1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OU in full damage control, "P12 flirt was all about leverage"

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Jens1893, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes, of course, you were just using the Pac and never really wanted to leave. Of course.

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Of course, threaten to leave B12-2-1 and go to P12 to get negotiating leverage for reforms to B12-2-1, demand reforms to B12-2-1, have P12 publicly tell you no thanks before you get said reforms. Got it. Makes perfect sense.

I wonder if Bevo has told Boren to let go of his ankles yet?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  3. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

That is exactly what I was thinking. If that's how they negotiate, they suck at negotiating.

4. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

"No, really honey, I was only trying to get this other woman into bed because I love you so much. I was just trying to make our relationship better. Really, I was!"

5. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

OU is in a tough spot. I don't think they really wanted to go to the Pac 12 because of geography issues and they didn't want to touch the SEC. So they have to do whatever they can to try and tame Texas and fix the Big 12. Its a tough assignment.

6. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

If texas would put 1/10th the effort in mending fences that they do pounding their chests it just might happen.

7. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

OU should negotiate the big 12's next TV contract.

8. fatbuff

fatbuff Well-Known Member

There is no way that the Big12-2-1 survives after the last week. It was tenuous before last week, but its over now. This is not going to be an amicable divorce. Reminds me of War of the Roses.

9. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

What is the "source" going to say on Friday when Mizzou is outta there?

10. wsp4820

Shouldn't you be knee-deep in Buckeye lesbos by now?

11. JPinCO

JPinCO VP of Quantified Self Club Member

Full disclosure: re-posted from shaggybevo

:rofl:

12. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Ohio lesbians =/= California lesbians. FaCT!

13. Sock

Sock Club Member Club Member

I think it´s a real shame neither LB nor UBT are here regularly anymore to tell us what *truly* happened and how this is all part of OU´s master plan for world domination. :lol:

14. fervorfactor

fervorfactor Active Member

It will be interesting to hear what 'reforms' are actually made, probably squat ****.

I thought I heard ESPN say something about a Kansas legislature meeting moved up from tomorrow to today regarding conference issues. Any one else catch that? I wonder if BEAST has come a courting.

15. wsp4820

Fat girls need girl love too.

16. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

But they gotta pay.

17. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Tomorrow.

18. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

There is some sentiment down here that Mizzery will stay. I believe the feeling is that the meetings will result in an agreement to equal revenue sharing of tier 1 and 2 tv rights, and a much higher buy-out clause. I'm pretty sure tier 1 is espin (and the contract is up in about a year -- read renegotiation) and tier 2 is FOX, leaving only tier 3 (yes, the bevo banter channel) networks available for individual schools. A conference network would prolly end up on tier 3, but most think bevo won't give up his hay bale, and there may not be enough clout to change that.

I dunno wispy. I kinda think Mizzery's decision could go either way.

19. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

That line has to have worked for someone, somewhere. :lol:

20. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

Maybe, but then they wouldn't be Texas.

21. wsp4820

And, no, we don't accept Milkduds.

22. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

You had a king size bed for that rendezvous Junc... I hope?

23. HolyBuff

HolyBuff Member

hopefully Scott reads that and remembers OU in a few years when they are begging to come to the PAC again. Seems like OU may be burning their bridges with any future relationship with the PAC. **** em!

24. leftybuff

fify.

wsp4820 likes this.
  25. BuffaloSoldier76

BuffaloSoldier76 Unsound Meat Club Member

OU can kiss my ass. They spent the majority of the last 15-16 years burning the bridges of alliance that had been in place for 75+ years prior to the start of the Big 12 conference. They kowtowed to the UTerus' wants and whims at every juncture because the UTerus wanted to move the entirety of the power base to the southern half of the conference. Only now that the power base is shifting a little too far south for their liking are NOW they're raising a red flag and saying things aren't fair. Guess what, buttercup? You reap what the **** you sow. If you spend all this time cultivating the Bevo ego, you're going to have to deal with the ramifications of it running wild when it gets too big for you to handle. I hope they do get their Sooner Network, and I hope it fails just as miserably as the Longhorn Network is right now, then I hope ESPN demands repayment for it and that it bankrupts them. Then they can come back to us in 5 years, kiss Larry Scott's ring, and suck the rest of our dicks in hopes that we'll let them in our league.

But I'm not bitter at all.

Junction likes this.
  26. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

I guess I will play...

Of course I have about as much inside information into the workings of the OU athletic department as anyone else here. I have never gotten the sense that OU had any intention other than trying to do what was best for OU. I think that was the same motivation CU had for leaving the B12 if I recall. Perhaps it is crimson colored glasses I am looking through, but I don't think OU is not a bad conference partner. You may not like to travel to Norman, but it couldn't too much different than Columbus; I'm driving 10 hours to get there.

I think OU has had enough of tu... just like nubs and atm. Their attempt to leave the conference (which I really think they would have done, given the chance) or strengthen the dysfunctional B12-- was and is in their best interest. Personally, as I wrote yesterday, I think the best thing for OU is a strong B12, even if it does mean with ut. But ut will have to, at some point realize that they have to set conditions for an entire conference to succeed. If they want to be the big guy on the block, they will have to ensure they continue to have little skinny kids to pick on.

There is a good reason Oklahoma is so windy... Kansas Blows and Texas SUCKS.

27. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

You don't think for a moment that these "sources" are as reliable as the "sources" have been throughout this entire saga, do you?

The only realignment that has come true over the past few weeks is the realignment that wasn't rumored... SU and Pitt to the ACC. :huh:

28. leftybuff

Generally I have no real animosity towards OU and UT. I am just glad CU got out of the same conference. The idea of having them back in the same conference was annoying. CU has, at times, been competitive with both, but they just have a certain "way" about them, especially the horns. I am far more excited about the opportunities for roadies and Pac 12 amenities than I am about getting away from UT and OU. It was a lot of fun to see them swinging their dicks around, only to have them caught in the slamming door leading to Larry Scott's office.

29. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Maybe Larry Scott made those phone calls and released the "not expanding" statement so he could get some real work done. Close the door, no meetings, no calls in thru the admin assistants, etc.

I dunno, but it seems kinda suspicious to me. I think he's up to something.

30. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Man, OU really used us. I'm sure now that they have zero options and leverage, they'll be getting everything they want.