1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pac-12 MBB Week 3

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by NashBuff, Jan 14, 2013.

1. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Wednesday January 16
    Utah at WSU
    CU at UW

Thursday January 17
    OSU at UCLA
    UO at USC

Saturday January 19
    UA @ ASU
    UO @ UCLA
    OSU @ USC
    CU @ WSU
    Utah @ UW
    Cal @ Stanford

This is an important week for the Buffs...they need to win at least one game to make up for the UCLA loss last Saturday. If the Buffs go 0-2 on the Washington swing, the only way CU goes to the NCAAs is to repeat what they did last season in the Pac-12 tourney and I don't think that would be successful this year.

Oregon State needs to win at USC when they can otherwise the Beavers will have a 0-5 conference record. Will Utah recover from that loss at home to USC? Can WSU sweep their home games this week?

Oregon at UCLA will be a big one this week and so will UA-ASU...could ASU knock UA off in Tempe?

I really hope Larry Scott never tries to change the Pac-12 conference scheduling format...it works very well since you would know which region is playing which region this week.

2. jwhite17

jwhite17 Member

CU MUST win one road game this week to recover from its terrible start or end up 1-5. Even though Washington is playing better, they are definitely beatable at home this year (lost to Albany and CSU) and so is Wash State.

We don't have any gimmies this year, so Boyle needs to change something because our road woes are starting to get a little annoying.

If Lappe can get her team to play well on the road, Boyle should be able to do the same.

I wish I could confidently predict a road victory against average to below average teams (Wash State for example), but under Boyle, I can't even do that.

3. NashBuff

What gives me hope for CU at UW is that CSU decked the Huskies in Seattle this year and we had a huge lead against CSU at the Keg but we held CSU off.

I don't know if changing things could make a difference...we just simply forgot how young this team is this year but I have been looking forward to the 2013-14 season for the Buffs for nearly a year.

A sweep of the Washington schools would be awesome but I'm hoping for a split and would be disappointed with a 0-2 showing on the road again. The goal in this conference is to have at least a split on the road and take care of business at home.

4. 89BUFF89

89BUFF89 Well-Known Member

Really hope we can put it together and go 3-1 next 4 games. With this team though, I have a feeling I will be disappointed. Young and inconsistent, with a thin bench. The Charleston games and the win vs. CSU got our hopes up beyond what they should have been I guess. Watching the USC and UCLA games it just seemed like the fire was not there, it was weird...

5. NashBuff

6. WizzersGhost

WizzersGhost Banned BANNED

Agree on the lack of fire or urgency; maybe it was too much early success, allowing for a mindset that the game would come to them, rahter than them seizing it.

7. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Oregon/UCLA is the first game between ranked P12 teams since 2009.

8. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Wish that actually surprised me. Good grief.