What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Our role in this whole thing....

Buff fanatic

I thought I'd offer a different take since everyone else is weighing in. Most everyone agrees that Dan Hawkins is to blame for this whole mess, Hawkins is brain dead, the program is dead forever, we will be everyone's homecoming opponent due to our ineptness, Baylor and CSU will destroy us, we will be lucky to win 2 games,Hagan should be murdered (????), etc. It does not matter if the thread is about sunshine, rainbows and hummingbirds- Dan Hawkins (or more accurately, Hackins or juicebox) being retarded or CU football's non-existent future will be referenced somehow.
I can say for a fact that recruits, parents and current players do read this site. I dont know any recruits or their parents, but, I can tell you that if CU wouldve recruited me, or anyone else with a message board for that matter :lol:, Id have been all over it. My best friend was recruited to play for several D1 schools and ended up at Missouri. You better believe he was all over the school's athetics message boards. I know of current players, for a fact, that DO read this site. Matt has validated the same thing.
I can already see what direction this thread will take. I'll be called a sunshine pumper, Hawk apologist, biased b/c of a friendship I have, etc, etc, etc. Regardless of friendships with any of Hawkin's family members, or my views of Dan Hawkins as a person, ive stated several times I believe change was what was best. No doubt about that. Still believe it. It didnt happen, however, and I dont think Hawkins forgot how to coach. The man is pulling and prodding and trying everything in his power. He doesnt accept defeat. He's been defeated alot, no doubt, but he's doing everything in his power to not be. Is he in over his head? Certainly looks that way today. Am I certain he wont turn this around? No, Im defintly not certain. I am, however, certain that every thread in a Buffs message board that is negative and insulting does NOTHING to help the program. Limit the insults and negativity guys. It doesnt have to be every thread. Maybe go find the other 3,000 threads where a Juicebox joke is made add your new punchline there.
We're so quick to blame Hawkins and Bohn and Hagan and everyone else for Mister Jones. Maybe he or his family read allbuffs.:wow::confused:

I thought I'd offer a different take since everyone else is weighing in. Most everyone agrees that Dan Hawkins is to blame for this whole mess, Hawkins is brain dead, the program is dead forever, we will be everyone's homecoming opponent due to our ineptness, Baylor and CSU will destroy us, we will be lucky to win 2 games,Hagan should be murdered (????), etc. It does not matter if the thread is about sunshine, rainbows and hummingbirds- Dan Hawkins (or more accurately, Hackins or juicebox) being retarded or CU football's non-existent future will be referenced somehow.
I can say for a fact that recruits, parents and current players do read this site. I dont know any recruits or their parents, but, I can tell you that if CU wouldve recruited me, or anyone else with a message board for that matter :lol:, Id have been all over it. My best friend was recruited to play for several D1 schools and ended up at Missouri. You better believe he was all over the school's athetics message boards. I know of current players, for a fact, that DO read this site. Matt has validated the same thing.
I can already see what direction this thread will take. I'll be called a sunshine pumper, Hawk apologist, biased b/c of a friendship I have, etc, etc, etc. Regardless of friendships with any of Hawkin's family members, or my views of Dan Hawkins as a person, ive stated several times I believe change was what was best. No doubt about that. Still believe it. It didnt happen, however, and I dont think Hawkins forgot how to coach. The man is pulling and prodding and trying everything in his power. He doesnt accept defeat. He's been defeated alot, no doubt, but he's doing everything in his power to not be. Is he in over his head? Certainly looks that way today. Am I certain he wont turn this around? No, Im defintly not certain. I am, however, certain that every thread in a Buffs message board that is negative and insulting does NOTHING to help the program. Limit the insults and negativity guys. It doesnt have to be every thread. Maybe go find the other 3,000 threads where a Juicebox joke is made add your new punchline there.
We're so quick to blame Hawkins and Bohn and Hagan and everyone else for Mister Jones. Maybe he or his family read allbuffs.:wow::confused:

**** You sunshine pumper. You sound like a lackey for the AD posting on this board. :lol:

Here is the thing though, everything you stated sounds very nice. But what has Hawkins done since the season ended to make this team better? Has he made any changes to the coaching staff? Brown left on his own accord and the Ambrose move has been in the works for months. So while you may feel super confident in the fact that Hawkins is really trying hard to improve this team for next season, the rhetoric does not match the results.

Here is the thing though, everything you stated sounds very nice. But what has Hawkins done since the season ended to make this team better? Has he made any changes to the coaching staff? Brown left on his own accord and the Ambrose move has been in the works for months. So while you may feel super confident in the fact that Hawkins is really trying hard to improve this team for next season, the rhetoric does not match the results.

bingo..

If Hawkins did the right thing like fire 5 of his assistants there wouldn't be as much negativity as there is now..

I'm sick of being Charlie Brown.... Every time I see a glimmer of hope in this program, the ball is pulled away and we as fans look like a bunch of clowns.. We are tired of it.. We are sick of the losing.. We are sick of the dopey one-liners, We are sick of having no identity, we are sick of being pummeled by our rivals, we are sick of being a complete joke. Trying hard doesn't cut it..

[video=youtube;BTUy_mlpgy4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTUy_mlpgy4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTUy_mlpgy4[/video]

bingo..

If Hawkins did the right thing like fire 5 of his assistants there wouldn't be as much negativity as there is now..

I'm sick of being Charlie Brown.... Every time I see a glimmer of hope in this program, the ball is pulled away and we as fans look like a bunch of clowns.. We are tired of it.. We are sick of the losing.. We are sick of the dopey one-liners, We are sick of having no identity, we are sick of being pummeled by our rivals, we are sick of being a complete joke. Trying hard doesn't cut it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTUy_mlpgy4

And do you think you're helping?? Honest question. I'd say the answer is a very obvious no. I truley believe this board is HURTING in recruiting, not helping. That says nothing of Dan Hawkins being a joke, I get that everyone here believes that. These posts help nothing.

And Buff fanatic ignores the post that raises legitimate issues about Hawkins... shocking.

And do you think you're helping?? Honest question. I'd say the answer is a very obvious no. I truley believe this board is HURTING in recruiting, not helping. That says nothing of Dan Hawkins being a joke, I get that everyone here believes that. These posts help nothing.

Cool.. Now I'm to blame for Talkins lack of recruiting and I'm not even on the payroll!!! :lol:

Sorry guys, I lost Mister Jones for the program.. Go ahead and neg rep me. :rolleyes:

And you think your posts do anything? They don't do ****.

Actually, if they hurt recruiting, then they hurt Hawkins and make it more likely he will be gone, which, the sooner, the better.

And Buff fanatic ignores the post that raises legitimate issues about Hawkins... shocking.

I'm not ignoring, sorry. I didnt know your post neccesarily justified a response from me. Very good post though, and legit concern. I dont know what Dan Hawkins thinking is regarding assistant coach's. Really dont. I can tell you he wants CU to win next year worse than we do. If he doenst make staff changes, its because he believes that is whats for the best in the long run. As fans, we ALWAYS want change when somethings wrong. Thats the easy answer, but, Im not sure its always the right one. We'll see. (pun intended) Our bowl plans are riding on the success of these assistants. Hawk's career is.

I gladly accept the blame for this year's dismal recruiting class.

That being said, anyone who signs with Colorado this spring and thinks Dan Hawkins has a long term future at CU, is not very bright.

Normally I'm not into these, "what's the impact of what we post threads", but I kinda like where this one's going.

And you think your posts do anything? They don't do ****.

Actually, if they hurt recruiting, then they hurt Hawkins and make it more likely he will be gone, which, the sooner, the better.

Well I sure hope you are happy Snow.. WE JUST LOST A 3 star DT because of this post. Thanks for ruining the program snow..

:rofl:

I seriously doubt that message boards are the reason smeone does or doesn't commit to a school. Sure, recruits and their families read them...I would too if I had a kid going into the recruiting process.

I highly doubt AB is that much different than any other BCS grade team's BBS. You don't think Husker Illustrated or Tigerboard wouldn't be going ballistic if NU or Mizzou retained a four year coach who hasn't won even one out of three? Sure they would. The difference here is NU or MU, or pretty much any other BCS school excepting Baylor, Duke and Vanderbilt, would have taken steps to do better.

The fact CU hasn't shown even a hint of an inkling of a commitment to be successful is what is killing the program, not a few posts on a BBS. JMO.

I'm not ignoring, sorry. I didnt know your post neccesarily justified a response from me. Very good post though, and legit concern. I dont know what Dan Hawkins thinking is regarding assistant coach's. Really dont. I can tell you he wants CU to win next year worse than we do. If he doenst make staff changes, its because he believes that is whats for the best in the long run. As fans, we ALWAYS want change when somethings wrong. Thats the easy answer, but, Im not sure its always the right one. We'll see. (pun intended) Our bowl plans are riding on the success of these assistants. Hawk's career is.

This is the attitude that is going to put CU football in a bad place for a long time. Change for the sake of change? Absolutely not. Change due to the fact that Dan Hawkins has been a failure thus far at CU? Absolutely. It gets back to the accountability issues that are pervasive in the athletic department right now. Just like the "smartest guy in the room" syndrome that is killing the football program. At some point, under-performing assistant coaches need to be fired. This would not be acceptable at ANY self-respecting football program in the nation. I am sorry, but your post just sounds like empty rhetoric.

I seriously doubt that message boards are the reason smeone does or doesn't commit to a school. Sure, recruits and their families read them...I would too if I had a kid going into the recruiting process.

I highly doubt AB is that much different than any other BCS grade team's BBS. You don't think Husker Illustrated or Tigerboard wouldn't be going ballistic if NU or Mizzou retained a four year coach who hasn't won even one out of three? Sure they would. The difference here is NU or MU, or pretty much any other BCS school excepting Baylor, Duke and Vanderbilt, would have taken steps to do better.

The fact CU hasn't shown even a hint of an inkling of a commitment to be successful is what is killing the program, not a few posts on a BBS. JMO.
no dude. in the last year, 9000 people have seen Allbuffs. that's at least... 1000 recruits that haven't come to CU!

I gladly accept the blame for this year's dismal recruiting class.

That being said, anyone who signs with Colorado this spring and thinks Dan Hawkins has a long term future at CU, is not very bright.

Exactly! When your AD has to hold a press conference prior to the last game of the season to tell everyone that the football coach will be back for 2010.

Recruits don't need to look at this board to understand the state of CU football. All they needed to do was watch some games in person or on tv. A week before the NU game ESPN is telling the national audience that the buyout money is available.

I can tell you he wants CU to win next year worse than we do. If he doenst make staff changes, its because he believes that is whats for the best in the long run. As fans, we ALWAYS want change when somethings wrong. Thats the easy answer, but, Im not sure its always the right one. We'll see. (pun intended) Our bowl plans are riding on the success of these assistants. Hawk's career is.

It is stuff like this that makes me think this is emanating from the AD....I could be wrong, but how the heck would you be able to tell us what Hawk wants? No offense, but this thing is a mess. Suggesting Hawk is now "Going to get it right" is laughable. I'll be around to eat crow God willing if I'm wrong, but I've seen NOTHING that would lead me to believe "it will pop" and CU will start winning. Hawk's approach to big boy FB doesn't work. The time to move on has come and gone and keeping him will only make the hole deeper.

It is stuff like this that makes me think this is emanating from the AD....I could be wrong, but how the heck would you be able to tell us what Hawk wants? No offense, but this thing is a mess. Suggesting Hawk is now "Going to get it right" is laughable. I'll be around to eat crow God willing if I'm wrong, but I've seen NOTHING that would lead me to believe "it will pop" and CU will start winning. Hawk's apporach to big boy FB doesn't work. The time to move has come and gone and keeping him will only make the hole deeper.

:lol: I've been on CU message boards for years and years man. Im not a plant by the AD.

:lol: I've been on CU message boards for years and years man. Im not a plant by the AD.

Fair enough. I have to admit you are an ardent defender of the status quo. With all due respect, I simply cannot understand the motivation. If you truly believe what is done is done and let's get behind the program, then I see your point. I just haven't made to the acceptance point in the grief cycle I guess.....

No offense meant.

Fair enough. I have to admit you are an ardent defender of the status quo. With all due respect, I simply cannot understand the motivation. If you truly believe what is done is done and let's get behind the program, then I see your point. I just haven't made to the acceptance point in the grief cycle I guess.....

No offense meant.

None taken.

And I believe Hawkins shouldve been fired. I really do. He wasnt. I believe that all this negativity (and thats not even the correct adjective for how far negative we've gone) is not helping the program or recruting. I dont directly blame Jimmy or you or anyone else on here for recruiting, thats not my point. My point is it doesnt help. We're so caught up in bitching that we dont take a second to be fans and have hope. Thats Hawkins fault for continually shattering it, I know the argument. Im just saying, look at this board. Read the posts. It's gone too far in my opinion. Allbuffs is as good as it gets, but, lately its annoying, frankly. I realize I can choose not to post or read what I see, and I havent quite gotten there yet, but, its just the same thread over and over for the most part lately.

Anyhow, I assure you Im not affiliated in any capacity with the Athletic department outside of tiny donations and season tickets.

We all want the Buffs to win. We can agree on that. :thumbsup:

Jones dreams of playing in the NFL. Texas A&M sold him on the NFL ties that staff has. CU, now, has no one on staff who has coached at the NFL level since Greg Brown left. The lack of NFL ties was already killing us in recruiting but now it's going to get worse. Teams recruiting against us are already using Brown's departure against us in that way. He gave the staff a lot of credibility.

Jones dreams of playing in the NFL. Texas A&M sold him on the NFL ties that staff has. CU, now, has no one on staff who has coached at the NFL level since Greg Brown left. The lack of NFL ties was already killing us in recruiting but now it's going to get worse. Teams recruiting against us are already using Brown's departure against us in that way. He gave the staff a lot of credibility.

I find it hard to believe NFL ties are the only thing that are hurting us.. How many NFL assistants does OU have on its staff? Oregon? Texas? LSU? CAL? Kansas? Missouri?

This staff just doesn't know how to recruit well. Embree and EB didn't have NFL coaching experience and they proved they could recruit very well to here in the state of Texas.. Talkins staff stinks..

Jimmy, I'm not saying it's the only thing. I'm saying that Mister Jones stressed the NFL thing, that TAMU used it against us/to their advantage, and it will continue to be a problem for us. Worse for CU, not only do we not have NFL coaching ties, we barely have any BCS experience on the staff anywhere except at CU.

Helping? Really? You think that's OUR job? To help? Honestly man. We're fans & alumni. The message board format is here to allow us to vent and discuss things that have to do with the program. If you honestly believe that things are better on the websites at other schools, you're horribly mistaken. You think the folks at Notre Dame were complacent sheep? If Mister Jones de-committed to CU and committed to A&M because of chatter on this site, wait until he sees the Texags site. It's ludicrous to make the assertion that we, as fans on a website, somehow have influence over a young mans decision as to where he goes to college.

Helping? Really? You think that's OUR job? To help? Honestly man. We're fans & alumni. The message board format is here to allow us to vent and discuss things that have to do with the program. If you honestly believe that things are better on the websites at other schools, you're horribly mistaken. You think the folks at Notre Dame were complacent sheep? If Mister Jones de-committed to CU and committed to A&M because of chatter on this site, wait until he sees the Texags site. It's ludicrous to make the assertion that we, as fans on a website, somehow have influence over a young mans decision as to where he goes to college.

Great, there goes another 4 star defensive lineman committing elsewhere instead of to Hawk because of this negative post.. Thanks sack.. :smile2:

:rolleyes: Bull****! Hawk clearly cares more about his own personal agenda and his dreams for his son than about winning football games.

If you're not helping, you're hurting. Which side are you on, BB?

You really want to help for the long term? Pull your support for everything that this jackass football coach is involved with. Once he has no support, then the school will be forced to pull his and get someone in there who can win. Until then, short term help will only kill us down the road.

Keep supporting him this offseason and for the first few games again next year and we will just end up at the same point again in a year from now.

If this message board helps or hurts recruiting, then our coaches aren't good enough recruiters. A player shouldn't weigh out all the positives and negatives of a school in terms of academics, facilities, location, prestige, coaching, culture, etc. and then say, "Well I'm just still not quite sure, I guess I'll let the attitude of a fan forum decide for me."

I don't doubt that players and recruits read the message boards, but to believe that it affects their decision is ludicrous.

I don't blame players one bit for transferring from here right now and don't blame recruits one bit for choosing another school. It has become obvious that winning is not important. Us fans want to win more than our team does. It is embarrassing.

Back