What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 countdown

58 days to go!

This is going to be an awesome day due to the new Pac-12 TV deal. The Big 12 is no longer visible in the rearview mirror.

We got a couple of good players who wore #58 for the Buffs:

Mark Fenton, C
Ryan Johanningmeier, OG/T

Since I was away on the east coast during college during his days, I would just go with Fenton in this case. We have had many good OL over the years and are blessed to have quite that number of recruits every year in Colorado.

57 days to go!

CU greats that wore #57

Jeff Lee, LB
Dave Perini; DT
Steve Sidwell, LB
Bob Simpson, OT

Did you know the Utah Utes have a countdown timer leading up to the day we join the Pac-10? It's showing 56 days to go and will be soon be 55 days...it's possible that they are using June 30 as the day but that is the day both CU and Utah leave their conferences and our membership is effective July 1st. I will be happy to follow that timer. I wish the CU site would do something like that.

The best CU players to wear #56 are

Tyronee Bussey, DE
Don Karnoscak, LB/C
Bill Roe, LB
Ron Woolfork, LB

As for #55

Don Fairbanks, LB/DT
Brian McCabe, LB
Ryan Olson, DT
Bart Roth, LB
Bill Scribner, C
Jim Uhlir, C

Last edited:
With all due respect to Tiger, but Woolfork has to be the best #56 - all-time Buff sack leader

It seems like the timer on Utah's site laps at noon so it shows just under 55 days to go so 54 more days to go!

CU greats that wore #54:

PeteBrock, C
Marcus Burton, ILB
RockyMartin, LB
SeanTufts, ILB

I think this is pretty obvious and the best player to wear that number was Tufts.

It seems like the timer on Utah's site laps at noon so it shows just under 55 days to go so 54 more days to go!

CU greats that wore #54:

PeteBrock, C
Marcus Burton, ILB
RockyMartin, LB
SeanTufts, ILB

I think this is pretty obvious and the best player to wear that number was Tufts.

Tufts was da MAN!

CU greats that wore #54:

PeteBrock, C
Marcus Burton, ILB
RockyMartin, LB
SeanTufts, ILB

All of the above were pretty good players, though Pete Brock was a first-team All-American (Sporting News) in 1975.
Brock was a first-round NFL pick in 1976, going to the New England Patriots with the No. 12 overall pick. Overall, he played 12 seasons in the NFL, and played in 154 games in his NFL career.

All of the above were pretty good players, though Pete Brock was a first-team All-American (Sporting News) in 1975.
Brock was a first-round NFL pick in 1976, going to the New England Patriots with the No. 12 overall pick. Overall, he played 12 seasons in the NFL, and played in 154 games in his NFL career.

Montana taking the kids to school.

Going to be early on 53 days to go but here we go:

Buff greats that wore #53

Larry Ferraro, C
Kevin Hood, LB
Walt Klinker, C
Adam Reed, C

Those names doesn't seem too familiar...I guess time for another session from MontanaBuff.

Larry Ferraro, C
Kevin Hood, LB
Walt Klinker, C
Adam Reed, C

Those names doesn't seem too familiar...I guess time for another session from MontanaBuff.

None of the players really jump out, but I'll go with Adam Reed, as he is the most contemporary of the four. Reed was a three-year letterman from 1996-98. A transfer from Northwestern, Reed, originally from Boulder high, started all 12 games at center in 1996, then started the first nine games of 1997 before suffering sprained knee ligaments against Iowa State, missing the final two games of the season. Reed suffered a biceps muscle tear in the spring of 1998, and only started two games his senior season.

One thing the other three players had in common - Larry Ferraro was a center (1963-65); Kevin Hood was a linebacker (1980-82) and Walt Klinker was a center (1959-61) - aside from each of the three being three-year lettermen. All three played at 200 pounds ... certainly a sign of how things have changed over the years (Adam Reed, for example, played at 290 pounds).

So, the real question is: Why is it that when I gain weight, it's considered to be a bad thing? :huh:

Larry Ferraro, C
Kevin Hood, LB
Walt Klinker, C
Adam Reed, C

Greg Biekert wasn't bad.

24 guys have worn #53 over the years

Harry Humphrey - '36-'37
Bob Barnes - '40-'41
Harry Allen - '42-'43
Mel Warner - '55-'58
Walt Klinker - '59-'60
Larry Ferraro - '63-'66
Jerry Witte - '66-'69
Tom Bevans - '71-'73
John Kormylo - '74-'75
Mike Tope - '75-'79
Stan Browder - '79-'80
Kevin Hood - '80-'83
Miles Kosayangi - '84-'86
Gary Lamarr - '86-'88
Greg Biekert - '88-'90 (In '91 he changed to #19 for some reason. Anyone know why?)
Jason Robinson - '90-'92
Roger Smith - '93-'93
Adam Reed - '96-'98
Joel Harris - '98-'00
Geoff Whitaker - '01-'03
Ben Kenney - '03-'04
Abraham Wright - '04-'07 (He was pretty good)
Kevin Cooney - '07-'08
Ryan Dannewitz - '08-'12

I'll never do this again! :lol:

Last edited:
DBT, nice find. I didn't know that Biekert wore #53 but it did suck watching him play for the Raiders. I did see him signing autographs in his hometown mall when that mall wasn't the dump it is right now. Westminster Mall will have a date with the wrecking ball and Twin Peaks probably isn't far behind.

DBT, nice find. I didn't know that Biekert wore #53 but it did suck watching him play for the Raiders. I did see him signing autographs in his hometown mall when that mall wasn't the dump it is right now. Westminster Mall will have a date with the wrecking ball and Twin Peaks probably isn't far behind.

Shows how old I am. I framed a jewlry store in The Twin Peaks Mall when it was under construction. :scared2:

Greg Biekert wasn't bad.

24 guys have worn #53 over the years

Harry Humphrey - '36-'37
Bob Barnes - '40-'41
Harry Allen - '42-'43
Mel Warner - '55-'58
Walt Klinker - '59-'60
Larry Ferraro - '63-'66
Jerry Witte - '66-'69
Tom Bevans - '71-'73
John Kormylo - '74-'75
Mike Tope - '75-'79
Stan Browder - '79-'80
Kevin Hood - '80-'83
Miles Kosayangi - '84-'86
Gary Lamarr - '86-'88
Greg Biekert - '88-'90 (In '91 he changed to #19 for some reason. Anyone know why?)
Jason Robinson - '90-'92
Roger Smith - '93-'93
Adam Reed - '96-'98
Joel Harris - '98-'00
Geoff Whitaker - '01-'03
Ben Kenney - '03-'04
Abraham Wright - '04-'07 (He was pretty good)
Kevin Cooney - '07-'08
Ryan Dannewitz - '08-'12

I'll never do this again! :lol:
Gotta go with Whitaker. Anyone who holds a top 10 Kodiak dropped with a bow is a bad ass.

Totally off subject, but the Twin Peaks Mall is on it's very last legs. Occupancy is probably right around 20% now. The owner wants big tax incentives to redevelop. The city isn't willing to do that. It's too expensive to condemn. My best guess is that it'll take a combination of the city willing to give a little on incentives and a new buyer coming in with a different plan to get the are redeveloped. It's in a good spot. All the stuff around the mall does really well. It's the mall itself that is having problems.

Totally off subject, but the Twin Peaks Mall is on it's very last legs. Occupancy is probably right around 20% now. The owner wants big tax incentives to redevelop. The city isn't willing to do that. It's too expensive to condemn. My best guess is that it'll take a combination of the city willing to give a little on incentives and a new buyer coming in with a different plan to get the are redeveloped. It's in a good spot. All the stuff around the mall does really well. It's the mall itself that is having problems.

One negative about if they did tear down Twin Peaks is that it would give Wal-Mart incentive to build a new large Wal-Mart and then abandon the current Wal-Mart that is near Twin Peaks. Target did the same thing on Colfax Avenue in Lakewood between Simms and Kipling after they put in a new Super Target at Colorado Mills mall.

I think I'd do the same thing if I was the owner of that mall.

One negative about if they did tear down Twin Peaks is that it would give Wal-Mart incentive to build a new large Wal-Mart and then abandon the current Wal-Mart that is near Twin Peaks.

ummmmm, yeah... they already did that... :lol:

ummmmm, yeah... they already did that... :lol:

:lol: I haven't been around Hickmont much. :lol:

Back on track: 51 more days to go!

Buff greats that wore #51:

Tom Ashworth, OT
Billie Drake, LB
Terry Irvin, LB
Dick Melin, OG
Roy Shepherd, LB
Rich Umphrey, C

Since we are in range of basketball uniform numbers, any Buff hoopster greats that wore 51?

Sorry ladies that I am late for updating this thread.

50 days to go!

Buff greats that wore #50:

Tony Berti, OT
Cleon Braun, LB
William McDonald, OC
Dan McMillen, LB

Sorry ladies that I am late for updating this thread.

50 days to go!

Buff greats that wore #50:

Tony Berti, OT
Cleon Braun, LB
William McDonald, OC
Dan McMillen, LB

I would go with Tony Berti as well. First-team All Big Eight in 1994, and an honorable mention All-American. :congrats:
The last of ten (10!) Buffs selected in the 1995 draft, Berti had a four-year NFL career with San Diego and Seattle.

Back