What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Our offensive problems in a nutshell.... Ringo nails it

The staff desperately needed to bring in some WR talent in their first year, as the cupboard was bare. They wiffed by getting Spruce, McCullough and Vincent. They REALLY needed to get speedy types in here (at least 2 if not 4 guys). Yes Vincent is gone, but attrition happens. Get numbers.

Last year we got 3 and we should have gotten more given one guy was sure to grayshirt and not contributed after blowing his ACL late in the HS season.

G. Thomas is the only guy we have right now that is electric, but as Syko points out, we can't seem to get the ball to him other than via handoff and screens.

WHY is that? The coaches are dumb?

I watched GT on about 8 pass plays when he was in there. He may be fast, but he is NEVER open the way Spruce is. So, I question his route-running. However, with that said, how about we put in those PICK plays the other schools run all day long? Design some pick plays to rub off the man coverage and allow this guy to get 1 vs 1 in some space. If we don't figure out a way to get him in space, we are playing into the defenses hands.

As for the OP, I probably should have stated this is a big part of the problem, but obviously, it's not the only problem. But I do believe that PERSONNEL is a bigger problem than the position coaching. Gus Malzahn would be putting up 30 points a game with this personnel.
i tend to disagree on what you said that GT is not getting open but i do agree with is that the coaching staff just dont know how to use him .......if GT was at Ohio St. in an Urban Meyers Offense i bet they would know how to use him ......ie Percy Harvin.......get this kid the damn ball!

I wanted to believe in the NFL experience of this staff, but I conclude the same I concluded about GB when he was running the WCO with Shortbus and JK....it only works if you have superior talent (i.e. U$C), but then again so does any O with superior talent. Snydley for instance, has not superior talent, but has a simple scheme college players can implement under the current practice time restrictions. The WCO at the college level just is too complicated to implement effectively at the college level. Dink and dunk is too susceptible to the load the box, bring the heat strategy we have been watching every DC for the last seven years use with great effect against CU.....plus dink and dunk requires near perfect execution which college level players have a lot of difficulty mastering. The 10 minute 13 play drive sounds great but rarely works out in CFB.

Back