What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Pac 12 games, discussion thread...

Washington won't be showing any mercy against them next week, that's for sure. 12 straight losses.

Oregon doesn't need to be this bad, but maybe there's no salvaging it at this point with Helfrich in charge. It's not hard to see them being 4-8 when you look at their schedule. Anything beyond 6-6 is stretching it. @ Cal/ASU is what will determine whether they can keep their bowl streak alive.

Still not concerned with the Wazzu game. One, it's a month away. Two, it's so late that weather with an air raid offense is bound to be a factor.

I tend to agree, although I certainly don't take a W over them for granted. This one tonight is more about Oregon being a disaster than Wazzu doing anything incredible, IMO.

Criminy Oregon.

We're going to start looking like the team that 'underperformed' against the Ducks.

Criminy Oregon.

We're going to start looking like the team that 'underperformed' against the Ducks.
Us & Nebraska; of course the Corn almost gave one away in Memorial.

Safe to say that, all things being equal as a home team, the Nubs are 20+ points the lesser team than the Cougs.

Criminy Oregon.

They are a different team at Autzen. Team is a mess, but it was trying to get healthy at home. Buffs would have rolled them at Folsom.

Who is Phil Knight firing tomorrow, Helfrich or Hoke? Oregon just gave up 6 RUSHING TDs to freaking Wazzou.

Who is Phil Knight firing tomorrow, Helfrich or Hoke? Oregon just gave up 6 RUSHING TDs to freaking Wazzou.

Hoke was a horrible hire. I'm not sure why people thought that was a good move.

Wazzu and Leach need to stop embarrassing the conference in non conf. if they're going to play like this.

If they beat UW and get to 6-6, then maybe Helfrich gets a little more rope. They'd probably have to go out and get Dave Aranda (who will probably get to work where ever he wants) to make that happen.

looks like Oregon is quitting a bit. Bad news bears for Helfy. I understand giving up points to WSU, but that offensive performance... yeesh.

If Montez hadn't gifted Oregon those two picks last week CU would have made Oregon quit too. They were on the verge of quitting before the picks sparked life into them. Plus, I want WSU overconfident when they come to Colorado.

Oregon has this weird dynamic where their staff has stayed largely intact for like 15 years. It would be a huge move if someone came in and cleared house

If they cleared house at Oregon, it would set them back years. Of course, on their present trajectory, they're setting themselves back years. So maybe it wouldn't be that bad an idea.

I feel like Oregon is rapidly becoming the popular guy that peaked in high school and the really hot chicks are starting to take notice.

Helfrich is done imho. Even if he gets them to a Bowl, don't see him there next year. Never really thought much of Hoke either.

With their NFL players part of me sees USC finally getting their pac12 South champion team running on all cylinders.

The other part of me sees an Arizona St team that finally faced a living defense.

The problem for Helfrich began when their long time DC retired a few years back. It hurt to lose Frost as probably his right hand. Then under pressure he hires Hoke who was never a coordinator before becoming a head coach or associated with Oregon and coordinating a defense to compliment their offense. If Helfrich makes a bowl he lives another year.

I feel like Oregon is rapidly becoming the popular guy that peaked in high school and the really hot chicks are starting to take notice.
I have a hard time not seeing Oregon as a consistent power in the Pacific 12. Too much money

I have a hard time not seeing Oregon as a consistent power in the Pacific 12. Too much money
Money only works if you throw it at the right coaching staff. Do they have that right now? The uniforms feel more like a gimmick when their losing, than something recruits are enamored by. They had their niche of playing fast and being flashy, and I think they are kind of devoid of an identity right now.

Money only works if you throw it at the right coaching staff. Do they have that right now? The uniforms feel more like a gimmick when their losing, than something recruits are enamored by. They had their niche of playing fast and being flashy, and I think they are kind of devoid of an identity right now.

Agree with this. Oregon is only special to recruits when they are winning.

Yes the have the facilities and the uniforms but the reason they were getting the recruits is because Kelly and his staff had them putting up huge numbers and they were fixtures on the highlight shows.

For Oregon to win they have to get the players out of SoCal. When they are winning they can do that, fall back to average and it is hard to beat the LA schools.

They will have the money to hire the coach they want but will the coach they get be able to match Kelly's success? History would say that plenty of programs have had trouble finding that guy.

Back