What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Others Receiving Votes

we dumped mizzou by 5 spots and knocked ksu completely out of the ap.

i'd call that a pretty successful start on our big xii exit march...

KSU got whacked by Mizz-who tonight too so as long as we win out this week we'll definitely jump them in next week's polls...

For all you data geeks out there, you can see exactly who voted for each team and at what ranking for todays AP poll here: http://www.pollspeak.com/pollstalker/pollstalker.php?r=F&s=14&p=29&w=11&t1=0&t2=0&v=118
I find it interesting that only 12 of the top 25 teams were ranked on all 65 ballots. Also interesting to note that CU and KSU were ranked on the same number of ballots but those who did vote for KSU ranked them higher than those who voted for CU.

This was expected though. I honestly don't see us being ranked this year unless we beat KU (barring bad losses). I think we'll be on the outside looking in all year, but that's good - this is an improvement from last year, which was an improvement from the prior year, which was better than the year before, etc.

Rankings mean jack ****. I'm a big Duke fan as well, as you can tell by the moniker, and on the Duke sites, everyone gets all happy about how many weeks at #1...honestly, who cares? OOC schedule, conference schedule - it's all preseason if you get to make it to the Big Dance. The Buffs have a great chance to make it to field, and if they do, who cares if we never got ranked. Get to 9-7 or 10-6 and win two or one, respectively, conference tournament games...we're in. That's all that matters. The polls only help publicity and advertising.

This was expected though. I honestly don't see us being ranked this year unless we beat KU (barring bad losses). I think we'll be on the outside looking in all year, but that's good - this is an improvement from last year, which was an improvement from the prior year, which was better than the year before, etc.

Rankings mean jack ****. I'm a big Duke fan as well, as you can tell by the moniker, and on the Duke sites, everyone gets all happy about how many weeks at #1...honestly, who cares? OOC schedule, conference schedule - it's all preseason if you get to make it to the Big Dance. The Buffs have a great chance to make it to field, and if they do, who cares if we never got ranked. Get to 9-7 or 10-6 and win two or one, respectively, conference tournament games...we're in. That's all that matters. The polls only help publicity and advertising.

Things that CU Basketball is desperate for. Getting ranked would matter for this program.

Things that CU Basketball is desperate for. Getting ranked would matter for this program.

I'm tipsy and have to be at work whenever tomorrow...

...do you sleep?!?!

...I was going to rep you, but apparently I have to spread some rep around...lame...go to sleep.

Very true, but Duke is right to. I'd take a tourney bid over being ranked any day. Of course it'd be great to have both. :smile2:

It is all perception right now...the more good press for CU hoops the better....that is why tonight and Saturday are important for CU...have to keep the momentum and the product out in the forefront

Back