What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Our role in this whole thing....

And do you think you're helping?? Honest question. I'd say the answer is a very obvious no. I truley believe this board is HURTING in recruiting, not helping. That says nothing of Dan Hawkins being a joke, I get that everyone here believes that. These posts help nothing.

I suppose 2-10, 3-9 etc., etc. brings in lots of recruits. I know I would want to play for a program that is being burned to the ground. :wow:

IMO, the notion that a message board is negatively impacting recruiting is preposterous.

I'm not ignoring, sorry. I didnt know your post neccesarily justified a response from me. Very good post though, and legit concern. I dont know what Dan Hawkins thinking is regarding assistant coach's. Really dont. I can tell you he wants CU to win next year worse than we do. If he doenst make staff changes, its because he believes that is whats for the best in the long run. As fans, we ALWAYS want change when somethings wrong. Thats the easy answer, but, Im not sure its always the right one. We'll see. (pun intended) Our bowl plans are riding on the success of these assistants. Hawk's career is.

Change for the sake of change is never good. Only when it's justified. In Hawkins case, I believe the justifacation is overwhelming.

This debate is absurd. Does anyone really think the postings in this forum have an effect on the outside world? People post on and read this forum because it's amusing. Make up a cool name, get an awesome avatar, and have at it. Sunshine, hate, whatever you want. Sometimes the conversation is engaging, sometimes it's not. But let's not be so self-delusional as to think the bull**** posted here has any influence on anyone who matters. Post with impunity. We affect no one!

Insofar as Mr. Jones goes, two RBs are visiting Boulder this weekend. Both are rated as highly or higher than Mr. Mister (though neither has a particularly interesting name). Whether this forum scared off Jones (really?) or not, life definately will go on....

Last edited:
I was really on board with him until CSU this year. After getting it handed to us at home like that, I knew we were in for a very long season. After that, I quit listening to the garbage excuses. It is really sad because I bought in hook line and sinker. I now know how Madoff was able to get it done.

I was really on board with him until CSU this year. After getting it handed to us at home like that, I knew we were in for a very long season. After that, I quit listening to the garbage excuses. It is really sad because I bought in hook line and sinker. I now know how Madoff was able to get it done.

:yeahthat:

I'm ashamed of myself for buying his bullsh!t. There are very few feelings worse than when you come to the realization that you've been conned. We were conned for three years before our eyes were opened.

Re: what is done is done and let's get behind the program

Hey, the Vichysts said the same thing when Hitler invaded France...if the Vichysts woudaa had their way, the Frogs would still be speakin' Nazi, today

Last edited:
IMO, the notion that a message board is negatively impacting recruiting is preposterous.

No ****ing ****.

Hey recruits, don't come here if you will be offended by your fans wanting to win games!!

You are missing the point. It's not just the criticism of the program that is prevalent throughout the threads, it's the specific comments that CU will waste the talents of these young men.
Maybe you want to believe that reading negative comments couldn't POSSIBLY affect a recruit's opinion of a school, but I believe that kids and their parents go everywhere to get insight to learn more about what a particlar program might be like. Including message boards. Which may mean nothing, but I assure you that some of the stronger programs would NEVER have such constant negative comments tossed in with recruiting information.
At the bigger, top 25 programs, generally, if a kid is being recruited, the fans (in this case forum posters), will jump on board, extolling why it would be GREAT WONDERFUL and A PERFECT FIT for this kid to join their team. They will talk about the excellent coaching he would get, and how he would be mentored by such-and-such older player who will bring him along to his peak of perfection, how the kid will be such a contributor and they are so excited he is considering their team.

Here, we get a lot of, well, it would be nice if so-and-do signed with CU, but he'll be benched anyway. Only walkons play. Does he have a lunchbox? Who would come here with a lameduck coach who is pretty much useless?

and so on. All your comments may come from the heart, and be 100% true as you see them, but they do NOT help win recruiting decisions. They put doubt in a recruit's mind that absolutely FEEDS into the negative recruiting they have heard from other schools and coaches. Only here, at CU, we confirm it every time.

Boo-yah! you got that right, come to CU to see your career on the bench. Come to CU where we have the worst coaches in the history of football. Come to CU where the fans boycott games and withhold support of the under-financed program because we are having a snit-fit about our pathetic 3-9 season. If we accidently get a top player to commit, we'll screw it up, anyway.

Yes, that's what recruits are reading here and at the other CU forums. But go ahead and tell yourself that it doesn't matter, if it makes you feel better. I seriously believe it's just a drop in the bucket, but added to everything else that can be said about CU, we are doing our best to convince recruits that coming here would be the worst decision they can make.

We might as well tell Oregon and Arizona not to bother with the negative recruiting. Just come to the boards, and the CU "fans" will do it for them.

You're going to have to spell it out for me:
are you being sarcastic?

Because I really can't tell.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. I like you, Jasper, and I've been a dick about this whole thing for which I apologize, but we'll just have to agree to disagree.

That work?

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. I like you, Jasper, and I've been a dick about this whole thing for which I apologize, but we'll just have to agree to disagree.

That work?

Sure, you can continue to believe that comments made here don't matter. Free country and all that.

How do you feel about negative recruiting that we hear about from other schools? What they are supposed to be saying about Colorado? Do you feel that it is worse or better than what recruit gets directly from CU fans? And does that matter?

Because if I heard crap from a coach from another school, I'd say "oh, take that with a grain of salt, he's trying to get me to commit." But when I read it from the school's own FAN BASE, I think: wow, it must be true. CU sucks.

Of course, maybe that's what some of you think and believe. I got it. Maybe I've been drinking from Dan Hawkins' thermos, but I just think we are always a season away from greatness. Maybe it's next year, maybe the year after, but if we don't recruit the best players we can get to Boulder, then it's going to be a long, long, time coming.

Sure, you can continue to believe that comments made here don't matter. Free country and all that.

How do you feel about negative recruiting that we hear about from other schools? What they are supposed to be saying about Colorado? Do you feel that it is worse or better than what recruit gets directly from CU fans? And does that matter?

Because if I heard crap from a coach from another school, I'd say "oh, take that with a grain of salt, he's trying to get me to commit." But when I read it from the school's own FAN BASE, I think: wow, it must be true. CU sucks.

Of course, maybe that's what some of you think and believe. I got it. Maybe I've been drinking from Dan Hawkins' thermos, but I just think we are always a season away from greatness. Maybe it's next year, maybe the year after, but if we don't recruit the best players we can get to Boulder, then it's going to be a long, long, time coming.

I'm tired of talking about this subject.

Just one last thing. Last year when we were recruiting Kasa and he de-committed from us and committed to Florida, there were a lot of posts saying the likes of, "Well it's hard to blame the kid for that. Florida is always in the running for National Championships and the Buffs haven't even been in the running for the North."

Look, I love this school and football program as much as anybody and want us to win games no matter who the coach is. I would be ecstatic if we won 10 games with Hawk next year and he proved me wrong. I just haven't seen anything to make me believe it could happen.

Even in the middle of this last season, before anyone was saying negative things in the recruiting threads, the Buffs still had the 12th best class in the Big XII. It's not like we were kicking ass before.

I still say, any program that values a recruit who bases his choices on a forum deserves what they get. I understand some admin-types here need to pump themselves up with self-importance, but their delusional value system over this board's true importance is just that - THEIR delusion.

They are good for laughs, though.

Recruiters really don't need to go any farther than the record.......2-10, 3-9 etc....etc....

I still say, any program that values a recruit who bases his choices on a forum deserves what they get. I understand some admin-types here need to pump themselves up with self-importance, but their delusional value system over this board's true importance is just that - THEIR delusion.

They are good for laughs, though.

Im not an admin here and if you think recruits dont read these sites, you're wrong.

"Good things happen to good people, quit trying to win and just be a winner, focus on the process not the product, and as Coach Hurdle says, “Just keep pumping the pump.”"

Hawk = a 21st century Walt Whitman? I might actually miss this stuff 1nce he leaves Boulder. How can anyone take a guy who speaks this way seriously. Pumping the pump??? He sounds like the homeless guy outside the Circle K in Boulder, hustling for change.

Baylor, Baylor, Baylor.

Stay off of the mountain and out of the valley. Just keep coming and getting better. Learn from yesterday and move on to tomorrow!

In the big, bad world where the bottom line is the bottom line, you have to stay focused on the process. We all know that everyone wants a raise, a promotion, or more wins. The way you get that is to transform yourself into a vehicle of excellence, of doing things right. Quit trying to win and just be a winner. A world that loves to point out what is wrong, incorrect, and faltering usually focuses on the product. A successful organization or leader must be committed to the process of improvement. Avoid having a parade when something goes well or a funeral if you hit some pot holes along the way.

I knew we would win on Saturday. Why? Our guys had a body of work that they could draw from. Their experiences had given them what they needed to form the proper frame of mind. All that was needed was for us to go out and sing our song and do our dance! Dance we did.

I will despise myself later if I look back on my life and realize that I had the talent and the ability to do great things but could not find the courage to try. I know what I can do, and I know how little I have done. I have flittered away my opportunities like children at the seashore who fill their hands with sand and then let the grains fall through their open fists. It is not too late for me. I can still fill my hands. I can still shape a future of success and happiness. I am capable of great wonders.
Og Mandino from “The Choice”

It was a glorious fall afternoon at Folsom—a little bite to the air, leaves letting go of summer and bleeding into winter, a low sun, and plenty of emotion in the air. Competing against the No. 3 ranked team in the country, you have to feel blessed to be part of that!

Hats off to the Rockies—AWESOME! Clint Hurdle is a special person—“Blue Twisted Steel,” as Coach Mac would say. His saying, “Just keep pumping the pump.” Boy, have they. Good things happen to good people and Clint and the Rockies deserve the success they have worked for!

Took my wife to Red Rocks on Thursday night to see ABBA. Why? Well, it was for her birthday. Now, I love music, but I can say I’m not much of an ABBA guy, but my wife is. You stay married for 25 years by making sacrifices for each other. My wife is a saint and she has made MANY sacrifices for me. Dedicating some time with her and doing something SHE wanted to do TOGETHER was a reasonable sacrifice I needed to make. Red Rocks was stunning, the concert was fun, and the time spent with her was priceless. Remember? Focus on the process, just get better, quit trying to win and just be a winner. Life, marriage, or football—it’s all the same.

Took in my son Drew’s game Friday night. It was a tough final score, but he and his mates battled hard. Again, being a father means carving out time with your children, even if you have big events of your own going on. Being part of your kids’ lives is special—and necessary for both parties!

Hey, I am sure you want me to go on about the game, but it’s over—long over and we have to get ready for Baylor who took it to us last year. No time to look back, there will be plenty of those stories other places.

My point? Good things happen to good people, quit trying to win and just be a winner, focus on the process not the product, and as Coach Hurdle says, “Just keep pumping the pump.”

PEACE - Hawk

"Good things happen to good people, quit trying to win and just be a winner, focus on the process not the product, and as Coach Hurdle says, “Just keep pumping the pump.”"

Hawk = a 21st century Walt Whitman? I might actually miss this stuff 1nce he leaves Boulder. How can anyone take a guy who speaks this way seriously. Pumping the pump??? He sounds like the homeless guy outside the Circle K in Boulder, hustling for change.

Baylor, Baylor, Baylor.

Stay off of the mountain and out of the valley. Just keep coming and getting better. Learn from yesterday and move on to tomorrow!

In the big, bad world where the bottom line is the bottom line, you have to stay focused on the process. We all know that everyone wants a raise, a promotion, or more wins. The way you get that is to transform yourself into a vehicle of excellence, of doing things right. Quit trying to win and just be a winner. A world that loves to point out what is wrong, incorrect, and faltering usually focuses on the product. A successful organization or leader must be committed to the process of improvement. Avoid having a parade when something goes well or a funeral if you hit some pot holes along the way.

I knew we would win on Saturday. Why? Our guys had a body of work that they could draw from. Their experiences had given them what they needed to form the proper frame of mind. All that was needed was for us to go out and sing our song and do our dance! Dance we did.

I will despise myself later if I look back on my life and realize that I had the talent and the ability to do great things but could not find the courage to try. I know what I can do, and I know how little I have done. I have flittered away my opportunities like children at the seashore who fill their hands with sand and then let the grains fall through their open fists. It is not too late for me. I can still fill my hands. I can still shape a future of success and happiness. I am capable of great wonders.
Og Mandino from “The Choice”

It was a glorious fall afternoon at Folsom—a little bite to the air, leaves letting go of summer and bleeding into winter, a low sun, and plenty of emotion in the air. Competing against the No. 3 ranked team in the country, you have to feel blessed to be part of that!

Hats off to the Rockies—AWESOME! Clint Hurdle is a special person—“Blue Twisted Steel,” as Coach Mac would say. His saying, “Just keep pumping the pump.” Boy, have they. Good things happen to good people and Clint and the Rockies deserve the success they have worked for!

Took my wife to Red Rocks on Thursday night to see ABBA. Why? Well, it was for her birthday. Now, I love music, but I can say I’m not much of an ABBA guy, but my wife is. You stay married for 25 years by making sacrifices for each other. My wife is a saint and she has made MANY sacrifices for me. Dedicating some time with her and doing something SHE wanted to do TOGETHER was a reasonable sacrifice I needed to make. Red Rocks was stunning, the concert was fun, and the time spent with her was priceless. Remember? Focus on the process, just get better, quit trying to win and just be a winner. Life, marriage, or football—it’s all the same.

Took in my son Drew’s game Friday night. It was a tough final score, but he and his mates battled hard. Again, being a father means carving out time with your children, even if you have big events of your own going on. Being part of your kids’ lives is special—and necessary for both parties!

Hey, I am sure you want me to go on about the game, but it’s over—long over and we have to get ready for Baylor who took it to us last year. No time to look back, there will be plenty of those stories other places.

My point? Good things happen to good people, quit trying to win and just be a winner, focus on the process not the product, and as Coach Hurdle says, “Just keep pumping the pump.”

PEACE - Hawk

What just happened, here???:confused::confused::confused:

Back