What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Our offense just got a lot better.

No. Completey different players. Unless you mean they are both white.
Yeah, McCaffrey is a much more explosive, quick burst athlete that can take it the distance anytime, anywhere. Bish has pretty good speed, but his size and power is what makes him a much different player than McCaffrey. CMac is pretty slippery, and it allows him to break tackles, whereas Bish just trucks kids and keeps going.

McCaffery has a sixth sense about where a hole will be. His vision and football IQ are sick. It doesn't hurt that he is an incredible athlete to boot. Guys like that don't come along that often.

Adkins has the best overall package of any running back we have. If he's healthy, he's #1. Put me in the camp that doesn't think Bisharat plays running back in college. Not fast or quick enough IMO. Good, strong runner, but I think his future is best suited at LB or H-Back.
Agree with Adkins skillset. I think he's a PAC12 running back but maybe an NFL LB or H-Back. I'm more optimistic than you.

ugh.. Phrasing! Not sure what film you watched but Bisharat seemed to run away from plenty of people. Plus I think the biggest help he will provide will be reduction of negative plays. He's always falling forward. I think we see far more 2nd and 5s and less 2nd and 11s. That changes an offense
He was running away from guys in Northern California, not Florida.... He was also flat out caught from behind.

That concept of power is a fantasy at this level. The Heisman winner was shut down at Alabama when there were no holes to run thru. He wasn't getting 6 yards when there was none to get.

Adkins has the best overall package of any running back we have. If he's healthy, he's #1. Put me in the camp that doesn't think Bisharat plays running back in college. Not fast or quick enough IMO. Good, strong runner, but I think his future is best suited at LB or H-Back.

Watching Adkins play when he is healthy is exciting, the guy just looks like a P5 RB.

Based on his history though counting on him to carry the load is a huge mistake. RBs get hurt, they get ankle sprains, sore shoulders, sore ribs, etc. Adkins has shown that he doesn't play through those so far in his career.

He may be spectacular but that doesn't help you when he is on the sidelines in sweats.

If Bisharat doesn't play RB it is because someone else like Carr has stepped up and taken the job. What I saw on the highlights from Bisharat looks like a guy who could be the best RB we have on the team from day one.

A lot of people here have also counted Julmisse out of the RB race before he ever gets here. Lets see what he and the coaches think about that first.

RANK NAME ALL PURPOSE YDS YPG
1 Christian McCaffrey 3,864 276
2 Tyler Ervin 2,637 203
3 Leonard Fournette 2,206 184

Yeah - not very often. Pretty amazed he didn't win the Heisman.

RANK NAME ALL PURPOSE YDS YPG
1 Christian McCaffrey 3,864 276
2 Tyler Ervin 2,637 203
3 Leonard Fournette 2,206 184

Yeah - not very often. Pretty amazed he didn't win the Heisman.
Not winning was a joke. That will be rectified this year barring injury. I hope.

Agree with the above. If Bisharat had his size and strength with Cmac's skill set he would have been a top 10 player in this class. He's looks to be the closest thing to awesome that we have signed in a while, but he isn't close to a top 50 guy even.

Not winning was a joke. That will be rectified this year barring injury. I hope.
Maybe. The problem he's going to face next year is that he probably won't be reproducing those statistics, so it'll be looked at as a lesser season than 2015... Unless he carries Stanford to the Playoff.

Agree with the above. If Bisharat had his size and strength with Cmac's skill set he would have been a top 10 player in this class. He's looks to be the closest thing to awesome that we have signed in a while, but he isn't close to a top 50 guy even.
I'm ok with taking a top 250 player.

Maybe. The problem he's going to face next year is that he probably won't be reproducing those statistics, so it'll be looked at as a lesser season than 2015... Unless he carries Stanford to the Playoff.

Bolded the key. With Stanford's early loss, they weren't on most voter's radar. They need to sweep the OOC and win the Pac12 North for him to have a chance regardless of stats. I do think he should have won it this year, but I never really watched Alabama so I'm the reverse case from most of the media with a vote.

Bolded the key. With Stanford's early loss, they weren't on most voter's radar. They need to sweep the OOC and win the Pac12 North for him to have a chance regardless of stats. I do think he should have won it this year, but I never really watched Alabama so I'm the reverse case from most of the media with a vote.
Henry is a typical Alabama running back. Not really spectacular, but he put up numbers because he has amazing talent around him, plus his coach ran him into the ground despite having several good back ups.

Yep. Highly possible.

It would be hard to reproduce those statistics but it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't relatively close.

Stanford loses Hogan which will hurt but they weren't a heavily QB oriented offense to start with, McCaffrey will get a lot of touches again barring injury. Teams will focus on him but teams were focused on him last year and it didn't seem to bother him a great deal.

This upcoming season he will be coming into the Heisman race as the leader, much higher profile than last year. It should be his to lose. I would be shocked if Stanford doesn't have a dominating line in front of him and at least some other threats to force some of the defensive attention away from him.

Trophy should be his to lose unless Stanford falls apart as a team.

I would be shocked if Stanford doesn't have a dominating line in front of him and at least some other threats to force some of the defensive attention away from him.

Trophy should be his to lose unless Stanford falls apart as a team.
Every single member of Stanford's starting OL is eligible to return next year. The only question is how many leave early for the draft.

Every single member of Stanford's starting OL is eligible to return next year. The only question is how many leave early for the draft.

They have also been recruiting well and have a history of developing linemen. If some of those guys do leave they will have quality players who have already played as back-ups ready to step in.

They have also been recruiting well and have a history of developing linemen. If some of those guys do leave they will have quality players who have already played as back-ups ready to step in.
So we're the anti-Stanford.

I was pretty excited this morning when I thought about all the talent we'll have in the Fall that's yet to step on campus.

Offense will look completely different out there with Davis Webb, Juwann Winfree, Beau B, Kabion Ento, and Julmisse and Johnny Huntley. Throw all of these guys in a fast-paced Air-Raid style offense and we might be really fun to watch.

On D adding Drew Lewis will be huge and perhaps another safety.

Getting excited.

I was pretty excited this morning when I thought about all the talent we'll have in the Fall that's yet to step on campus.

Offense will look completely different out there with Davis Webb, Juwann Winfree, Beau B, Kabion Ento, and Julmisse and Johnny Huntley. Throw all of these guys in a fast-paced Air-Raid style offense and we might be really fun to watch.

Getting excited.
Pretty sure we already signed a juco safety (though it sounds like we're looking to add one more, too).

Getting excited.
Don't forget getting Tupou back on the DL, and having a bigger, healthier Gillam returning. There is no room for injuries on defense, but the projected starting lineup should be a solid group, IMO.

Henry is a typical Alabama running back. Not really spectacular, but he put up numbers because he has amazing talent around him, plus his coach ran him into the ground despite having several good back ups.

I don't see that. They've put a couple of short, chunky guys into the league lately. Henry is 6'3", 240 and sculpted. North/South runner, but runs a little high.

Last edited:
kool_aid_man.jpg

Back