1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ouch - Kentucky goes down to Robert Morris

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Darth Snow, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

:lol:

2. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

Is that just one dude or some crappy team I don't know about. Either way, pretty bad.

3. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

One and done.

OUBuff likes this.
  4. ZKobalt

ZKobalt Well-Known Member

No one on Kentucky gives a **** :lol: They've been playing without any fight in them for the whole year so this result doesn't surprise me.

5. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Kentucky just is not good this year. As soon as that got put on the road due to Rupp being in use, it was the biggest game in Robert Morris history. I think we all saw where it was headed from there.

6. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

So, where does R-M play their next game...? Rupp?

Edit: Had to go look at how they did the venue selection again. It has been so long since CU had to go NIT I forgot (written in my most elitist tone possible). I was confused because I heard reports that they would be able to play the 2nd round at Rupp... I guess more than just UK was anticipating a win tonight. :lol:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  7. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

And the last thing they wanted was to be playing in the NIT. This is a program that thinks they have a birthright to play in the NCAAs. Didn't see the whole game but the part I saw looked like Kentucky didn't care. They almost seemed like losing wasn't a big deal to them in this tourney.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  8. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

Calipari is clearly a big believer in the one-and-done concept...and I'm not just talking about his recruiting strategy!

cubuffs85 likes this.
  9. L Buff

L Buff Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left Club Member

Just curious as to what "use" Rupp was put to in lieu of a Kentucky b-ball game? Concert? Unlikely on a Tuesday. Another athletic event? HS basketball perhaps? Also unlikely on a Tuesday.

To me it just exhibits the arrogance of programs like UK's that they wouldn't even consider that they wouldn't be in the NCAA's as a defending champ and just might want to have Rupp available as a potential NIT venue. Good riddance to them.

10. CVilleBuff

Preparing for the Dance (hosting games these two rounds)

11. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Worse for the UK people, Louisville will be one of the teams playing on UK's floor... :lol:

12. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

To play devil's advocate here (and as a committed Kentucky hater, this is tough for me to do)...while the arena itself may have been vacant, I would imagine that UK Athletics, as the host of the Tournament games later this week, knew they would be quite busy this week preparing to host those games, and they couldn't spare the athletics manpower to implement all the logistics of hosting an NIT game...hence, they didn't submit a bid in the first place because they knew it would be logistically impossible for them to host...

13. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

14. Darth Snow

holy ****.

[tweet]314195072679804928[/tweet]
    [tweet]314194946024423424[/tweet]

15. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

He bought his ticket (one and done players) he knew what he was getting into, I say, let him crash.

16. BuffsNYC

BuffsNYC Uptown Club Member

In other news, DU beat Ohio tonight in Denver and plays at Maryland in the next round. I don't like them to beat Maryland, but hope I get to see them in NYC.

17. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

SF Austin up 6 over Furd with 9:00 left in the first. Come on SF Austin.

18. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Kentucky had a bunch of guys biding time until they could enter the draft, apparently. Coach Cal did not have a fun year. And with guys like that, there was no way in hell they were motivated to play a NIT game... let alone risk injury by playing in several of them.

19. Darth Snow

despite that, only one guy said he's leaving...

20. Buffnik

In addition to Norlens?

21. Gold

Gold Well-Known Member

Kentucky wouldn't even appreciated it had they won, where as this is the biggest win in Robert Morris history. Good start to the post-season.

22. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I don't know if it would've been logistically possible given how extensive the setup is for NCAA tournament games nowadays especially with the NCAA games in Lexington being played on Thursday. They may have even had team practices scheduled for Tuesday, but certainly on Wednesday. Sure, I realize that arenas all around the country go from basketball to hockey to concerts from one day to the next, but the NCAA not only has special floors for all the venues they also add extra press seats as well as pretty up the arena with all their banners and stuff.

23. BuffHerd

BuffHerd Club Member Club Member

Lol. UK, crash and burn. Maybe with yet another top recruiting class they will see round two of the NIT. Clear absence of coaching and leadership this year.

24. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Enjoy it this year everyone, lord knows I am, because next year they're going to be national champs again. That team is LOADED.

25. Buffnik

One of their fans told me they're signing 5 McDonald's All-Americans this year. I don't think anyone has ever signed more than 3 before.

26. BuffHerd

BuffHerd Club Member Club Member

Which means they will need to sign five more the following year, right? Ridiculous recruiting streak for Kentucky.

27. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

The Harrison twins are both top 5 players in the nation. James Young is #10 overall according to Rivals. Dakari Johnson is #13. Marcus Lee is #18. The scary thing is that they're still in it for the #1 (Andrew Wiggins) and #2 (Julius Randle) players in the nation.

No hyperbole, Kentucky might go undefeated next year.

28. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

Robert Morris Basketball wiki page from last night:

[​IMG]

29. CVilleBuff

I'm personally fine with Kentucky winning it all. Kentucky as a bulwark against Ferret and Crybaby Roy getting additional national championships is perfectly okay in my book.

30. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

Staples Center has hosted "doubleheaders" with the Lakers/Clippers both participating. Verizon has done a 12 PM GTown game and 7 PM Wizards game somewhat frequently.

Maryland is playing a home NIT game on Thursday then hosting the women's tourney on Saturday. There was a lot of debate that Maryland might have to travel to the second round because of this. I don't remember if the women use a special court like the men do for the tournament especially the early rounds at home.

On a different topic -- I hate the generic courts -- I like to know where it is.