1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outback Bowl

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by OUBuff, Jan 1, 2010.

1. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

Anyone watching?

Perhaps the most entertaining bowl game of the year. :wow:

Congrats to Auburn, but there is no quit in that Northwestern team. :congrats:

2. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Watched it earlier, flipped back to watch the overtime. From what I saw earlier, I'm surprised NW got it to OT.

Crazy game in OT. Auburn appeared to have won it twice, NW got second and third chances (good calls), then loses on a fake FG with a chance to tie. Have to wonder how badly NW's kicker was hurt and whether that's why they faked it...

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Oddest Auburn game I ever watched.

4. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

When I first saw the kicker get hit, I thought his leg was broken. He was walking on the sideline later, but I'll bet he was not going to plant on that leg anytime soon.

As for the fake call, I would call that good coaching. I have no clue how good the b/u kicker is, but I like how the coach took the win or loss on his shoulders and didn't put it on the RS Frosh kicker. Not a bad way to go down in a bowl game.

5. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

It's amazing that this game even got to OT. I switched over from PSU-LSU to see NW make 3 4th-down conversions when they were trailing by 2 TD's, and if they had not made any one of those the game would've certainly been over at that point. Then they miss the extra point and are down by 8 so I switched away, only to come back and see that NW somehow had tied it up and then they recovered a fumble on the kickoff and had a chance to win it at the end of regulation. :wow:

6. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Auburn was lucky to win that game. Northwestern moved the ball at ease but kept giving it away, at least when I was watching. That was the strangest OT possession I've ever seen.

7. The Guest

The Guest Guest

It was a great game! I loved it, and actually deferred the LSU/Penn State game to watch Northwestern instead. It served as a reminder of why I love college football.

8. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

:yeahthat:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010