1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P Rich and the Running Game and Clemmons

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by 4DemBuffs, Sep 11, 2011.

1. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

tell me what impact p rich's performance yesterday might do to CU's running game. there is no doubt now that teams can not pack 7 or 8 in the box to stop the run. CU is has a credible threat to go deep and might deserve a double team. that takes guys away from run D. i think the OL made some rather good improvment over the hawaii game. without having to find a way to block 8 players in the box, we might see some drastic improvment in the running game vs CSU.

next is clemmons. given what p-rich did yesterday and the attention he will get he really needs to step up. i could see next week being huge for him. i say this because of all the attention that PR will get, there is no way you can tell me that CSU has a DB that will match up on him size and speed wise. if he can get his act together, there is no reason he cant have a break out day vs CSU. assuming he can catch the dang ball.

2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Clemons may be done. Look elsewhere. Canty and Vincent both played for the first time against Cal. Gray may get more snaps.

3. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

The problem is PRich is the only receiving threat we have right now, other than Speedy out of the backfield. So yes, someone else in the WR dept needs to step up. A heavier use of Deehan would definitely be a good thing to help offset the lack of diversity at the WR position.

4. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Clemons is pretty much a lost cause IMO. We really a true freshman to step up.

5. CarolinaBuff

McCullough maybe?

6. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

McCullough when he gets his routes better will be making some great catches. Hansen has given him some of the worst passes and he has been very close to catching them.

7. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

8. Robbie

Robbie New Member

OL, OL, OL. When the OL does it's shiz, we'll see the talent, the opportunities, the "should've's/coulde'ves" fall our way. Clean up half of those stupid OL penalties, and we've got a W instead of a L...and a more robust running threat. Bingo.

9. pigdog

pigdog Member

What is Clemons' problem? Size etc, why can't he put it together?

10. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

As a certain hip hop group once stated... Its all in his head.

11. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

i honestly think embree has too quick of a trigger right now...

12. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

He doesn't exactly have too much depth. Remove anyone on our o-line that contributed to those false-starts, and we end up with no one to replace him. We just don't have the talent and competition.
    I remain disappointed that we haven't seen another RB though.

13. CarolinaBuff

This. Again.

14. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

+1

15. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

He may have to have a quick trigger right now. The most important thing on his agenda is changing the attitude that has permeated this team. For five years losing has been okay and things have been acceptable that winning teams can't have happen.

Once he gets the attitude where it needs to be then he can start looking at dealing with individual needs.

16. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

on clemmons. what you guys are talking about is noted. what i ment to imply is that he could use this game as a break out game. if he can get his **** together. i may be wrong on this but, i dont think any of those guys he is in fighting with for playing time has his body size or speed.

let me put it this way. if i were JE, i would sit TC down and say "look. we think they are going to be double and triple teaming PR. that leaves you one on one with some punk assed csu db. probably thier third in line. you can have a game like PR did last week if you put you mind to it. you have the physical ability. lets see your mental ability."

17. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

The trick with breaking that pattern is that you can't make decisions that make you less likely to win. Not only does losing reinforce losing, but players are going to tune out your message very fast if you're telling them losing is never ok but see you putting other things ahead of winning.

Not saying benching Clemons makes us less likely to win, btw. He's got a ton of talent, but unless he has his head in the game he's not likely to turn too many games in our favor...

18. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Message has to be that those who produce will be on the field. Talent is great and Clemmons has talent, the trouble is that he isn't producing. Clemmons admits that he isn't getting it done, the rest of the players can see it.

If we give up some talent but get someone on the field that is going to do what he is supposed to then we need to take the non-performing talent off the field. What is important is that Embree doesn't have a dog house. The players need to know that if they don't produce they will sit but that they can earn their way back into the mix. When that happens then the coaches will have more credibility with the players, something the last staff lacked.

19. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

It's only game two. Let's see if Tony can break out of his slump. CSU is the perfect remedy!

:lol: CSU = slumpbuster:lol: