What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-10 to invite 6 Big 12 schools

Speaking of that, what is the status of Kansas State or Iowa State, I havent heard them mentioned much in these conversations at all. I havent heard Kansas talked about too much either, but I am sure someone is going to grab them up for at least their Basketball Program alone.

Put me down for "Who cares?"

Assuming Nebs and Mizzou come to the Big Ten, that means that KU, KSU and ISU are officially screwed. Let's say that the Big XII tries to pick up the pieces with these three holdouts. They could then invite BYU, Utah, Memphis, TCU, Houston, Boise State, New Mexico, Air Force, Colorado State.

This new conference would be much, much weaker than the new mega-conferencees, but it'd still be better than today's Mountain West, which is arguably on the verge of gaining a BCS auto bid. And for better or worse, this is a hoops conference, not a football conference.

Speaking of that, what is the status of Kansas State or Iowa State, I havent heard them mentioned much in these conversations at all. I havent heard Kansas talked about too much either, but I am sure someone is going to grab them up for at least their Basketball Program alone.

Iowa State, K state etc..they lose. In the end this boils down to..when you pick your teams at Dodgeball. Iowa State/K State are the last kids on the bench..

You guys complaining about this cracks me up.. Maybe you are stuck in the 90's or something but CU has very little to offer and if it wasn't for the Denver TV market, we'd be left out of the cold.. Getting away from Texas or OU isn't our problem and isn't going to change our fortunes for the better. Hell Kansas and Missouri have passed us up in football.. The administration not giving a **** is why we suck and this new "league" will further illustrate how much of a bottom feeder we are unless we start changing our ways (maybe that's why you guys are pissed off). You either take this or go play minor league football in the Wac or something..

Pac 10: Drop TTech and bring in Nebraska and I'm all for it..

it is now on cbs.sportsline.com, but those guys are practically mentally disabled.

You guys complaining about this cracks me up.. Maybe you are stuck in the 90's or something but CU has very little to offer and if it wasn't for the Denver TV market, we'd be left out of the cold.. Getting away from Texas or OU isn't our problem and isn't going to change our fortunes for the better. Hell Kansas and Missouri have passed us up in football.. The administration not giving a **** is why we suck and this new "league" will further illustrate how much of a bottom feeder we are unless we start changing our ways (maybe that's why you guys are pissed off). You either take this or go play minor league football in the Wac or something..

Drop TTech and bring in Nebraska..

exactly, it is not exactly like we are the prom queen. Thank goodness we are not in the middle of nowhere like ISU or KSU or else we would be talking about our upcoming MWC invite. I really wish CSU was better because it would be cool to have them in the PAC:16 instead of tech.

ummm...why isnt anyone else reporting this...

two options:

1) it is complete bull****;
2) the rivals/orangebloods reporter scooped everyone else.

Until there someone goes on the record, the bigger news stations will only report what is being reported.

Last edited:

Status = Royally Screwed...probably looking at the MWC. KU may have a shot at the Big 10, or the Big East if it doesn't get raided to badly by the Big 10.

This was posted below Parrish's article and I agree wholeheartedly...

"Texas would join the Big Ten before the Pac 10. Better academics, only a one hour time difference instead of two, and more money as well."

sacky are you high texas wont be able to wield that kind of power

That's what a lot of people said in 1993. This is a horrible move for CU. The only thing that would be worse is not making the move. I hate it. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT. The only good that would come from this scenario would be that CU would make more money. Swell. We'd still be sucking hind tit behind the likes of OU (both of them), UT, USC, UCLA, A&M, and OSU. I don't see a lot of upside to this.

That's what a lot of people said in 1993. This is a horrible move for CU. The only thing that would be worse is not making the move. I hate it. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT. The only good that would come from this scenario would be that CU would make more money. Swell. We'd still be sucking hind tit behind the likes of OU (both of them), UT, USC, UCLA, A&M, and OSU. I don't see a lot of upside to this.

Short of going to the WAC or MWC, CU is always going to be sucking someones hind tit, get used to it. CU will never be one of the 5 or 10 Tier I schools in college football short of the random year or two a decade. The additional $10-15m per year this could bring the AD would solve a lot of problems and allow us to compete every year with the Tier II college football schools though, the UCLAs, A&Ms, OSUs, UWs.

Either nut up and sit at the big boy table, or puss out and join a mid major. That's where this is heading.

The world is changing, whether any of us likes it or not.

I'm not a huge fan of bringing the Texas schools over, but you are greatly underestimating the power that the original 8 and especially the LA schools have in keeping balance in a 16 team league. It's not like the Big XII where the majority of the power is already centered around Texas and Oklahoma.

OK, first off, the majority of the schools in the Big 12 are not in Texas. A third of them are, though. Half the schools are not in either Oklahoma or Texas. When the conference first was formed, the thought was that adding in the Texas teams would be good for everybody, but they ended up sucking the life out of all of the original Big 8 save for maybe OU. And lets not fool ourselves here, if not for Bob Stoops, OU would suck just as bad as we do. OU hit the jackpot when they hired him.

Texas is a disease. A cancerous lesion. A virus. They attack healthy conferences and suck them dry. By themselves, they might not be so dangerous. Combine them with OU, OSU, Tech and A&M, they would dramatically alter the Pac 10. Bad move by the Pac, bad move for CU.

I'm hoping one of two things happen. First, this story is a load of bull and there isn't a shred of truth to it. Two, UT has too much to lose by agreeing to such a deal and decides to leverage the invite into an SEC invite and they go there.

In the end, CU is better in this scenario than they would be if they got left at the altar, but only marginally.

Either nut up and sit at the big boy table, or puss out and join a mid major. That's where this is heading.

The world is changing, whether any of us likes it or not.

Dude, this administration wouldn't even fire the most incompetent head coach we've ever had. What makes you think we're prepared to sit at the big boys table? I'd feel better about this move (if it really is a move) if I had at least a little faith in the administration to do what it takes to compete at a high level. I have no such faith.

Two, UT has too much to lose by agreeing to such a deal and decides to leverage the invite into an SEC invite and they go there.

I dont remember where I saw this but, Texas has said they will not entertain SEC invites as their academics are not up to par

OK, first off, the majority of the schools in the Big 12 are not in Texas. A third of them are, though. Half the schools are not in either Oklahoma or Texas. When the conference first was formed, the thought was that adding in the Texas teams would be good for everybody, but they ended up sucking the life out of all of the original Big 8 save for maybe OU. And lets not fool ourselves here, if not for Bob Stoops, OU would suck just as bad as we do. OU hit the jackpot when they hired him.

Texas is a disease. A cancerous lesion. A virus. They attack healthy conferences and suck them dry. By themselves, they might not be so dangerous. Combine them with OU, OSU, Tech and A&M, they would dramatically alter the Pac 10. Bad move by the Pac, bad move for CU.

I'm hoping one of two things happen. First, this story is a load of bull and there isn't a shred of truth to it. Two, UT has too much to lose by agreeing to such a deal and decides to leverage the invite into an SEC invite and they go there.

In the end, CU is better in this scenario than they would be if they got left at the altar, but only marginally.

Once again agree. Texas and the other Texas schools have destroyed one conference (SWC) and are about to do so with another one, the Big 12. If anyone thinks that UT isn't going to be the dominant force if they go to the PAC 16 and this move happens, they are crazy. They will line their pockets once again while other schools suffer.

I think this is absolutely sick and would love it, but Tech makes no sense to me. I still think they need to invite Utah, so they can have 4 divisions:

USC, UCLA, Standford, Cal
Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State
Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Arizona St
Oregon, Oregon St, Washington, Washington State

you can probably switch the arizona and oklahoma schools.

I could get behind that.

Once again agree. Texas and the other Texas schools have destroyed one conference (SWC) and are about to do so with another one, the Big 12. If anyone thinks that UT isn't going to be the dominant force if they go to the PAC 16 and this move happens, they are crazy. They will line their pockets once again while other schools suffer.

History has a funny way of repeating itself. Why the Pac is even considering this move is beyond me. I hope this is all a smokescreen, and there's nothing to it. If faced with a scenario that means we're in a 16-team Pac along with Texas, A&M and OU or scrambling to put together a reasonable facimile of a BCS conference with the likes of *ebraska, KU, Mizzou, KSU, ISU, and a host of BYU, Utah, CSU, Wyoming, Air Force, New Mexico, Tulsa, TCU, Memphis, etc., I think I might actually prefer to take our chances.

Dude, this administration wouldn't even fire the most incompetent head coach we've ever had. What makes you think we're prepared to sit at the big boys table? I'd feel better about this move (if it really is a move) if I had at least a little faith in the administration to do what it takes to compete at a high level. I have no such faith.

well doesn't that just kill your whole Texas argument? The administration is the reason why we suck, not the greatness of Texas.

Short of going to the WAC or MWC, CU is always going to be sucking someones hind tit, get used to it. CU will never be one of the 5 or 10 Tier I schools in college football short of the random year or two a decade. The additional $10-15m per year this could bring the AD would solve a lot of problems and allow us to compete every year with the Tier II college football schools though, the UCLAs, A&Ms, OSUs, UWs.

For CU to get a bump up in status, just merge w/ CSU.
Little Bro gets to cheer with, instead of against, the state flagship.
The collective Colorado University approaches big boy size, gets a bump in alumni size and donations. There is and an infusion of fans into the stadium. A pooled AD allows for the collective school to consider baseball, gymnastics, swimming, and allows for a bigger budget for coaching salaries.

This is how CU might raise itself from a pretender to a contender in the 16Pac.

Sell off all the crappy CSU departments to Devry of UNC to keep up some semblence of academic integrity.

Badabing. Badaboom.

well doesn't that just kill your whole Texas argument? The administration is the reason why we suck, not the greatness of Texas.

AAAAIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!

I'm not getting through to you, am I? We suck because of our administration, but we're handicapped because of our affiliation with Texas. It wouldn't matter how much our administration was committed to winning because UT will ALWAYS outspend us. ALWAYS. If we build the most fabulous facilities on the face of the Earth, UT will build them a little bigger and a little better. If we pay our head coach $5MM, they'll pay theirs $10MM. It's a race we cannot possibly hope to win.

Pac 10: Drop TTech and bring in Nebraska and I'm all for it..

right on Jimmy!!

PAC 16 PAC 16 PAC 16!!!

AAAAIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!

I'm not getting through to you, am I? We suck because of our administration, but we're handicapped because of our affiliation with Texas. It wouldn't matter how much our administration was committed to winning because UT will ALWAYS outspend us. ALWAYS. If we build the most fabulous facilities on the face of the Earth, UT will build them a little bigger and a little better. If we pay our head coach $5MM, they'll pay theirs $10MM. It's a race we cannot possibly hope to win.

What a negative Nancy.

What a negative Nancy.

Is he wrong though? It's a combination of a lack of administrative support and support from boosters, combined with being in a conference that benefits the top two or three programs at the expense of the rest of the members. What could those extra millions yearly do for CU if revenue sharing were equal in the Big 12? It would do quite a bit. CU has tons of potential, but there are a few hurdles to overcome. Being in a conference with Texas and unequal revenue sharing is one of those hurdles

Last edited:
Back