What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OU, Mizzou & WVa Having Press Conferences Tonight

What happened to the BYU rumors?

And WVU? Really? That seems like a big stretch to me.

Sacky, this is the Big 12. They can´t even agree on what they agreed on. Texas says 10 members is just fine, OU wants 12 .... and now one side is saying the members committed to grant their media rights to the conference for six years, whereas the other is saying they merely agreed on pursuing this further.

Dysfunctional is an understatement.

Now being reported Missouri REJECTED the SEC. You read that right.

I guess this settles the "Who's conference is better" between the PAC and SEC

We reject schools with the history of OU and Texas. Mizzou says no thanks to the SEC....(PS: WTF Mizzou? But thanks)

I guess this settles the "Who's conference is better" between the PAC and SEC

We reject schools with the history of OU and Texas. Mizzou says no thanks to the SEC....(PS: WTF Mizzou? But thanks)

This argument is hollow considering the source.

Now being reported Missouri REJECTED the SEC. You read that right.

I think that Mizzou is confident that it will be able to go to the B1G or Pac on the next go-round if the momentum toward 16 is still there.

Meanwhile, the TTU Board of Regents got some much needed R&R on South Beach.

5093163ol.jpg

If Mizzou did in fact reject the SEC (which just seems insane, but whatever), I have to laugh at the SEC, because here they are, with a screwy 13th conference member, and none of their targeted schools for #14 want to go. Maybe they should re-visit that WVU decision.

If Mizzou did in fact reject the SEC (which just seems insane, but whatever), I have to laugh at the SEC, because here they are, with a screwy 13th conference member, and none of their targeted schools for #14 want to go. Maybe they should re-visit that WVU decision.

Which is one of the reasons I think we'll see A&M back in the B12 before it's all said and done.

The Pac rejected Texas.

Yep. The funny thing too is the delusion of UT fans(not new I know). I was reading over on shaggy how UT wanted to come to the Pac, but were being bullied by Scott. Ok so let me get this straight, Scott has been CRYSTAL clear for months about the fact the the Pac shares ALL revenue equally. UT tried to negotiate(bully) the Pac 12 into making concessions for the LHN. Scott said sorry we don't compromise on this issue, take it or leave it. What a bully!

So I guess OU had a press conference, and announced that the remaining Big 12 members (sans Texas A&M) have all agreed that they will sign over their television rights to the Big 12 conference for a period of 5 or 6 years, which would seem to give the Big 12 some stability. He talked in terms of concreteness -- as though the decisions had already been made and the Big 12 conference is going to continue.

But then within minutes of OU's press conference, I guess Missouri came out with their own press conference, and denied that they had agreed to anything. Apparently there is legitimate interest in Mizzou by the SEC, which Mizzou is now exploring.

I like David Boren. He has been good for Oklahoma (the state) and good for the University of Oklahoma. But he has looked like a complete fool TWICE this week. First, he came out on Monday and pretty much all but guaranteed that Oklahoma and Oklahoma State were going to the Pac-12. Then last night he came out and pretty much all but guaranteed that the Big 12 was going to continue, with all remaining members agreeing to give up their television rights to the conference. Neither were correct.

Wow, Mizzery rejects the SEC? I guess they got a boat load of money and decided it was beter to go head to head with Okie Lite for 3rd in the B12-2-1, than to go head to head with Miss. St for 9th in the SEC....

What a freaking mess. This is no way to run a conference. Seriously. Who, from the Pac 12 has said anything throughout this entire process? Larry Scott, that's who. Bruce Benson answered a question and was quoted, but he never came out and made a statement to the press. Look at what's going on in the Big 12. You have Dodds, Boren, Castiglione, Ken Starr, the Mizzou President and T Boone Pickens all doing separate press conferences. Conspicuously absent from all this was Dan Beebe - who should have been the ONLY one saying anything all along. The Big 12 - showing the rest of the world how not to run a conference since 1996.

Mizzou would get KILLED in the SEC. They'd turn into bottom feeders. IMO.

Mizzou would get KILLED in the SEC. They'd turn into bottom feeders. IMO.

not Vandy/Kentucky bottom feeders....imo, they would be a step above the Mississippi schools and a step below Arkansas with an occasional challenge for the East. more a "challenge" in the standings than an actual challenge, perhaps.

Everybody wants to be a part of the Big XII conference. . .

Unless they have another offer.

Every team in the conference shares one thing in common, they are part of the conference, not because they want to be, but because they are waiting for a better offer. Texas wants to be in the PAC (or the Big 10, or the ACC) but they don't want to go in as an equal member, the Big XII lets them be a big shot instead of an equal. OU wants to be in the PAC but the Big XII lets them be with little brother, KU hasn't had a better offer and again little brother is part of that. Mizzou wants to be in the Big 10 but it isn't mutual so the Big XII is home (currently) The rest of the conference doesn't like how they are treated but their reduced share in the Big XII is much more than an equal share in the MWC or C-USA. Baylor is just happy to have somebody invite them to the meetings. A&M is only a part until the lawyers get the paperwork taken care of.

not Vandy/Kentucky bottom feeders....imo, they would be a step above the Mississippi schools and a step below Arkansas with an occasional challenge for the East. more a "challenge" in the standings than an actual challenge, perhaps.

Right now they'd be a step above Ole Miss and right on par with Mississippi State (how long Mullen stays and their success continues is questionable), I'd say. I still think Ole Miss has more potential than Mizzou, but hard to prove that when it hasn't really showed in like 30 years with the exception of some 9 or 10 win Cotton Bowl years once or twice a decade. I don't think they'd always be in the cellar, but it would be hard to imagine Mizzou ever actually winning the division. Even in a situation like '07 where the stars align and Mizzou is very good and both Bama and Arkansas are down, would they have been able to get over that final hurdle in LSU? Hell no.

Everybody wants to be a part of the Big XII conference. . .

Unless they have another offer.

Every team in the conference shares one thing in common, they are part of the conference, not because they want to be, but because they are waiting for a better offer. Texas wants to be in the PAC (or the Big 10, or the ACC) but they don't want to go in as an equal member, the Big XII lets them be a big shot instead of an equal. OU wants to be in the PAC but the Big XII lets them be with little brother, KU hasn't had a better offer and again little brother is part of that. Mizzou wants to be in the Big 10 but it isn't mutual so the Big XII is home (currently) The rest of the conference doesn't like how they are treated but their reduced share in the Big XII is much more than an equal share in the MWC or C-USA. Baylor is just happy to have somebody invite them to the meetings. A&M is only a part until the lawyers get the paperwork taken care of.

I disagree. Neither OU nor UT really wants to be in the Pac. They only want to be there if they don't have any other alternatives or if their conference partners are pissing them off. The best situation for both of them is a viable Big 12. The problem is that both seem to be doing whatever they can to make the Big 12 non-viable. Especially UT.

I'm not a huge Mizzou fan, but didn't they have 5 first round draft picks in the last 3 years? They don't have any history, but they have done a great job the last 6 years making bowl appearances, getting quality players and putting a competitive product on the field. I don't expect them to win the SEC every year, but I would expect them to not start sucking again.

All I know is I would sleep with Tini's mom if CU could have the record the last 5 years that Mizzou had.

I'm not a huge Mizzou fan, but didn't they have 5 first round draft picks in the last 3 years? They don't have any history, but they have done a great job the last 6 years making bowl appearances, getting quality players and putting a competitive product on the field. I don't expect them to win the SEC every year, but I would expect them to not start sucking again.

All I know is I would sleep with Tini's mom if CU could have the record the last 5 years that Mizzou had.
Gentlemen, this is one committed Buff fan...

These past few years for Missouri have been more of an exception for them.

Missouri in the SEC would be just like adding South Carolina again.

Big state school that puts 70k in the stands no matter that their team is only average to good. Players are good at times, producing solid NFLers but never putting it al together on the field more than once a decade.

Back