What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OU fans a little intense already!

Tell that to Jarrel. San Antonio and Austin don't get tornadoes, but go further north and there's quite a few.

There was one a couple of years ago that hit downtown Fort Worth. One of the high-rise buildings there had their windows blown out for like 2 years. I don't know why it took that long to fix them.

True, i was talking about SA, not farther north. I lived in TX when Jarrell got hit. Scary ****.

Doesn't tornado alley start in the DFW area? So it would make sense why Austin and SA don't really get tornados.

Never ask questions regarding the logic of liquor-related laws. There isn't any. Case in point - the CU no beer rule. For about 100 years, you could buy 3.2 beer in the stadium. Then, in order to curb "binge" drinking, they stopped selling beer. So now everybody who wants to drink gets roaring ****-faced drunk in the parking lot before the game and shows up 5 minutes after kickoff and then leaves at halftime to go get their drink on again. The amount of alcohol consumed hasn't changed. The only thing that has changed is that CU no longer gets the revenue from beer sales. This, of course, was predicted by a lot of people, but ignored by the nannyists pushing their cause.

I take exception with your contention that no less alcohol is consumed. With people binging before and during halftime without the constraint of a budget for overpriced 3.2 beer I am willing to bet the consumption is much higher. I was ok with the ban at first but the results have been absolutely counter to the goal. Time to bring it back,

then I will be able to have access to a refill cup.:smile2:

Doesn't tornado alley start in the DFW area? So it would make sense why Austin and SA don't really get tornados.

The alley has long been thrown out. Because of global climate change they are starting to see them all over. I've heard of Watches here but never an actual grounded tornado.

lol wow I can't keep up with you guys on these replies....I keep coming back to my email here at work and I'm getting network security flashings all over "this email is not a registered dod source blah blah blah" lol...I have like 90 million allbuffs emails in my outlook because im notified of every reply. Have a great weekend peoples...Im off to the Enlisted Club to get ****ty!

Last edited:
I take exception with your contention that no less alcohol is consumed. With people binging before and during halftime without the constraint of a budget for overpriced 3.2 beer I am willing to bet the consumption is much higher. I was ok with the ban at first but the results have been absolutely counter to the goal. Time to bring it back,

Don't forget all the bottles of rum or whiskey sneaked into the stadium that are then poured in the overpriced cup of coke you get at the concession stand.

Don't forget all the bottles of rum or whiskey sneaked into the stadium that are then poured in the overpriced cup of coke you get at the concession stand.

Yep, that's what I do! They don't pat down too many 30+ year olds, although they probably should. Sometimes I have my 65 year old dad sneak stuff in for me...:smile2:

Yep, that's what I do! They don't pat down too many 30+ year olds, although they probably should. Sometimes I have my 65 year old dad sneak stuff in for me...:smile2:

The problem is that CU will never admit they were wrong, even though it's obvious that they were. Lots and lots of people told them what would happen if they banned beer sales. They ignored those warnings.

The problem is that CU will never admit they were wrong, even though it's obvious that they were. Lots and lots of people told them what would happen if they banned beer sales. They ignored those warnings.

Of course they did. They weren't banning booze for themselves, just for all the common folk. Do as I say, not as I do at its finest...

The Red River Rivalry is getting started already in bar room brawls. Warning to all male readers, this story has an incredibly high cringe factor:cry:

http://newsok.com/article/3108932/1187842091

****ing Hillbillies! /QUOTE]

what do you mean blackshirts, it was a "bar fight" :lol:

on a more serious note...... once hillbilly throatslash heard of this, he contacted allen beckett to see if there was any chance he would want to play football for ****braksa as they are in dire needs of wide receivers that can catch and hold onto the balls.....:thumbsup:

Last edited:
people who talk about class usually have no class.

Yep, just like the people who want to tell you how wealthy they are usually are just leveraged to the hilt. I have yet to meet a single truly wealthy person who felt the need to tell others how rich he is. I've met plenty who want you to believe they are wealthy, though.

To answer the questions...I'd just returned from a deployment in teh sand so it was the first time I'd drank in 6 months and I was serverely smashed and they pulled my group out for an ID check and when I asked to return to the river they said I had to wait for the group...so Mr. Tree was a great 2nd option. Yeah...the cooler law is stupid. You can have bibles in a 17qt cooler and get up to a $500 ticket...how dumb is that. The 5oz law is to deter jell-o shots that were causing a bunch of liter because a lot of teh ass jacket college kids throw their garbage in the river.

the litter problem here has to be bigger than just the college kids, looking at the scope of it. it is teh suck.

As well you should. Bringing bibles to the Guadalupe is like bringing a firehose to a campfire. Some of us want to enjoy the debauchery. :lol:

:rofl:

The amount of rain and lightning can be pretty intense in TX. No hail or tornadoes, though.

Hell out here in West Texas my 07 Dodge Ram took a friggen pounding from Baseball size Hail. The damndest part is it hailed at night. Although it happens its just uncommon that it does it at night out here. As far as twisters go we don't get that many. Maybe 1 or 2 a year. Just last week our FD and PD had to do 7 swift water rescues. Nothing worse then on a saturday night after the bars close that you get a bunch of dumb ass drunks trying to cross 5 ft of water! :wow:

****ing Hillbillies! /QUOTE]

what do you mean blackshirts, it was a "bar fight" :lol:

on a more serious note...... once hillbilly throatslash heard of this, he contacted allen beckett to see if there was any chance he would want to play football for ****braksa as they are in dire needs of wide receivers that can catch and hold onto the balls.....:thumbsup:

Don't you have a trailor house to move? Or a 75 Pinto to hoist on cinder blocks out in your front yard? :thumbsup:

Says the fusker fan living in west texas who can't spell trailer correctly.

:lol:

Meh....it's merely a misspelling but the point is still there! :thumbsup: However, unlike Sooner fans I can actually count past 10 without having to take my shoes off!

Meh....it's merely a misspelling but the point is still there! :thumbsup: However, unlike Sooner fans I can actually count past 10 without having to take my shoes off!

the sooner fans that i have run into possess all their teeth, all the necessary fingers and tootsies, one is a human calculator, they ALL can spell, and a good number of them are very highly educated. ubt's family makes most overachieving families in america look like slackers. THEY RAWK!

i don't know about each and every okie fan, but i can say for certain that the people in stillwater and norman that i have run into in my adventures in oklahoma are some damn fine people. i would guess, by how squared away that they present as, that they at least know how to spell "trailer," and are not overly baffled when it hails in the middle of the night. they would have a little more meterological savvy stemming from the information about weather that has been highlighted from studies in norman at the cutting-edge research facilities.

there is a wide world out there, fuskers... and most people are more educated than you! :smile2:

the sooner fans that i have run into possess all their teeth, all the necessary fingers and tootsies, one is a human calculator, they ALL can spell, and a good number of them are very highly educated. ubt's family makes most overachieving families in america look like slackers. THEY RAWK!

i don't know about each and every okie fan, but i can say for certain that the people in stillwater and norman that i have run into in my adventures in oklahoma are some damn fine people. i would guess, by how squared away that they present as, that they at least know how to spell "trailer," and are not overly baffled when it hails in the middle of the night. they would have a little more meterological savvy stemming from the information about weather that has been highlighted from studies in norman at the cutting-edge research facilities.

there is a wide world out there, fuskers... and most people are more educated than you! :smile2:

Yeah they are called military members and their families who are stationed at military installations such as Tinker, Altus and Vance who are not from Oklahoma! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

It'a apparent that you didn't read my entire post about what I stated when it came to hailing here at night. Figures.

Last edited by a moderator:
It'a apparent that you didn't read my entire post about what I stated when it came to hailing here at night. Figures.

it does not matter if it hails in hawaii at night. what type of backwater hick has not come to grips with the fact that a number of interesting weather activity - hail and tornadoes included - can happen at night?

even backwater hicks from nebraska should know that, given what happened to grand island in the mid 80s. if you find long grade school novels too much of a challenge, i believe they made "night of the twisters" into a movie. :thumbsup:

Yeah they are called military members and their families who are stationed at military installations such as Tinker, Altus and Vance who are not from Oklahoma! :thumbsup:

amazingly enough, there is room for military service AND higher education. such as his father, who served his time during the warm and then went on to pursue his doctorate.

they do not have to be mutually exclusive. they were not mutually exclusive in my family, either, which embraces both service to country and higher education.

Back