What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OU fans a little intense already!

Sounds like someone needed to get to his Scrotum before he had to worry about child support. Both of these guys sound like geniuses.

What can you expect Wyo...they're both Big12 South...nothing like their classy cousins above the Mason Dixon :D

With Denver getting all freaky around the CU/CSU game, I think I will just wear a cup to the bars for the next few weeks. :cool:

Noes way! NE rox my sox. Ok...just Omaha or Lincoln I could give a **** about the rest. Yeah...been here 4 years...shoulda kept my first duty station in Germany...so awesome.

San Antonio sucks ass. A little rain from a little hurricane and they close down half of I-35. And just on the day that I had to go down there last week. It took me like 2 hours to get through downtown.

****ed up town, I tell you.

I agree. I go to Austin all the time cause my buddy who is also in the mil is from there so we go party. Lake Travis rox but **** 6th street...too ****ing expensive

San Antonio sucks ass. A little rain from a little hurricane and they close down half of I-35. And just on the day that I had to go down there last week. It took me like 2 hours to get through downtown.

****ed up town, I tell you.

That whole town floods regularly. And every time it floods, some dip**** decides they can drive through the water and drowns.

I agree. I go to Austin all the time cause my buddy who is also in the mil is from there so we go party. Lake Travis rox but **** 6th street...too ****ing expensive

Is it Lake Travis or Lake Austin that has the Hula Hut? I like that joint. I miss Chuy's, too.

I've only been to San Antonio once, but I kind of enjoyed it. We played golf at the Quarry, which is by far the most unusual golf course I've ever played (The back 9, anyway). Riverwalk is cool, and the downtown area is pleasant. I was there in November, so the weather wasn't too bad. I guess it can get pretty bad in the Summer months.

Yeah it gets hotter than two hamsters dry ****in in a wool sock. Riverwalk is cool if you never been here but locals know it's a 'touristy' part of town so most bar-goers avoid it. I used to have a second job as a bouncer at Mad Dogs British Pub down there and I got sick of it real fast. Anyways....the Quarry is cool...I like the movie theater down there but the absolute best parts about the San Antonio area are the Guadalupe River, Comal River and the Alamo Draft House. What's better then getting pitchers of hefeiwessen and having a waitress wait on you while you watch the newest movie eating stove cooked popcorn....the best.

Yeah it gets hotter than two hamsters dry ****in in a wool sock. Riverwalk is cool if you never been here but locals know it's a 'touristy' part of town so most bar-goers avoid it. I used to have a second job as a bouncer at Mad Dogs British Pub down there and I got sick of it real fast. Anyways....the Quarry is cool...I like the movie theater down there but the absolute best parts about the San Antonio area are the Guadalupe River, Comal River and the Alamo Draft House. What's better then getting pitchers of hefeiwessen and having a waitress wait on you while you watch the newest movie eating stove cooked popcorn....the best.

I miss the Guadeloupe. Tubing is fun ****. Just make sure you're not the driver...:thumbsup:

That whole town floods regularly. And every time it floods, some dip**** decides they can drive through the water and drowns.

:yeahthat:

The year I lived there we would just watch tv and laugh at all the rescues every time it rained. There is a reason they had those depth scale things on the side of the roads.

Morons.

SA did have some killer tstorms.

I miss the Guadeloupe. Tubing is fun ****. Just make sure you're not the driver...:thumbsup:

Yeah I've been arrested on that ****er. Who knew it was illegal to piss behind a tree out in the woods while you're severely intoxicated....evidently me.

LOL did you know they now have new laws where you can't:

1) Have a cooler OVER 16 quarts (Regardless of what's in it)
2) An open container under 5oz. (under...makes sense)
3) Or drink out of or posess a beer funnel or bong.

Gayyyyy...texas laws are stupid.

:yeahthat:

The year I lived there we would just watch tv and laugh at all the rescues every time it rained. There is a reason they had those depth scale things on the side of the roads.

Morons.

SA did have some killer tstorms.

Really? I disagree...being from Nebraska and Iowa these storms are pussies. Everyone drives like 5 ****ing miles an hour on the loop when its sprinkling out...drives me ****in insane

Yeah I've been arrested on that ****er. Who knew it was illegal to piss behind a tree out in the woods while you're severely intoxicated....evidently me.

Tubing the Guadalupe River rocks. I still have my river rat t-shirt someplace.:thumbsup:

Really? I disagree...being from Nebraska and Iowa these storms are pussies. Everyone drives like 5 ****ing miles an hour on the loop when its sprinkling out...drives me ****in insane

I thought they were better than Colorado or Indiana tstorms, but not quite as good as Oklahoma's storms. Haven't been in an Iowa or Nebraska storm. New Mexico's aren't worth mentioning. :sad1:

I thought they were better than Colorado or Indiana tstorms, but not quite as good as Oklahoma's storms. Haven't been in an Iowa or Nebraska storm. New Mexico's aren't worth mentioning. :sad1:

Like TStorms right? Never been in a Colorado storm either except for snow storms when we hit the condo.

But I guess I'm gauging it on wind speed and thunder and lighting and twisters and stuff.....SA storms definately get a lot heavier rain.

No ****, half of our counties are still dry.

Why wouldn't you just pee in the river? That's where it goes when you pee on the banks anyway.

So you have to have a bunch of small coolers when you tube? That's dumb. all that will encourage is hard liquor consupmtion instead of beer. And what good does the under 5 oz rule do? Get rid of small booze bottles but not big ones?

The amount of rain and lightning can be pretty intense in TX. No hail or tornadoes, though.

Like TStorms right? Never been in a Colorado storm either except for snow storms when we hit the condo.

But I guess I'm gauging it on wind speed and thunder and lighting and twisters and stuff.....SA storms definately get a lot heavier rain.

SA definitely gets more rain, and less tornado warnings (but then I was only there a year).

Why wouldn't you just pee in the river? That's where it goes when you pee on the banks anyway.

So you have to have a bunch of small coolers when you tube? That's dumb. all that will encourage is hard liquor consupmtion instead of beer. And what good does the under 5 oz rule do? Get rid of small booze bottles but not big ones?

Never ask questions regarding the logic of liquor-related laws. There isn't any. Case in point - the CU no beer rule. For about 100 years, you could buy 3.2 beer in the stadium. Then, in order to curb "binge" drinking, they stopped selling beer. So now everybody who wants to drink gets roaring ****-faced drunk in the parking lot before the game and shows up 5 minutes after kickoff and then leaves at halftime to go get their drink on again. The amount of alcohol consumed hasn't changed. The only thing that has changed is that CU no longer gets the revenue from beer sales. This, of course, was predicted by a lot of people, but ignored by the nannyists pushing their cause.

Is it Lake Travis or Lake Austin that has the Hula Hut? I like that joint. I miss Chuy's, too.

Lake Austin has the Hula Hut. That place is awesome. This summer it's been tough because with all the rains the lake has been closed a lot, so not as many bikinis at the bar. :cry:

Never ask questions regarding the logic of liquor-related laws. There isn't any. Case in point - the CU no beer rule. For about 100 years, you could buy 3.2 beer in the stadium. Then, in order to curb "binge" drinking, they stopped selling beer. So now everybody who wants to drink gets roaring ****-faced drunk in the parking lot before the game and shows up 5 minutes after kickoff and then leaves at halftime to go get their drink on again. The amount of alcohol consumed hasn't changed. The only thing that has changed is that CU no longer gets the revenue from beer sales. This, of course, was predicted by a lot of people, but ignored by the nannyists pushing their cause.

Hmm. Sounds like our typical home game. Except we don't miss the opening kickoff. sometimes we miss the 2nd half kickoff, though.:cool:

To answer the questions...I'd just returned from a deployment in teh sand so it was the first time I'd drank in 6 months and I was serverely smashed and they pulled my group out for an ID check and when I asked to return to the river they said I had to wait for the group...so Mr. Tree was a great 2nd option. Yeah...the cooler law is stupid. You can have bibles in a 17qt cooler and get up to a $500 ticket...how dumb is that. The 5oz law is to deter jell-o shots that were causing a bunch of liter because a lot of teh ass jacket college kids throw their garbage in the river.

The amount of rain and lightning can be pretty intense in TX. No hail or tornadoes, though.

Tell that to Jarrel. San Antonio and Austin don't get tornadoes, but go further north and there's quite a few.

There was one a couple of years ago that hit downtown Fort Worth. One of the high-rise buildings there had their windows blown out for like 2 years. I don't know why it took that long to fix them.

Back