What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Weekend of October 15-17

Stanford again exhibits the formula to beat the fast paced PAC 12 teams. Does CU take note this time?

Nope. Just keep passing and getting Sefo killed on 3rd and long.

CU will never 'out Oregon' Oregon. The glory days will only return for us when we build a team around a smash mouth offense and hard hitting defense.

Stanford again exhibits the formula to beat the fast paced PAC 12 teams. Does CU take note this time?

CU will never 'out Oregon' Oregon. The glory days will only return for us when we build a team around a smash mouth offense and hard hitting defense.
Why is it so much easier to do it that way?

Where do you get the idea CU is trying to emulate Oregon?

Stanford is the team to beat in the Pac-12.

I think they're going to ass-throttle Utah.

Stanford is an interesting team.

They have quietly gotten much faster over the past few classes, teams can't beat them with speed like they did a few years ago.

The power game hasn't been sacrificed in the process. Unlike most teams these days they can still line up and pummel people at the LOS which they did last night.

It used to be that they would beat on people with their offensive line setting up 5-15 yard gains by a tough RB. Now they beat teams up setting up long TD runs by guys like McCaffrey who can still get those tough yards but can also take it to the end zone on any play. On how many teams would Barry Sanders jr. be the back-up RB.

Play up against them to stop the run (and they still run over you) and they have talent on the outside to throw it over your head. That catch in the endzone last night was amazing but Stanford had recievers open all night.

Wonder how the screwed up and weren't ready to play a good Northwestern team but if they win out they should be in the playoff

I feel like some people think it's easy to emulate Stanford's offense and that it doesn't require as much speed/talent as the Spread. That's just not the case at all, and CU is no closer to having the horses to be effective with that style of O than it is with the style we are currently running.

Good call. What does your gut tell you about Michigan-Michigan State tomorrow ... I need to call my bookie. :D

My gut tells me that Michigan State covers, Michigan is coming back but isn't there yet.

That same gut says that that apple turnovers are a better choice for me than a salad so listening to it probably isn't a good idea for you financial health.

I feel like some people think it's easy to emulate Stanford's offense and that it doesn't require as much speed/talent as the Spread. That's just not the case at all, and CU is no closer to having the horses to be effective with that style of O than it is with the style we are currently running.

Exactly. Stanford has nine players in their OL rotation. Seven were either 5* or 4* players coming out of high school, and that is after they lost former 5* Andrus Peat to the draft.

Exactly. Stanford has nine players in their OL rotation. Seven were either 5* or 4* players coming out of high school, and that is after they lost former 5* Andrus Peat to the draft.
And you didn't even mention their TEs. They have some guys there who block like linement and are still a threat to catch the ball.

I would argue that when you aren't doing exactly what everyone else is doing and competing for the same talent to run your system as everyone else that it can be easier (see Georgia Tech recruiting guys for the option) but Stanford has a bunch of guys who would be good in any system.

@Devildog are you going to take that ****?!?!
Stanford lost to Utah the last two years in a row and had better talent. This year Utah has the best talent it has ever had for the PAC 12 fight. We won't see Stanford unless we make the championship game. Have you seen Whittingham's bowl record? Utah will beat Stanford.

Stanford lost to Utah the last two years in a row and had better talent. This year Utah has the best talent it has ever had for the PAC 12 fight. We won't see Stanford unless we make the championship game. Have you seen Whittingham's bowl record? Utah will beat Stanford.
You make valid points, except the CCG is not a bowl game.

Except that we play you guys the week before.
I thought your entire reason for visiting Allbuffs was to explain that Oregon was a really good team. Now that it appears that they're not, so much, I assumed that you wouldn't be visiting anymore. Did I not understand this relationship properly?

I thought your entire reason for visiting Allbuffs was to explain that Oregon was a really good team. Now that it appears that they're not, so much, I assumed that you wouldn't be visiting anymore. Did I not understand this relationship properly?

Dumbdog makes me realize how little I miss the old trolls from the B12 days. Most of our other visitors for PAC12 schools (well except maybe those who get to much heat and sun) tend to be at least entertaining. Dumbdog is just dull.

I think many fail to recognize the Ute fan base does actually have a far larger degree of your "Joe Utepack" segment of fan commonly found amongst neighbors to the east than one would expect. We need a bit of this as a conference, so it's fine, but UU does have that trait lurking.

Except that we play you guys the week before.
If you're implying that we're as good as a bye week to the Utes, you may want to reflect on the fact that Utah hasn't beaten CU by more than a TD in the PAC12, not to mention that CU has kept Utah out of the CCG before.

Back