What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Our chances in conference play

We have to get better pressure on the QB. Our secondary is not the strength I thought it was prior to the season.
The Frohnapfel/Sharpe sharp combo is as good a QB/tandem we will see all year...even in conference play. Regardless of the coverage they were going to get their yards. Some of those throws/catches were undefendable. Too bad UMASS is only a two man team.

A handful of Pac squads are definitely having issues, but the two weakest opponents are still on the road where we suck until proven otherwise. Yesterday was encouraging, but we'd need to handle CSU by a comfortable margin for me to consider more than about 1 win in Pac play.

eh, OSU and Wazzu look ****ty so that's a plus. Stanford's offense blows, but they'll probably pick it up as the season goes on. Haven't seen Arizona play. Not much has really changed for me.

Based on the performance of the Pac 12 so far, do you think our chances of winning more than a couple of conference games has improved?
If we can run consistently, we have good chances against most teams. If they stop the run, we're screwed. We can't pass protect and Sefo has taken a step back this year.

I'm a little encouraged. But I'm not going to get too hopeful until I see some consistency and, definitely, a win next weekend.

I haven't really wavered from my prediction of 2-3 conference wins. Still need a larger sample size for both us and our opponents.

At Hawaii, and then we recovered and beat a team by 34.

OSU has no offense. They had a hell of a time scoring against Weber State and couldn't outside of their first drive against Michigan, who isn't a good team.

WSU was 31 point favorites and lost to a FCS team, and needed Rtugers to have 7 starters suspended to beat them.

Stanford got gashed by the run against Northwestern. Arizona is less than impressive without Wright on D. Utah is already down a QB and I'm not sure Booker can stand up to a whole season of getting the ball handed to him.

The point is I don't think the schedule is nearly as daunting now two weeks in as it was before the season.

He has some legitimately good points.

Hawaii might not be all that bad. They were in it for most of the game on the road against the #1 team in the country. Wasn't until the 4th until Ohio State pulled away

Final score was 38-0 and OSU played that Monday and Hawaii played Thursday.

They certainly had issues early on, but a shutout is always impressive.

Well we aren't' in Barzil so....I'll stick with the good. The OL wore down the UMass D and dominated. Run game clicked because of it. The D solidified and it was a great win.

I saw a couple of things that were pretty concerning. I think 4, maybe 5 W's is the ceiling.

Back