What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

P-10 BBall... (UA-UW)

DesertDawg526

Resident Dawg
Club Member
...on now FoxNW (ch.687 DirecTV).

This game features the current top 2 Pac teams. The Pac is still not good this year due to youth, but should be much stronger over the next couple years.

I'm glad CU is coming in with a good team.

...on now FoxNW (ch.687 DirecTV).

This game features the current top 2 Pac teams. The Pac is still not good this year due to youth, but should be much stronger over the next couple years.

I'm glad CU is coming in with a good team.

We are losing our top 4 scorers after this year (yes burks will leave). Were not going to have a good team.

DD -

Do you think UDub and Wazzou finish 1-2 in the Pac-10 this year or do you see Zona crashing the party?

Any chance that UCLA gets its act together?

We are losing our top 4 scorers after this year (yes burks will leave). Were not going to have a good team.

And we get Harris-Tunks plus three of the top recruits out of the state of California. Losing Burks will hurt, if he goes, but it won't be the end of the program. I have faith that Boyle will keep this team moving in the right direction.

'Zona is young and athletic but they seem to be missing something. I'm not sure, but it might be the prowess of the backcourt players. Under Olsen, their guards were nails. Anyway, they might contend but I don't think they have enough to win the conference.

I predict:

1. UW
2. UA
3. UCLA/WSU
4. USC/ASU

Realistically probably 2 will go to the dance. It could be up to 4 depending on how the season plays out.

UA has youth and the best recruits in the Pac right now. They're re-awakening.

UCLA is a sleeping giant. Always will be. There has been no better run in men's BBall then UCLA under Wooden. The team is big time historically.

WSU is the Pac equivalent right now of OSU or Mizzou...

UW has been steadily improving under Romar. A scandal just hit though (rape by a "high profile athlete") so the future is complicated..... (no charges filed yet, but if they are I want to see the player suspended and kicked off if found guilty). The incoming freshmen including Tony Wroten are going to be good (he was the #1 recruit in the country two years ago before trying out for football and getting a knee injury).

And CU will be top half of the Pac next year under Boyle.

And we get Harris-Tunks plus three of the top recruits out of the state of California. Losing Burks will hurt, if he goes, but it won't be the end of the program. I have faith that Boyle will keep this team moving in the right direction.

Those three cali players are all "3 star" prospects and combined had one offer from a pac-12 school other then CU. They seem better then many of the players we have got in the past, but none seem like difference makers (yes I am aware that Burks and Higgins were lightely recruted). A far as next years team I just dont see were the scoring comes from. We have Carlon Brown whos claim to fame was averaging a meager 12 ppg for utah and then after that what? Tommlinson? Duffault? Ben Mills? I cant help but laugh just writing those names. Tunks and Roberson can ball there value is in defense and rebounding not scoring.

I think UCLA is going to be a really good team next year. I'm high on Josh Smith, and if with the CBA issues, Honeycutt stays for his Jr season, they'll be really good (Nelson is good too). Stanford also had a decent recruiting class and may be on the way up.

I think UW takes the league, but UCLA is second with AZ behind them. I think all three make the tournament, with perhaps ASU joining them. Next year though, Oregon may be good - Dana Altman has been one of my favorite coaches for awhile, and he will have his star player in Jabari Brown next season. UA will be solid too with Josiah Turner - their backcourt already has some solid pieces. This hits on the main issue with the PAC though...recruiting has been waning. If you look at where the top prospects have been committing, the PAC is trailing other conferences.

CU will be competitive next year, and will benefit from the PAC still rebuilding. However, I think the PAC will be very strong in two seasons, and CU needs to keep improving to stay in the upper half. Carlon Brown will help a lot next year in overcoming Burks and Higgins leaving, but we should still see a dropoff next year. We may finish in the upper half, but barely. I really think it's important that we make a strong tourney run this year, because I'm not so sure about next season.

Those three cali players are all "3 star" prospects and combined had one offer from a pac-12 school other then CU. They seem better then many of the players we have got in the past, but none seem like difference makers (yes I am aware that Burks and Higgins were lightely recruted). A far as next years team I just dont see were the scoring comes from. We have Carlon Brown whos claim to fame was averaging a meager 12 ppg for utah and then after that what? Tommlinson? Duffault? Ben Mills? I cant help but laugh just writing those names. Tunks and Roberson can ball there value is in defense and rebounding not scoring.

If you look at the film of Brown, you'll see he can score (you underestimate his ability). I'm still hoping for Sharpe to reach some of his potential (keep in mind this is essentially his first season seeing big time college ball). So next season, scoring will be heavy from Brown, Sharpe (hopefully), and Dufault. I'm really high on Cain, and I think he may prove some good tough points. No, they're not Higgins or Burks, and yes, we'll see a dropoff. We will still be competitive though in the Pac-12 - maybe not tournament bubble team next season, but still, we can finish in the top 6 (depending on how Sharpe develops of course).

Boyle so far is worth his weight in Gold! That's why I'm not yet too concerned about CUs program next year. And I'm also not convinced Burks is gone. The exposure he'll get next year in an expanded Pac will only raise his stock.

Either way, I'm looking foward to Boyle's offseason recruiting. He sure seems to be every bit as good as Bz.... although we need to see who he can recruit, but if he can recruit half as well as he can coach then CU's BBall moving forward is in very, very good shape. They will be contending for a Pac title within 3 years even if everyone leaves at this rate...

Look at Romar at UW. Boyle seems to be the same sort of guy for CU after evaluating him over the first 6 months of his career at CU...Transition games in the Pac are winning right now, and that's what CU is building to.

I think UCLA is going to be a really good team next year. I'm high on Josh Smith, and if with the CBA issues, Honeycutt stays for his Jr season, they'll be really good (Nelson is good too). Stanford also had a decent recruiting class and may be on the way up.

I think UW takes the league, but UCLA is second with AZ behind them. I think all three make the tournament, with perhaps ASU joining them. Next year though, Oregon may be good - Dana Altman has been one of my favorite coaches for awhile, and he will have his star player in Jabari Brown next season. UA will be solid too with Josiah Turner - their backcourt already has some solid pieces. This hits on the main issue with the PAC though...recruiting has been waning. If you look at where the top prospects have been committing, the PAC is trailing other conferences.

CU will be competitive next year, and will benefit from the PAC still rebuilding. However, I think the PAC will be very strong in two seasons, and CU needs to keep improving to stay in the upper half. Carlon Brown will help a lot next year in overcoming Burks and Higgins leaving, but we should still see a dropoff next year. We may finish in the upper half, but barely. I really think it's important that we make a strong tourney run this year, because I'm not so sure about next season.

Great Post:nod:

As long as we're one of the best teams in the Pac-12 in defense and rebounding, we'll do very well. I'm very confident that Boyle will get us there. Next year's roster should be much better in those two aspects. This game is not all about which team has more guys who can win 1-on-1 games on the playground.

Back