What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Than CU- What Are Your Top 5 College Football Teams/Schools/Fanbases

So Cal Dad went there

Clempson. Had to adopt a team here in SC.

PSU Other than a handful of people, they did nothing wrong and got jobbed. The people who did the wrong things, shall they rot in hell.

Whoever is playing Nebraska

Whoever is playing Notre Dame

Whoever is playing Nebraska.
Whoever is playing Texas.
Whoever is playing Baylor.
Whoever is playing Notre Dame
Whoever is playing Penn State.

Then
The non-Florida team
The non-Eastern time zone team
The non-SEC team
The non-California team (except Cal)
The non-Texas team
The underdog

I go along with most of this outside the teams I named earlier and The California part. I kind of like UCLA and Stanford.

Like some have mentioned, because we aren't awesome right now, I root for EVERY team to lose...every week.

In general, I would happy if my kids went to:
Stanford
UCLA
Princeton
:sorry: Texas

1. Iowa- my dad's family is all from there and live and breath hawkeyes football.
2. Wisconsin- Grandfather played football there
3. CSU-Pueblo- lots of friends play for them now.

Don't beat me up to bad or ban me from the Forum. But, I grew up in tx, and my first taste of college football was UH (University of Houston) and aTm... went to many games at both schools (well the Astrodome) and Kyle Field. Lots of family members went to both schools.

1. uh
2. atm

Like I said, that is when I was really young.

Honestly, Despite the fact that they are cultish, have male cheerleaders and a douchebag QB, I like the A&M fan base. Of all the road trips I've been on, College Station was the most welcoming.

Syracuse-hometown team, great tradition, basketball team is awesome too

Penn State- grandpa graduated there before paterno was head coach

LSU- my buddy is a huge fan and I got to hang out with his good friend Odell Beckham jr in New Orleans 2 yrs ago

Wisconsin- have a bunch of friends in Madison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Don't really root for anyone else. 100% all CU for me.

I guess I somewhat root for Iowa (dad's alma mater) and Indiana (mom's alma mater, but mostly basketball here)
Like wise. I root for Iowa but I don't follow that closely.

Other than that AF and Harvard since a relative played for them.

Like another poster in this thread, I grew up in the Springs and attended more AFA games than CU games growing up. So, I like the Zoomies okay. I'll casually root for Iowa, South Carolina and Northwestern because various friends and coworkers went to those schools. Used to casually root for Arizona until we moved to the Pac-12.

I grew up an FSU fan as both my parents went there.
Orlando was a huge navy town with the Nuke school, and they recruited me heavily, so I always root for them.
UCF- I got my Masters there and they have been bordering on interesting for several years now.
UF-lots of friends went there and they are interesting to watch.
Wisconsin and Northwestern are the two big 10 teams I root for. Kinda random.

CU
LSU
NW?
Minnesota

I have a good H.S. buddy who went to LSU and his father is a major player. He flew me from Gunnison to Baton Rouge for my first game in 2007. I go back every year and have a ticket waiting for me. I don't get to many college venues but I cant imagine much better.

One of my fellow interns when I worked in baseball was a Northwestern grad. I gave him crap but always feel an affinity for them. Tough to not root for the academic schools. PLus they have a coach in Fitzgerald. Is it just me or would he kill it at USC?

Just some family from Minnesota. How do you not root for a gopher, seriously? I think they have a great coach also in Kill. Was up there this summer and the new stadium is really nice.

Nebraska
Colorado State
North Dakota State

Never really thought about it, but I guess I am kind of the anti-Christ around here.

Oh well! Deal with it.

I was going to say the Buffs and that was all but, after some thought here it goes. Still one sided.

1.Buffs. My mother went to CU.
2.Buffs. My uncle told me stories as a child of the greatness of the teams.
3.Buffs. First big time sporting event I ever attended was a game at Folsom
4.Notre Dame. Grew up Catholic and went to a church in Denver also called Notre Dame don't believe they have any affiliation with ND.
5.Illinois. The biological father side of the family is from Chicago area. My grandfather told me how he took advantage of the GI bill to attend college here.

I don't like any team that is not CU. I usually pick a team to root for in other games by which one I hate less.

Only other team I'm a fan of is Syracuse.

But I also like to see these teams do well:
Clemson and South Carolina, because the SC fanbases support college football in a big way whereas the NC fanbases are apathetic
Air Force, lived in CS for quite a while
Miami, I loved those renegade teams from the 80's and 90's
USC, for beating ND fairly regularly
Whoever is playing ND

1. Oregon - self explanatory, 2. All of the PAC 12 teams (except for USC, hate their sense of entitlement, and Washington, although they can make it off the **** list if their attitude changes), 3. Oregon, 4. Virginia - liked their fans, 5. Any team that beats Ohio State.

Am I missing something here, or is there no way to make the "enter" key work to start a new paragraph? Really annoying. I've encountered this problem on other forums.

Back