What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Pac 12 games, discussion thread...

What do you have against Fields? He caught 3 passes for 79 yards and one near TD (26 yards per target). All 3 catches went for more than 10 yards (all first downs!) and I believe he caught all three in the first half, or even the first quarter, when the game was still in doubt. After that things shut down other than the penalty assisted deep throw to Bobo. Every time he was targeted, it went for a big play. Sounds like a pretty legit deep threat to me.

I agree that his blocking was bad - I think Jaymac's was better. Talk about an improvement there.

But to just say he wasn't targeted as much and move on to the one weakness in his game? Dishonesty through omition. What's with your bias?

Darth - I have nothing against him, I've only stated that he probably wouldn't start for most (or any) PAC12 teams LAST year. This was countering the folks on here and Scout that were slathering on our WR position. They stated he was a #1 guy, and I dismiss that. Perhaps he could be, he just didn't show that last year.

I thought he had the type of game I'd expect from him. He ran by a guy for a 60 yard TD and had 2 other catches. One was an underneath drag route that CSU didn't defend.

I was however impressed by Ross and Bobo, they showed things they hadn't shown before. Especially Bobo. He had a ridiculous catch with one hand. He had a nice catch over the middle in traffic that I would like to see more of from Fields. And he blocked like a mad dog. Ross and JayMac both blocked their asses off as well.

Ross and Bobo exceeded my expectations based on prior year's production.

Can't have it both ways. He either was good last year and his production on Saturday disappointed, or he wasn't good (your argument) and his production was relatively good

Just watched Stanford over KSU. Cardinal OL struggled in run game they escaped. KSU is likely pretty good, very good on D.

Noticed that kid from the Eastern Plains is starting RT at KSU. Risner?

New Stanford QB impressed.

Last edited:
Things in the conference can still go a lot of ways.

Oregon at WSU this weekend should yield a program with hope vs one without, come post game.

USC hosts ASU: can USC get it together against a visiting ASU team? USC looked better with the new QB last week. ASU can't spell defense, but their offense is getting better each week behind QB Wilkins. USC should reverse their fortunes here and beat ASU.

UCLA hosts UofA. UCLA played tough against Stanford but their new offense has NOT been too productive. Arizona played well against UW at home but UW was looking ahead? UCLA should beat them handily, perhaps getting their offense untracked against a porous UofA defense.

Stanford @ UW - North championship on the line here. I think UW wins a close game.

Utah @ Cal - Utah offense improving quickly. Still plays good D and ST. Should learn more about both teams. Cal imploded in the 2nd half vs ASU last week, after leading by 14 at half, giving up 27 2nd half points. Cal can't play defense very well. Utah should win a close game.

I think Stanford beats UW but in a fairly close game. UW hasn't played anybody and barely won at Arizona. Looking ahead, I think Stanford will lose in South Bend in a few weeks.

Heard a crazy stat today - McCaffrey hasn't scored a TD in a true road game in his career at Stanford.

I think the best game may be UofA and UCLA....both coming off tough losses at the end of the game and in OT

I think the best game may be UofA and UCLA....both coming off tough losses at the end of the game and in OT

It's going to be easy to get hyped going into all of these remaining games.

Gotta get the monkey off the back when it comes to never beating ASU nor USC. Marking wins against both can't come soon enough.

Stanford and Oregon are generally considered the traditional elite teams in the conference. Beating any of these teams in their stadium will result in great media coverage (and maximizes the delicious production of opposing fan anguish) One down, One to go.

USC and UCLA - Southern Cal is CU's primary recruiting hotbed. Our players get geeked at the prospect of playing in front of homies. A win over both SoCal teams is vindication that the choice to come to CU was the right one. There maybe a little payback incentive for the guys who wanted but didn't get the Trojan or Bruin offer. These are big deal recruiting wins. And the UCLA game is when a lot of their players get to play in front of mom.

Oregon State and Washington State are bread-n-butter games needed to punch the ticket to a bowl game. Allbuffs doesn't need another 365 days of poop thread posts. Gotta wipe these guys.

Arizona and Utah doesn't generate the national media attention of big market opponents. But these are also important games from a bowl eligibility and recruiting perspective. CU has beaten both of these teams before. Let's do it again (and again, and again). Establishing and confirming a natural pecking order that buries both these state flagship programs in our dust is good and right. There also is the rivalry aspect to consider. This is a good time to fuel some hatred between fanbases. Nobody in the Buff Galaxy likes Ute and Wildcat pity.

Stanford is well coached, but lacks gamebreakers on o outside of McCaffery in a big way. Beatable until their secondary gets healthy. Washington... I'm glad we don't play them

****. washington is taking it to them. ****. we don't need a strong uw. in terms of schools we compete with, they and oregon are closer to peers than usc, stanford, or cal.

****. washington is taking it to them. ****. we don't need a strong uw. in terms of schools we compete with, they and oregon are closer to peers than usc, stanford, or cal.

If things go back to the way they have been historically, Washington kinda scored with the divisions being set up the way they did.

Oregon stunk before Uncle Phil and probably will again once he kicks off, WSU normally sucks, OSU does too, and Stanford and Cal generally will have a couple of good years before they go back to suckage. Stanford's run now has been really long, relatively speaking.

The south has more schools that have historically been good year after year.

Non sequitur - the uniform Jeric has for his avatar is sick! Why don't we have that?

Last edited:
Stanford isn't going to lose games on the LOS. Washington is a good team that has made big strides but until somebody matches up with Stanford up front they have to be the favorite.

Just hope they don't have a stupid loss like they have had in recent years. PAC12 needs a solid candidate for the playoffs this year and Stanford looks like the best bet.
Oops

After watching some of the P12 games so far this season I think our main competition for the South championship will be Utah.

I like how our schedule sets up, with more winnable games at home and tougher games on the road.

We'll be better at defending pass-happy offenses than run oriented O's which also sets up nicely with our home schedule. The hurry-up O at altitude gives us a home advantage against all but the Yoots.

So I think it all will come down to the winner of the game just after Thanksgiving. Good thing we have em at home.

Stanford is well coached, but lacks gamebreakers on o outside of McCaffery in a big way. Beatable until their secondary gets healthy. Washington... I'm glad we don't play them

Total offense ranking...
#121 Stanford 4games, 233plays, 1239tot yds, 5.32yds pp, 8TDs, 309.8yds pg

There were in the 100s before last night too.

huskies looked strong ....stanfords oline not as good as in the past.....the bad news is peterson could be building a powerhouse up there.... they still need to beat the dux which they havent done in a decade but should this year

So much for MWC coaches shouldn't become P5 coaches... Petersen building it the right way in Seattle. No measurable building has been done under current regimes at UCLA, AZ, ASU, Oregon and Stanford. None of these squads are as good now as the first year in each of those coaches terms. You are either getting better or you are getting worse in CFB.

Well we need our old pal, Davis Webb, to have a huge game today and throw for 600 yds, 5 TD's and no picks to take down the Utes. USC should bounce back against ASU, and if things go as expected at Folsom, the Buffs should be sitting alone atop the Pac-12 South standings as the only 2-0 team.

Well we need our old pal, Davis Webb, to have a huge game today and throw for 600 yds, 5 TD's and no picks to take down the Utes. USC should bounce back against ASU, and if things go as expected at Folsom, the Buffs should be sitting alone atop the Pac-12 South standings as the only 2-0 team.
Weird to root for Davis Webb, isn't it?

Weird to root for Davis Webb, isn't it?

It is somewhat ironic that Webb can really help the Buffs' cause this season, by beating Utah today, USC later this month, and UCLA in November. I don't know if Cal wins any of those games without Webb as their QB. Glad he didn't flip to Auburn.

Back