What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 MBB Week 3

NashBuff

CSU Knob-Slobberer
Wednesday January 16
Utah at WSU
CU at UW

Thursday January 17
OSU at UCLA
UO at USC

Saturday January 19
UA @ ASU
UO @ UCLA
OSU @ USC
CU @ WSU
Utah @ UW
Cal @ Stanford

This is an important week for the Buffs...they need to win at least one game to make up for the UCLA loss last Saturday. If the Buffs go 0-2 on the Washington swing, the only way CU goes to the NCAAs is to repeat what they did last season in the Pac-12 tourney and I don't think that would be successful this year.

Oregon State needs to win at USC when they can otherwise the Beavers will have a 0-5 conference record. Will Utah recover from that loss at home to USC? Can WSU sweep their home games this week?

Oregon at UCLA will be a big one this week and so will UA-ASU...could ASU knock UA off in Tempe?

I really hope Larry Scott never tries to change the Pac-12 conference scheduling format...it works very well since you would know which region is playing which region this week.

CU MUST win one road game this week to recover from its terrible start or end up 1-5. Even though Washington is playing better, they are definitely beatable at home this year (lost to Albany and CSU) and so is Wash State.

We don't have any gimmies this year, so Boyle needs to change something because our road woes are starting to get a little annoying.

If Lappe can get her team to play well on the road, Boyle should be able to do the same.

I wish I could confidently predict a road victory against average to below average teams (Wash State for example), but under Boyle, I can't even do that.

What gives me hope for CU at UW is that CSU decked the Huskies in Seattle this year and we had a huge lead against CSU at the Keg but we held CSU off.

I don't know if changing things could make a difference...we just simply forgot how young this team is this year but I have been looking forward to the 2013-14 season for the Buffs for nearly a year.

A sweep of the Washington schools would be awesome but I'm hoping for a split and would be disappointed with a 0-2 showing on the road again. The goal in this conference is to have at least a split on the road and take care of business at home.

Really hope we can put it together and go 3-1 next 4 games. With this team though, I have a feeling I will be disappointed. Young and inconsistent, with a thin bench. The Charleston games and the win vs. CSU got our hopes up beyond what they should have been I guess. Watching the USC and UCLA games it just seemed like the fire was not there, it was weird...

Really hope we can put it together and go 3-1 next 4 games. With this team though, I have a feeling I will be disappointed. Young and inconsistent, with a thin bench. The Charleston games and the win vs. CSU got our hopes up beyond what they should have been I guess. Watching the USC and UCLA games it just seemed like the fire was not there, it was weird...[/QUOTE]

I watched the second half of the UCLA game...the fire didn't appear to be there. I guess the boys are still celebrating their Pac-12 Championship.

I still believe next season will be very good for the Buffs...it doesn't appear that Dre is going to be able to leave for the NBA after this season. Regardless of what happens this season, I'm still very happy about how this basketball program has done the last few years which is so much better than the three or five years before Tad came to town.

Really hope we can put it together and go 3-1 next 4 games. With this team though, I have a feeling I will be disappointed. Young and inconsistent, with a thin bench. The Charleston games and the win vs. CSU got our hopes up beyond what they should have been I guess. Watching the USC and UCLA games it just seemed like the fire was not there, it was weird...

Agree on the lack of fire or urgency; maybe it was too much early success, allowing for a mindset that the game would come to them, rahter than them seizing it.

Back