What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Outsider's perspective

To the original post:

How the hell can you tell anything about Darrell Scott based on tonight's game? He got 1, that's 1, hear me 1 mother****ing carry!

I'm saying that based on what I saw last year and on his kick returns today. I watched all of his high school highlights. Dude looked freakin sick. On this level he looks slow. If all the press clippings and praise from the coaches were true, why didn't he have more carries? He just doesn't look anywhere near what he was supposed to be and right now he's a middle of the pack Iback in the Big XII. Again, just an outsider perspective. I have no ties to CSU or any reason to want CU to lose other than to NU.

What a joke...return the kicks, then off the field. Must be more to his story....

There has to be. But it is time somebody ask Hawk that question point blank.

"Coach, Scott returned kicks tonight and looked pretty good, why did he only get 1 carry?"

I had heard Scott was in the doghouse, but don't know why. There has to come a time where you either play kids or you sit kids. It looked like we were trying to prove something with Sumler, Scotty and Espinoza tonight.

There has to be. But it is time somebody ask Hawk that question point blank.

"Coach, Scott returned kicks tonight and looked pretty good, why did he only get 1 carry?"

I had heard Scott was in the doghouse, but don't know why. There has to come a time where you either play kids or you sit kids. It looked like we were trying to prove something with Sumler, Scotty and Espinoza tonight.
As I said earlier, Espy is slower than my 8 year-old daughter....

Scott was a pre-season pick for Top 100 in the Big 12. Give him a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawkins left the playing field in the first half with all 3 of his timeouts. If he would have used them, he would have had about 50 seconds to score.
Terrible clock management - stupid, spaced out.

See these are the little things, the details, that are not getting attention in practice. Obviously a hurry up offense is an issue as well. We seem to be less prepared.

you, my friend are an idot...sad to sat that to a fellow buff, but seriuosly. they exeuted this week, and we got beat by the buffs...not csu, the buffs. we coached ourselves in to a loss and you are going to talk **** to them when we looked like that phuck you...:finger:

Jebus. He made an ass to mouth comment but hes obviously just as depressed and frustrated as the rest of us. Ease up.

Meantime my memories of good CU football, when I was a student here, are becoming more and more faded and tattered with the passage of time. This es de suck.

Darrell didnt even get a chance...

Why would elite players even consider playing here again?

DS sat on the bench and watched inferior plays fail repeatedly. Make excuses though.

Our coach players favorites and more often than not those favorites are lesser players period.

I'm saying that based on what I saw last year and on his kick returns today. I watched all of his high school highlights. Dude looked freakin sick. On this level he looks slow. If all the press clippings and praise from the coaches were true, why didn't he have more carries? He just doesn't look anywhere near what he was supposed to be and right now he's a middle of the pack Iback in the Big XII. Again, just an outsider perspective. I have no ties to CSU or any reason to want CU to lose other than to NU.

What he looked slow on his one carry? You must be a great judge of talent to come to this conclusion with one carry. Last year he was "out of shape and had injuries" this year he is "in the best shape of his life" so make him sit on the bench. brilliant. Hagan overcoaches, hawk doesn't coach at all.

The time for this mickey mouse chinese fire drill at rb needs to end. Go with scott and stewart. Let each guy play an actual entire series and run..GASP....TWO STRAIGHT TIMES.

Hagan is just as much to blame as hawk.

As for cody and hansen, hawk said after the game that he thought cody played great in the 2nd half. :rolleyes: What game was he watching? This staff has no clue.

The time for this mickey mouse chinese fire drill at rb needs to end. Go with scott and stewart. Let each guy play an actual entire series and run..GASP....TWO STRAIGHT TIMES.

Hagan is just as much to blame as hawk.

As for cody and hansen, hawk said after the game that he thought cody played great in the 2nd half. :rolleyes: What game was he watching? This staff has no clue.
Cody didn't play well, especially early. However, the issues with this team last night cannot be put at his feet. He had no running game, no blocking, and no receivers. Hawk is getting his son killed by playing Espy and Mcknight as the only 2 WR on the field. It allows them to put 9 in the box. and play press coverage... Kiesau's debut was terrible. He got into a rhythm late, but still. Jesus.

Hawkins left the playing field in the first half with all 3 of his timeouts. If he would have used them, he would have had about 50 seconds to score.
Terrible clock management - stupid, spaced out.

The people sitting near me were SCREAMING about the unused timeouts. It just made no sense at all.

Of course it isnt all on Cody, those 2 balls that McKnight dropped early were huge in my opinion. However, with what we have on this team, Hansen has got to be our guy simply because he adds more to prepare for. He can run, Cody is a statue out there. Another thing that really pissed me off is not having our corners more physical. You cannot let receivers just run free off the line especially when we arent getting or you are give up plays period. Seriously, we made that qb look like Joe Montana.

you, my friend are an idot...sad to sat that to a fellow buff, but seriuosly. they exeuted this week, and we got beat by the buffs...not csu, the buffs. we coached ourselves in to a loss and you are going to talk **** to them when we looked like that phuck you...:finger:

I hate when people act like they didn't get beat by the Buffs, but only beat themselves.

So just man up and admit it. CSU came in to CU's home field and whupped us. Period. Their players played better than ours, their recievers had less 'rust' than ours, their QB that could not become good enough to be a started until his fifth year beat our three year starter. Their DL just destroyed our o-line. They shut down our running game.
THe CSU coaches were heads and shoulders better than CU.

Admit it; a Colorado team made a home run hire for their school. I just don't think it was CU.:sad1:

Cody will start all year unless he gets hurt.

I hate to admit it, but I am hopeing Toledo can do me a favor Friday night.

By kidnapping Cody until the game is over.:smile2: Just give us a chance to see if Hansen got better and is being held back by nepotism, or really is no better than Cody.

Maybe Toledo's security wont let him in thinking that surely a Big XII QB is much bigger and stronger than this guy, and they'll arrest him when he start to rant like spoiled brat. They'll apologize afterwards but all be forgiven when Hansen comes in a wins the game for the Buffs. No harm no foul.

We lost the game because of 3 things:
1. Lack of preparation
2. Lack of preparation
3. Lack of preparation

Back