What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OU needs the Pac more than the Pac needs them

Alfred91

Chicks dig scars.
Club Member
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

If OU doesn't want to be in the Texas Ten err Nine anymore, that's on them.

They only have two choices, as I can see it (three, I guess, if you count the laughable 'independent' notion): stay in the Texas Nine or go to the Pac-12/14/16. They don't want the SEC (and I don't know if the SEC wants them) and the Big Ten doesn't want them. The idea of OU going to the ACC or Big East is ridiculous. It's not going to happen.

So it's left to the Pac to either accept Boomer or not. OU's not driving the train on the demise of their conference, Larry Scott is. (Don't tell Kenny Starr that.) That means that he doesn't have to acquiesce to a single one of OU's demands. He doesn't have to take T. Boone state, he doesn't have to grab OU now, and he doesn't have to expand to 16 right. this. moment.

OU has very limited options, even though they want the morons south of the Red River to think they have tons.

I'll admit that a large part of me wants the Pac-12 to stand pat for as long as possible, while the Texas Nine slowly dies over the course of 7 or 8 years. But I also believe strongly that acting right now - especially if we take OU and Okie St (and God forbid UT and Tech) - is the wrong move for the conference.

I know that most people will respond to this with "Larry Scott is smarter than you, don't worry about it". And that's fine, because it's true. I just don't want to be looking back on this with the same feeling of disappointment as I have when I think about the stupid mistake to let the SWC refugees into the Big 8.

I have stated this exact thing before (as have some others.) Fact is that the PAC is driving the bus and controlling the tickets. I would prefer to stay with 12. If the revenue potential for each team in the league is increased by growing larger and the league feels the need to do so then any growth should be done from this position of power.

This means if OU wants to come to the PAC that they don't have the power to demand that OSU joins the parade, same with Texas and Tech.

For me a 12 team league is ideal. You get two divisions and a championship game, you get enough cross division games to have a sense of unity and truly be a league. If the PAC decides to expand then the next best deal would be 14 with OU and KU added. This would allow for divisions of 7 teams. Play a 9 game conference schedule with 6 division games and 3 non-division games rotating the non-division opponents each year.

To me OSU and Tech would be negative forces on the league and should be avoided at all cost. Texas brings huge money but frankly I don't want them either.

I have stated this exact thing before (as have some others.) Fact is that the PAC is driving the bus and controlling the tickets. I would prefer to stay with 12. If the revenue potential for each team in the league is increased by growing larger and the league feels the need to do so then any growth should be done from this position of power.

This means if OU wants to come to the PAC that they don't have the power to demand that OSU joins the parade, same with Texas and Tech.

For me a 12 team league is ideal. You get two divisions and a championship game, you get enough cross division games to have a sense of unity and truly be a league. If the PAC decides to expand then the next best deal would be 14 with OU and KU added. This would allow for divisions of 7 teams. Play a 9 game conference schedule with 6 division games and 3 non-division games rotating the non-division opponents each year.

To me OSU and Tech would be negative forces on the league and should be avoided at all cost. Texas brings huge money but frankly I don't want them either.

100% agree. And the ****storm would be incredibly fun to watch.

Back