What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Bubble Watch Comparison

How Many PAC-12 Teams Make The Tourney?

Votes: 3 4.5%

Votes: 50 75.8%

Votes: 13 19.7%

• Total voters
I'm buying three teams. I 100% agree on JimmyBuffs thoughts that's what it'll take for CU to get in. I don't think Oregon survives their final seven. I think AZ has the best shot (not me being a homer). Their final 7 are against teams with a combined 31-44 record. The Buffs have a great opportunity to beat some quality opponents (AZ, Cal, Stan, Ore). 3-1 in those four and holding against the others could do it.

Three baby. 34 days til Selection Sunday.

I'm buying three teams. I 100% agree on JimmyBuffs thoughts that's what it'll take for CU to get in. I don't think Oregon survives their final seven. I think AZ has the best shot (not me being a homer). Their final 7 are against teams with a combined 31-44 record. The Buffs have a great opportunity to beat some quality opponents (AZ, Cal, Stan, Ore). 3-1 in those four and holding against the others could do it.

Three baby. 34 days til Selection Sunday.

I can't rule that out. I think we're all in agreement that Cal's in the tourney, right? Short of an implosion, they're in. I think Washington and Arizona are fighting for the second spot (I really like AZ's odds. They're getting hot and could win the auto-bid) with the loser having an outside shot due to "name recognition".

Bracketology has us as the 5th team outside the tourney. We definitely can play ourselves into the tourney

Bracketology has us as the 5th team outside the tourney. We definitely can play ourselves into the tourney

This is still a young team and while it's exciting right now, there's still a ways to go. People seem to be glossing over the fact that we've had a pretty favorable schedule up to this point.....now it gets interesting. Really have a hard time seeing us winning more than 4 of these last 7. Zona and Oregon are almost sure losses, and I think they'll hit at least one more stumbling block along the way, either Cal/Stanford or maybe even OSU, for some reason that game concerns me.

With how weak the conference is that won't be enough for an at-large.

If CU can go at least 4-3 in the last 7 and win one or two games in the tourney they should be in.

I think the PAC will get 3 teams, unless there are 2 or 3 upsets in some of the other conference tourneys forcing auto bids for teams that otherwise would not get in.

If CU can go at least 4-3 in the last 7 and win one or two games in the tourney they should be in.

I think the PAC will get 3 teams, unless there are 2 or 3 upsets in some of the other conference tourneys forcing auto bids for teams that otherwise would not get in.

I don't think that will get it done. We need road and neutral wins badly. Gonna need to get all the road wins we can get from here on out and definitely more than one win in the pac 12 tourney.

I don't think that will get it done. We need road and neutral wins badly. Gonna need to get all the road wins we can get from here on out and definitely more than one win in the pac 12 tourney.

Agreed, going 4-3 isn't going to get it done (I don't think 5-2 gets it done either). 4-3 means probable losses to CAL, Arizona and either Oregon or Stanford. If CU goes 4-3 they aren't going to to jump up in the RPI at all.

I love the Buffs, but I'll see them again this year at the;

madison-square-garden.jpg

I get the feeling reading some of the early Bubble-watch type sites that Cal seems to be the only pac 12 team that has a decent chance to get in as a at-large right now.

I hate to say it, but I think we have to sweep this road trip (Arizona, Arizona st and Utah) in order to even have a shot at making the tourney without winning the conference tourney.

Let's face it. In order to get in the tourney, we are going to need a series of very un-bufflike road performances. I'd love to see it, but I just dunno. To win on the road you need to be able to shoot free throws which is something that the buffs have not consistently been able to do. It sucks, and I do hope I am very wrong, but I see a disappointing end to this season. Prove me wrong, Buffs.

if Lunardi wrote for anyone other than ESPN, he'd be FAR from the opinion leader.

anyway, we win some games we might sniff the bubble. not sold on 3 Pac teams, or any in the Sweet 16.

I remember a few years ago when Arizona got in with some record like 19-11, and got to the sweet 16. Sometimes you have no idea what the committee will do.

Like take a team like USC over a team that beat a #5 seed on three different occasions along with beating a #4 seed....

The committee sucks and they play favorites. Just part of the drama of march though.

I updated everything on the sheet, (some of last Saturday's late games weren't updated previously on realtimerpi.com). I also added the KenPom rankings and the RPI forecast + Kenpom rankings per Goose's post.

If we go 5-2 (losses to Zona and O) I think we actually may have a decent shot at the dance. Cal would be our signature win (assuming they stay on top until we face them) as a top 50 RPI. Stanford and Cal would give us 5 Quality wins over top 100 teams. We cannot lose to ASU, Utah, or OSU. That will end it.

If we go 5-2 (losses to Zona and O) I think we actually may have a decent shot at the dance. Cal would be our signature win (assuming they stay on top until we face them) as a top 50 RPI. Stanford and Cal would give us 5 Quality wins over top 100 teams. We cannot lose to ASU, Utah, or OSU. That will end it.

I think we still need to see one big road win to be in serious consideration. Either 'Zona or Oregon would qualify. I think it takes 6-1 to get in. If the game at Cal hadn't slipped away, I think 5-2 would do it.

Also, I still don't understand how Cal's RPI is so high. They've played two top opponents (UNLV and Mizzou) and were run out of the gym by both. They lost to the Wildcats at home, though they do have a few nice wins against UCLA, CU, and at Washington and Oregon. Not too much different than beating Washington, 'Zona, and Oregon, imo, other than the road wins, especially after they lose in Boulder.

I think we still need to see one big road win to be in serious consideration. Either 'Zona or Oregon would qualify. I think it takes 6-1 to get in. If the game at Cal hadn't slipped away, I think 5-2 would do it.

Also, I still don't understand how Cal's RPI is so high. They've played two top opponents (UNLV and Mizzou) and were run out of the gym by both. They lost to the Wildcats at home, though they do have a few nice wins against UCLA, CU, and at Washington and Oregon. Not too much different than beating Washington, 'Zona, and Oregon, imo, other than the road wins, especially after they lose in Boulder.

Cal probably has to be a win, regardless. HAVE to get an RPI top 50 win or our resume is going to get skewered.

Back