What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Bracketology

Would you rather have:

• CU as #4 seed and a first round bye

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • CU as #5 seed and a game against USC

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
One other thing I want to point out -- the win we gain in playing USC would have to be sacrificed by losing to Oregon. So it's a break even thing. I'd rather have the win over the team that doesn't blow goats in the RPI.

My only reason for thinking the #5 seed might not be a bad thing is the way this team struggles on the road. A virtual warm-up game against U$C to work out some of the road/tourney jitters before taking on a team like whOregon could be good for this team. We've got some kids who don't even have the experience of last year's Big XII tourney under their belts, and I have a feeling nerves could be a problem in their first tourney game.

That said I would much rather sweep next weekend and let the chips (no pun intended) fall where they may.

I haven't paid close enough attention to know if the #5 seed means we lose one of these two upcoming games. I suppose it does. I'd much rather win these next two games and head into the tournament with some momentum.

I want them to bring home some new nets from the staples center, the best way to do that is to get the first round bye.

One other thing I want to point out -- the win we gain in playing USC would have to be sacrificed by losing to Oregon. So it's a break even thing. I'd rather have the win over the team that doesn't blow goats in the RPI.

Win over Ore would be on the road, USC would be semi-neutral at best.

At first I thought the 5 seed would be better just to get the extra win against USC, but now that I re-thought it the 4 would be better because a win over USC won't do anything to boost our resume anyway, plus it would look much better to say we finished in the top 4 and get the bye.

Back