What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 Coaching Carousel

ASU still hot on Sumlin's trail...

EDIT: Reports out of Tempe Sumlin has been offered the job....

Last edited:
Joe Schad reporting Petersen has declined the UCLA job

schadjoe Joe Schad

UCLA inquired about Boise State coach Chris Petersen but the school has been told he will not be a candidate

Joe Schad reporting Petersen has declined the UCLA job

schadjoe Joe Schad

UCLA inquired about Boise State coach Chris Petersen but the school has been told he will not be a candidate

UCLA could get desperate here. I still think they will hire Ken Norton but if they have a lot of cash to throw around a mediocre coach might get paid a lot of money to go coach there who's a semi-big name.

Maybe UCLA will try and get Mark Richt

Part of the problem is there are very few hot up can coming coaches/coordinators with west coast ties. The demise of the Mountain West means that trend will likely continue. I think they will likely look to the NFL...in not former HC maybe a young hot coordinator like a Gruden or Shanahan (the younger brother/son versions).

Boise says Petersen will not be allowed to talk to UCLA.

while i'm convinced petersen has no interest in ucla and will stay where he is, boise is full of **** if they think they can prohibit petersen from talking with any school. there's this little thing called the 13th amendment to the us constitution that abolished slavery and involuntary servitude.

while i'm convinced petersen has no interest in ucla and will stay where he is, boise is full of **** if they think they can prohibit petersen from talking with any school. there's this little thing called the 13th amendment to the us constitution that abolished slavery and involuntary servitude.
Except his services are under contract and he may have a clause that allows the school to grant permission to talk to other schools. I know the players in the NFL and coaches are under the same type on contract.

fUCLA could be looking at Jack Del Rio, recently canned by Jax. Maybe he brings Dirk Koetter with him. Whiffing on Petersen hurts...

I think UCLA should go after the guy who preceeded Peterson at Boise. That guy was funny. He was always quick with a witty zen quote, too. And he had a great haircut.

ASU apparently giving up their pursuit of Sumlin as Aggie has loaded up the pick up truck with cabbage to dump on Sumlin....

UCLA could get desperate here. I still think they will hire Ken Norton but if they have a lot of cash to throw around a mediocre coach might get paid a lot of money to go coach there who's a semi-big name.

Maybe UCLA will try and get Mark Richt

Richt isn't going anywhere.

Now that he has led the Bulldogs to their fourth SEC Championship game and seventh season of 10 or more wins in 11 seasons as Georgia’s coach, a contract extension for Richt seems imminent and in the very near future. The contact period for recruiting began on this week and UGA administrators aren’t likely to send Richt out on the road with a contract of fewer than four or five years.

http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blo...ach-mark-richt/?cxntfid=blogs_uga_sports_blog

i dont get it. richt is a fine coach as displayed by his winning over the years but, he will never, ever get uga to the bcs title game. his tenure has been just a series of losses in one or two games, win the rest but make sure your out of serious MNC talk before you play really well.

i know its tough to fire a coach with that amount of wins but given the time span that he has been there....? is it not time to move on? uga might have to take a step or two back to take the step forward that they really want and need to in the sec.

im not saying im totally opposed to the idea, it just makes me scratch my head a bit. hell, the guy lost to hawkins. almost twice! ****, that.... well... i will let a dead horse..... do what ever it does. decompose, i guess.

Except his services are under contract and he may have a clause that allows the school to grant permission to talk to other schools. I know the players in the NFL and coaches are under the same type on contract.

These rumors that Peterson might have interest in leaving have the whiff of truth to me. When we hear that UCLA is told by someone other than Peterson that he has no interest, that too smells of Peterson's employer running interference. While we don't know what restrictions Peterson's contract with Boise contains, in general you can not physically prevent an employee from leaving. The contract may contain monetary penalties, forfeiture of accrued bonuses, etc., but in this country you can't actually force someone to work for you. Moreover when an employer begin pushing those levers to keep an employee, they just poison the well in the long run. It might work to keep the employee in the short run, but in the long run you've just antagonized the very person you wanted to keep.

i dont get it. richt is a fine coach as displayed by his winning over the years but, he will never, ever get uga to the bcs title game. his tenure has been just a series of losses in one or two games, win the rest but make sure your out of serious MNC talk before you play really well.

i know its tough to fire a coach with that amount of wins but given the time span that he has been there....? is it not time to move on? uga might have to take a step or two back to take the step forward that they really want and need to in the sec.

im not saying im totally opposed to the idea, it just makes me scratch my head a bit. hell, the guy lost to hawkins. almost twice! ****, that.... well... i will let a dead horse..... do what ever it does. decompose, i guess.

I think Richt is capable of getting UGA a national championship. When you have six top 10 finishes in your first 10 years somewhere, you stand a decent shot of having a year where the bounces go your way and you win a national title. The guy is not a Jim Donnan

Jim Mora, Jr., Mariucci and Tom Cable now on fUCLA's list...this may be the weirdest BCS HC search to watch....

Pat Hill gets fired at Fresno. Hope he doesnt go to CSU, he is a solid coach. Good for us considering we have a game there this year and they will be starting over.

Pat Hill gets fired at Fresno. Hope he doesnt go to CSU, he is a solid coach. Good for us considering we have a game there this year and they will be starting over.

I kind of wouldn't mind. The dude had a decent setup at Fresno with Cali recruiting in his backyard, and won't be able to replicate that success at CSU. Plus, you think Embree and EB remember 2001? Payback will be a bitch.

I kind of wouldn't mind. The dude had a decent setup at Fresno with Cali recruiting in his backyard, and won't be able to replicate that success at CSU. Plus, you think Embree and EB remember 2001? Payback will be a bitch.
Thats true. I doubt they even look his way anyway.

I'm a pretty big believer in the notion that says you should have a decent idea of who you are going to hire before you fire the guy you have. Bill Callahan was hired at nebraska after they went through something like 10 guys who told them "no". Sounds like something similar is going on here.
Yup, this seems like a fantastic example of a coaching search that ends up with an NFL retread.

Back