What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ou - osu

Absolutely not! Every damn play they play that f-ing song and it doesn't matter if it's a play where they lose 2 or 3 yards. Makes no damn sense to me................:sad2:

The Sooners are this >||< close to discovering a new stanza. A few more times, they might master the first verse. :wow:

The Sooners are this >||< close to discovering a new stanza. A few more times, they might master the first verse. :wow:

I seriously almost threw the remote through the TV about the 40th time they played it after a 2 yard gain. Then I remembered the infamous mute button. :thumbsup:

UT - OSU -- UT wins at home 28-24

OU on the road in hostile Stillwater, Bedlam and OU wins 61-41.

We will see, but I think you have to factor in the fact Texas never won a game on the road in a hostile environment like the Bedlam series as OU did.

Sorry UBT, but I really don't see how any comparative opponent argument trumps the fact that UT beat OU on a neutral field.

I think OU is probably the better team right now, but when two teams meet on the field, the result has to mean something. :huh:

Sorry UBT, but I really don't see how any comparative opponent argument trumps the fact that UT beat OU on a neutral field.

I think OU is probably the better team right now, but when two teams meet on the field, the result has to mean something. :huh:

Oh I do too. Thats why Tech's victory over Texas has to mean something, and then OU's victory over Tech. To listen to people discredit the Tech victory over Texas, like Mack Brown did on his phone interview last night with Brent Pusberger, is insane. As Mack and others have said, due to the large margin ov OU's victory over Tech, one has to ignore that game and the Tech - Texas game and just look at the OU/Texas game by itself is total BS. If OU had lost to OSU, Tech would have been the south division winner and only then does the Tech - Texas game matter?? That's total bullpoop....

the results DO mean something. ALL OF THEM. you are trying to apply the rules of a two way tie to a three way round robin tie. you really, really want to do that - and as i said, you have 100% freedom to. i fail to see how you cannot wrap your head around the fact that you have to consider it all, but, i also realize that multiple variables are not for everyone.

texas says they are a better program. yet like tech they are one trick in the fact that colt is carrying that whole team on his shoulders. beyond being one trick, they have not played as many ranked teams as ou has, they have not beat a conference champion as ou has (tho it may pan out that they did, in the end). they have not been as productive or consistent on the field as ou has. nor have they scored NEAR as many points against common opponents as ou has. in what metric do they think they are better? even their colors are uglier and their crotch tight erkel band pants with the squiggly stripe is worse. :smile2: i am stretching to find one thing that has to do with the course of a college football game that texas excels at this year.

but you say texas is better. allright. it is good to be one of the few.

Oh I do too. Thats why Tech's victory over Texas has to mean something, and then OU's victory over Tech. To listen to people discredit the Tech victory over Texas, like Mack Brown did on his phone interview last night with Brent Pusberger, is insane. As Mack and others have said, due to the large margin ov OU's victory over Tech, one has to ignore that game and the Tech - Texas game and just look at the OU/Texas game by itself is total BS. If OU had lost to OSU, Tech would have been the south division winner and only then does the Tech - Texas game matter?? That's total bullpoop....

the results DO mean something. ALL OF THEM. you are trying to apply the rules of a two way tie to a three way round robin tie. you really, really want to do that - and as i said, you have 100% freedom to. i fail to see how you cannot wrap your head around the fact that you have to consider it all, but, i also realize that multiple variables are not for everyone.

texas says they are a better program. yet like tech they are one trick in the fact that colt is carrying that whole team on his shoulders. beyond being one trick, they have not played as many ranked teams as ou has, they have not beat a conference champion as ou has (tho it may pan out that they did, in the end). they have not been as productive or consistent on the field as ou has. nor have they scored NEAR as many points against common opponents as ou has. in what metric do they think they are better? even their colors are uglier and their crotch tight erkel band pants with the squiggly stripe is worse. :smile2: i am stretching to find one thing that has to do with the course of a college football game that texas excels at this year.

but you say texas is better. allright. it is good to be one of the few.

Actually, I said OU is better right now, but it's your story, tell it how you want to hear it. :lol:

Just doesn't make sense to me, I guess... Texas BEAT OU on a neutral field. You both choose to focus on what happened against Tech and Okie Lite, because those results favor the Sooners. One can just as easily choose to focus on what happened against Texass and conclude that Tech should advance over OU. An outcome that clearly makes no sense. In the big picture, Tech falls out of the race due to having won very thin against UT and having been thrashed by OU. This is clearly a choice between OU and UT at this point. And yes, in that case, that game is THE result that matters to me. Just my opinion, of course, and I can certainly understand why the two of you have a differing take on the subject.

That said, you really can't go wrong with either OU or UT in the CCG. Hell, a rematch would make a pretty worthy MNC game in my opinion. It's not like I'm going to get chuffed whichever way it comes out. I'll be rooting for either team to take the Tiggers to the woodshed.

:lol:

What Texas team have you been watching all year? One trick? Seriously? I understand you think Oklahoma is great, but Texas is great too. They are not just Colt McCoy.

:lol:

What Texas team have you been watching all year? One trick? Seriously? I understand you think Oklahoma is great, but Texas is great too. They are not just Colt McCoy.

on offense I would have to say they are a one trick pony, without Colt Texas would have beeb pressed to win 7-8 games... case in point is UT's great running game they have...... when their starting QB (Colt) leads the team in rushing due to QB scrambles... that says a lot about their about their running game and being more than a one trick pony....

on offense I would have to say they are a one trick pony, without Colt Texas would have beeb pressed to win 7-8 games... case in point is UT's great running game they have...... when their starting QB (Colt) leads the team in rushing due to QB scrambles... that says a lot about their about their running game and being more than a one trick pony....
I don't give a **** that they are a one trick poney. They are what they are, and that is a bad ass team. There are lots of good arguments to make, but this one is probably one of the worst you can make. Where the hell would OU be without Bradford? Probably 8 wins.

otoh, I think its perfectly ok to send OU to the Big XII championship game. Their cause is at least as good as UT's, and probably a little better. just that argument sucks balls.

I don't give a **** that they are a one trick poney. They are what they are, and that is a bad ass team. There are lots of good arguments to make, but this one is probably one of the worst you can make. Where the hell would OU be without Bradford? Probably 8 wins.

otoh, I think its perfectly ok to send OU to the Big XII championship game. Their cause is at least as good as UT's, and probably a little better. just that argument sucks balls.

notice I didnt say anything about their defense or special teams, I was strictly talking offense, and the fact that Colt makes it all happen either running or throwing the ball. I like their defense, its probably the best in the league overall, and their special teams is pretty darn good....

without Sam bradford, Ou would still have their running game and passing game intact... just that Joey Hazle would be slinging the ball, not Sam....:thumbsup:

notice I didnt say anything about their defense or special teams, I was strictly talking offense, and the fact that Colt makes it all happen either running or throwing the ball. I like their defense, its probably the best in the league overall, and their special teams is pretty darn good....

without Sam bradford, Ou would still have their running game and passing game intact... just that Joey Hazle would be slinging the ball, not Sam....:thumbsup:
you can't plug in anybody behind the jedi master/future NFLer that is Bradford and expect anywhere near the same results...

Without Bradford, there is no way that team averages over 40 ppg. or even 30 probably.

Here is an interesting stat for you Snowbuff..... OU's 3rd string tailback has 349 yards rushing this year... Moses Madu is his name.... The Texas RB with the most yardage for the has only 379 yards and that is Vontrose McGee. McCoy leads the team with 579 yards rushing.....

Ok no one else has mentioned this so I will..... but did anyone notice how many Cowboy players were experiencing leg cramps last night? Then sit or lay on the field for 3-4 minutes only to get up and walk off the field without any problems, the return a play later without any signs of cramping. It seemed, especially in the 4th quarter, that each OU drive had at least 2 stoppages due to leg cramps by the OSU players, or some other injury. Seemed like Mike Gundy was trying to get as much rest for his players as he could without having to call timeouts.... or to try to stop OU's momentum.....

Here is an interesting stat for you Snowbuff..... OU's 3rd string tailback has 349 yards rushing this year... Moses Madu is his name.... The Texas RB with the most yardage for the has only 379 yards and that is Vontrose McGee. McCoy leads the team with 579 yards rushing.....
doesn't matter though. You take the teams as they are when you judge them. Not "if they were missing x player".

Back