What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Outback Bowl

OUBuff

American
Anyone watching?

Perhaps the most entertaining bowl game of the year. :wow:

Congrats to Auburn, but there is no quit in that Northwestern team. :congrats:

Watched it earlier, flipped back to watch the overtime. From what I saw earlier, I'm surprised NW got it to OT.

Crazy game in OT. Auburn appeared to have won it twice, NW got second and third chances (good calls), then loses on a fake FG with a chance to tie. Have to wonder how badly NW's kicker was hurt and whether that's why they faked it...

Watched it earlier, flipped back to watch the overtime. From what I saw earlier, I'm surprised NW got it to OT.

Crazy game in OT. Auburn appeared to have won it twice, NW got second and third chances (good calls), then loses on a fake FG with a chance to tie. Have to wonder how badly NW's kicker was hurt and whether that's why they faked it...

When I first saw the kicker get hit, I thought his leg was broken. He was walking on the sideline later, but I'll bet he was not going to plant on that leg anytime soon.

As for the fake call, I would call that good coaching. I have no clue how good the b/u kicker is, but I like how the coach took the win or loss on his shoulders and didn't put it on the RS Frosh kicker. Not a bad way to go down in a bowl game.

It's amazing that this game even got to OT. I switched over from PSU-LSU to see NW make 3 4th-down conversions when they were trailing by 2 TD's, and if they had not made any one of those the game would've certainly been over at that point. Then they miss the extra point and are down by 8 so I switched away, only to come back and see that NW somehow had tied it up and then they recovered a fumble on the kickoff and had a chance to win it at the end of regulation. :wow:

Auburn was lucky to win that game. Northwestern moved the ball at ease but kept giving it away, at least when I was watching. That was the strangest OT possession I've ever seen.

It was a great game! I loved it, and actually deferred the LSU/Penn State game to watch Northwestern instead. It served as a reminder of why I love college football.

Back