3 isn't out of the question although that's getting a bit ahead of things. Wake isn't good, they'd be 11th or 12th in the Pac. Just goes to show what a schedule with the right breaks can do. FSU and Louisville on the road, just as well, wouldn't win regardless of location.

Everybody loves Louisville...I just don't see it.
Because despite his obvious flaws, this dude can coach.

petrino_large.jpg

Watch BYU. Head coach completely unproven as a Head coach. Thought he'd set it on fire with poly recruiting though and that hasn't happened either.

Hiring coordinators to be head coaches can be a boom/bust proposition.

Watch BYU. Head coach completely unproven as a Head coach. Thought he'd set it on fire with poly recruiting though and that hasn't happened either.

Hiring coordinators to be head coaches can be a boom/bust proposition.
Hiring coaches in general can be a boom/bust proposition.

Lambright switched the UDub helmets up, and Skippy changed them back.

As far as unis go, you can do different things and not be stupid about it. I think we've done a great job that way. We can be different from game to game, but still have a look that is very close to our classic look.

I think we look better and more classic, even with silver helmets or the stormtrooper look, than we did with some of the dumbass looks we had in the late 90s and 2000s.
Illinois grad came up to me this week and said "what's with the white uniforms?" I agree. That's for AFA and Ped St.

Illinois grad came up to me this week and said "what's with the white uniforms?" I agree. That's for AFA and Ped St.

I'm not going to argue with that, but we all know it's not for us anyway.

I'm just happy that we are doing it in a way that still retains our classic look, and have left the nonsense of goofy numbers, etc behind.

Toledo got 1 vote in the Top 25 last week. Glad BYU knocked them out. That's one ballot looking for a team to move into the Top 25.

I'm not going to argue with that, but we all know it's not for us anyway.

I'm just happy that we are doing it in a way that still retains our classic look, and have left the nonsense of goofy numbers, etc behind.
Yes, a cheery hear hear! to no goofy numbers, and like the names on the back.

Hiring coaches in general can be a boom/bust proposition.
True. But I was dumbfounded when many on here questioned UW hiring Petersen. That sort of track record is no mistake. Same for Wyoming coach. He'll have the best Cowboy team ever by year 4.

True. But I was dumbfounded when many on here questioned UW hiring Petersen. That sort of track record is no mistake. Same for Wyoming coach. He'll have the best Cowboy team ever by year 4.
Did anyone really question that? That was an amazing hire and a coach that turned down a of programs. Out of no where, big time name, maintained recruiting territory, that is about as good of a hire as you can have.

I didn't question the Petersen hire as much as hope he would struggle with the step up from Boise to UDub.

I did have my doubts about the Peterson hire. He seems to be a very different guy from the others but the track record of Boise coaches isn't good, as we unfortunately found out.

Maybe it was finally time for the odds to even out.

Hiring coaches is never a slam dunk. Look how many coach es Alabama went through between The Bear and Saban with limited success. A lot of other schools that have all the resources and have their choice of candidates have struggled to find the right guy, even in some cases where the hire was the right guy someplace else before.

Back