1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pac-12 athletic director salaries

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Mar 12, 2013.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Ted Miller

[​IMG]UCLA's Dan Guerrero is the Pac-12's top paid athletic director, according to recently released figures from USA Today, while Colorado's Mike Bohn ranked last in the conference among the public schools that are required to disclose salaries.The salaries for Stanford’s Bernard Muir or USC’s Pat Haden are unavailable because they work for private schools.Vanderbilt's David Williams tops the list at $3.24 million, but he's a special case.

Originally posted by ESPN.com - Pac-12 Blog
    Click here to view the article.

2. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

:popcorn:

3. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

you get what you pay for

4. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

Probably one reason Bohn hasn't been fired. He's cheap, if you want to get a good AD, you'll have to pay significantly more. And I'm not even a Bohn detractor or as bad as some. I think he's done some good things.

5. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Speaking in aggregate terms, Bohn has been a pretty good AD IMO. He got the AD financially stable and profitable, we switched into the PAC 12 under his watch, the men's and women's bball teams are nationally relevant programs, the volleyball team is doing some good things just to name a few. Ultimately though, it all comes down to football and that's where his legacy will lie.

Also, didn't Bohn take a sizeable pay cut due to the financial situation in the AD?

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I can make a long list of Mike Bohn accomplishments.

But at a certain point they become irrelevant if CU Football remains at the lowest point in its history.

7. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I'd say that certain point is about 1.5 years from today.

8. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

Pretty much, I'd say at most schools similar to CU, football accounts for 80% of his success. Short of turning this into Kentucky, it's not dramatically changing.