What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 and Big Ten enter inter-league scheduling agreement

Bohn did say that he wouldn't have done this deal if he knew that the Pac-12 was going to happen the way it has. CU's motivation for the RMS no longer exists. To say that both CU and CSU still want this game is not entirely accurate.
In a way, this factoid angers me more. The tea leaves were already rustling with expansion talk when we made this deal.

U guys need to drop it. CU is going to keep playing CSU for the time being unless we start embarrassing them 50-0 year after year and CSU wants out. There is no hard nosed negotiating to be done when both schools want to play each other.

Quit ****ing bitching about CSU and deal with it. At this point CU needs as many possible wins they can get in a season.

I get what you're saying but the fact that I have to buy the CSU game at a higher price than my CU tickets for worse seats really pisses me off. Nothing is going to change for the next 7-8 years so I have to deal with it but I still reserve the right to bitch.

I get what you're saying but the fact that I have to buy the CSU game at a higher price than my CU tickets for worse seats really pisses me off. Nothing is going to change for the next 7-8 years so I have to deal with it but I still reserve the right to bitch.
Yup. Despite Jimmy's conclusory statement, this deal could have been a lot better for CU with very little effort that would have fallen far short of hard ball negotiating.

You definitely reserve the right to bitch, but I think most of us fully agree with you, so what's the point?

Whatever gets us paired up with Nebraska for regular scheduling is fine by me, if this is the ticket.

I don't want CU playing :rip:cornholio:rip: at Mile High. Too many of the inbred ****ers in Colorado and I don't like the idea of splitting the stadium with them. If they want to see the evil red horde in person they can move the **** back.

Larry Scott kind of looks like Michael Scott in the picture from this article.

I wouldn't mind it if the games are all in college stadiums. I think if they chose 3-6 teams to play each year it would give you more room for scheduling and not be cemented to 1 game being against a big 10 foe.

Bohn and CSU care about $$$$$$ not the fans concern.

Again, in a perfect world I would rather see the schools play home and home but again $$$$$ gets in the way of that.

I think it's a great idea.... assuming we drop the in-conference slate to 8. And allowing for the vast majority of games to be played at college stadiums, if not all.
:stupid: Totally agree. We could have some more very memorable games like CU-Michigan in the future, more national exposure on a regular basis, maybe even opens up Big 10 territory for recruiting (we are already getting a few from Big 10 territory). Of course I am the eternal optimist.

U guys need to drop it. CU is going to keep playing CSU for the time being unless we start embarrassing them 50-0 year after year and CSU wants out. There is no hard nosed negotiating to be done when both schools want to play each other.

Quit ****ing bitching about CSU and deal with it. At this point CU needs as many possible wins they can get in a season.

First time JB actually complains about OTHER people bitching. It's like Kizla telling people to stop being so pessimistic.

If we stop bitching nothing will change!

I guess I angered all the readers of the Denver Post in regards to this article

Whatever gets us paired up with Nebraska for regular scheduling is fine by me, if this is the ticket.

boo-this-man.gif

This is the end of the CSU series. With 10 games decided by the conference, there's no way CU can guarantee 6 games in Boulder while continuing to play CSU in Denver. CU will only control 2 games per year and a majority of those will have to be in Boulder. I see a lot of one game cupcakes, a few 2 for 1 deals with tougher cupcakes, and the odd 1 for 1 with legitimate contenders to fill out those 2 dates. CSU does not fit into that puzzle unless they agree to 2 games in Boulder vs. 1 in Denver (or their new palace in the Fort in 2020.)

From other sites I have been reading and knowing someone in the Athletic department this idea of having a neutral site game is not something that will be happening for all schools. It was more of a thought to get maybe one or two of the interconference games at a acceptable neutral site. I think that basically means nothing is gonna happen for CU. They are gonna do things like put Michigan, OSU or Penn State vs Oregon, Cal or USC in a site like the Rose Bowl or maybe Indy. Honestly I bet part of the goal of the Big10 doing this is to get exposure in Cali for recruiting purposes. So I am guessing they are wanting to schedule one of the Big10 big boys against any cali school and it wouldn't shock me if they wanted to play the game in cali most years. And with CSU already being neutral site I don't think Bohn would be stupid enough to commit CU to playing another neutral site game. Having only 4-5 games at Folsom is unacceptable and I am sure Bohn would not do that. What I do think this means is there is a descent good chance that CU and NU would request to play each other on a regular basis (maybe every other year or something). The only part about the Big12 I miss was our annual game with the corn.... and if this gets us the ability to play them every few years I am all for it. Yes it does eliminate our flexibility in scheduling.... but lets be honest is there anyone you would rather go to Folsom and see than Nebraska? And I think it also opens up the opportunity for us to dump CSU in a few years. As for that one other game we would have every year..... I think it should be a semi-cupcake. I don't wanna go to Boulder to us take on teams like North Texas or La Lafayette etc. But I think playing a team like Fresno St or one of the lesser Big East or SEC schools like Vanderbilt would be great. Winnable game and still a big enough program that it is fun to watch.

I don't know, I can't see UM/OSU/PSU/etc. giving up a home game to go to a smaller pro stadium. I could see Cal or Stanford playing in the new 49ers stadium, or maybe the Illinois schools playing at Soldier Field, but not one of the teams with huge stadiums.

Well since they are choosing to have games in NFL stadiums I guess that means my Ducks are ****ed. I mean the closest NFL stadium is probably Seattle and last time the Ducks played there the Ducks fans were outnumbered by Husky fans who attended the game just to boo and throw **** at the players lol

This is the end of the CSU series. With 10 games decided by the conference, there's no way CU can guarantee 6 games in Boulder while continuing to play CSU in Denver. CU will only control 2 games per year and a majority of those will have to be in Boulder. I see a lot of one game cupcakes, a few 2 for 1 deals with tougher cupcakes, and the odd 1 for 1 with legitimate contenders to fill out those 2 dates. CSU does not fit into that puzzle unless they agree to 2 games in Boulder vs. 1 in Denver (or their new palace in the Fort in 2020.)

14-game regular season. Problem solved.

That's where this whole thing is headed. Probably 16 games before it's all said and done.

14-game regular season. Problem solved.

That's where this whole thing is headed. Probably 16 games before it's all said and done.

They'll probably go to 13 at first. 2 game jump is a big move.

If that happens I could see the Pac 12 going to 10 conference games to balance out the h/a for every season for the conference teams.

They'll probably go to 13 at first. 2 game jump is a big move.

If that happens I could see the Pac 12 going to 10 conference games to balance out the h/a for every season for the conference teams.

I don't see it that way. I think that the SEC moving to 14 teams is going to put a lot of pressure on the NCAA to bump it to 14 games. A 2-game jump isn't really that big. One gets added at the beginning of the year, one at the end. Hardly noticeable, except to the bottom line of the schools, networks and conferences. They may take away the Hawaii exemption with the move to 14 games, though.

Bohn and CSU care about $$$$$$ not the fans concern.

Again, in a perfect world I would rather see the schools play home and home but again $$$$$ gets in the way of that.

Don't know if you opened your blinders lately, but Invesco is a graveyard. CU is going to make more at home than at Invesco, especially because it will probaby sell out at home. CSU ticket sales to the game are a joke. The money is actually what will probably make this series have to change if not end.

Don't know if you opened your blinders lately, but Invesco is a graveyard. CU is going to make more at home than at Invesco, especially because it will probaby sell out at home. CSU ticket sales to the game are a joke. The money is actually what will probably make this series have to change if not end.

CU and CSU get a guarantee for showing up at Invesco I believe regardless if their is 10 fans or 72000. They make more having the game there than at their home stadiums. The tickets are Invesco or whoever is running the show in Denver problem not CSU/CU.

Sort of... CU includes the Invesco game as a part of the season ticket package. As a season ticket holder, there's no getting out of buying that ticket. When CU has six true home games plus the Invesco game, it's a windfall to the AD.

I'm hoping that enough CU fans just stop going that Bohn is forced to accept the simple fact that the game in Denver is not appealing to most CU fans.

Back