What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Our practices are a disaster

Remember when Barnett was quoted as saying, "They don't know how to practice yet". This stuns me with the number of NFL coaches we have. You don't get to the League without knowing how to practice.
Great observation. I was wondering what he meant at the time, but now it's pretty clear.

I'm just amazed we practice, you'd think watching the games that we never practiced at all

dal ward buff couldnt be more wrong.

Seems ther are multiple sources confirming that there are issues with the practice routine taking place in Boulder. What do you offer as support to your statement? I am interested and not flaming. I have not been invited into the practices so all I have to go on is what is reported. The lack of progress on the field does indicate there is a lack of preparation, no?

Seems ther are multiple sources confirming that there are issues with the practice routine taking place in Boulder. What do you offer as support to your statement? I am interested and not flaming. I have not been invited into the practices so all I have to go on is what is reported. The lack of progress on the field does indicate there is a lack of preparation, no?

I think there's a "chicken and egg" thing going on here. We definitely have players who have checked out. We have younger players who are responding to this in a bad way and following along as if this is just the culture here.

It may be that the coaches lost the team (or at least important elements of it) and that's what is making the practices look disjointed rather than disjointed practices causing problems.

When I did attend a practice, I thought it was well-organized and crisply conducted. But that was before this season got under way.

I think there's a "chicken and egg" thing going on here. We definitely have players who have checked out. We have younger players who are responding to this in a bad way and following along as if this is just the culture here.

It may be that the coaches lost the team (or at least important elements of it) and that's what is making the practices look disjointed rather than disjointed practices causing problems.

When I did attend a practice, I thought it was well-organized and crisply conducted. But that was before this season got under way.

Understand but whether the coaches have lost the team, divided the locker room or they just do not know how to game plan, there are major issues with how this team is prepared on game days. I understand the team is fragile now and turtles the minute they get behind or something goes wrong, but they are not even close to knowing where they should be or where they should go once the ball is snapped.

call it practice, preparation or whatever but this is now on the coaches. They are failures. Nik I know you are not defending them but something is wrong with the practice routines for the team to be this bad.

Why re-invent the wheel? Just do what this guy does. Coach like him. Run practice like him. There are no secrets: details, fundamentals, repetition, relentlessness. GRIND!

snyder1g-for-blog.jpg

This is what I don't get. All reports from last year were positive when practices were open. Now the coaches can't conduct practice? That's hard to believe. I also find it hard to believe that Embree no longer cares. He cares too much about CU to be mentally checked out. That's why the team's horrific game day performances are so shocking to me.

This is what I don't get. All reports from last year were positive when practices were open. Now the coaches can't conduct practice? That's hard to believe. I also find it hard to believe that Embree no longer cares. He cares too much about CU to be mentally checked out. That's why the team's horrific game day performances are so shocking to me.

I have absolutely no question in my mind that Embree is not checked out, nor has he given up. He isn't that kind of guy. He bleeds black and gold and has never been a quiter.

At the same time he looks to be completely spinning his wheels, he has tried everything he knows and it has only gotten worse. The louder he yells, the less they listen, the more like a pro team he tries to make it the more like a jr. high team it gets.

I have to be honest in saying that I haven't seen a minute of the last two disasters, no Buff football down here, but before I left I was seeing a complete look of exasperation and frustration on his face. He looked like a guy who just found out the cancer had spread and there was nothing he could do about it but wait for the painful end. Out of desperation he will try some unproven miracle cures or go back to trying to push those that have failed even further with faint hope that something will change.

He reportedly was a very good NFL position coach, in line for an eventual NFL coordinator position. That doesn't mean he knows how to handle college players. His most notable college experience was at UCLA with a staff that tried to run things like an NFL team and failed as well.

told you dal ward buff couldnt be more wrong.

I'd be interested to hear more than just a one liner as well, what is going on at practice then that is stunting the development of the team? As I confirmed early in the thread I have heard similar things about the state of our practices. Add to that the rumors about a divided locker room, and the fact that in successive years the staff has had to talk some of our most talented players out of quitting and you have to begin to wonder what is going on.

Well considering practice was scheduled to start 5 minutes before you made this post you are either posting from practice, practice is cancelled, practices arent starting on time, or you are lying.

5 minutes late to practice to send a message via phone to message board sounds like it would fit into the original description of how things are going.

:lol:

5 minutes late to practice to send a message via phone to message board sounds like it would fit into the original description of how things are going.

:lol:

he probably had to run back to Dal Ward because some forgot to grab the MC Hammer cds for practice today.

Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop! Make it stop!

Were so ****ed.

Rep.

Well considering practice was scheduled to start 5 minutes before you made this post you are either posting from practice, practice is cancelled, practices arent starting on time, or you are lying.
If I am 5 minutes early to something, first thing I do is pick up my cell phone and hit Google Reader, then All Buffs. Being at practice and posting is not mutually exclusive.

If I am 5 minutes early to something, first thing I do is pick up my cell phone and hit Google Reader, then All Buffs. Being at practice and posting is not mutually exclusive.

I think that's kind of what people have been getting at in this thread....

Little do you know Practice starts at 345 on thursdays, not the usual 245 that it was changed to after daylight savings.
jokes on you

Dal Ward Buff - what BS. We are supposed to believe this staff can't conduct a productive practice because you say so? Hey genius - With all your football background, maybe we can enlighten us on what would constitute a good practice?

Back