What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Media Day

This is correct. New Good Teams come and go but "Brands" AZ & UCLA don't go away.

What Tad is doing is similar to what Romar did. ( To bad you didn't get to see Romar when he had it rolling )
-Eventually Romar got some 5* recruits. Also Romar thought when Lute left he would be able to replace AZ as the top pac-10 team

Every team when they are rolling think's they are rivals with AZ or UCLA like ( Stanford 90's, Washington 00's, Colorado )
-ANd to some extent they are rivals for a few years

But ultimately the AZ & UCLA feel like they are in the "Blue Blood club"
-So Playing Dook, Kansas, UK, is what is most fun for us ( Conference is just a marginally fun thing in comparison )

I Like what Tad is doing and hope it lasts basketball is fun.

The reason I see the rivalry building and staying between the cats and the buffs is the fact we are so young as a successful basketball program. You all are the first team that we have truly despised in the conference. The cats are the firsts for us when it comes to high stakes drama in almost every match-up. Our fan base has latched on to hating the kitties. I like that. I like that the rivalry while on our end is intense, it is built on respect. We don't like the cats because they are where we wish to be. They are, in the modern era of the pac-10/12, the team to beat. Enjoy the top while it lasts because we are coming for you. Eventually I think even you guys will put aside your blue blood basketball snobbery and join in on the rivalry fun as well.

#Chens3WasGood

This is correct. New Good Teams come and go but "Brands" AZ & UCLA don't go away.

What Tad is doing is similar to what Romar did. ( To bad you didn't get to see Romar when he had it rolling )
-Eventually Romar got some 5* recruits. Also Romar thought when Lute left he would be able to replace AZ as the top pac-10 team

Every team when they are rolling think's they are rivals with AZ or UCLA like ( Stanford 90's, Washington 00's, Colorado )
-ANd to some extent they are rivals for a few years

But ultimately the AZ & UCLA feel like they are in the "Blue Blood club"
-So Playing Dook, Kansas, UK, is what is most fun for us ( Conference is just a marginally fun thing in comparison )

I Like what Tad is doing and hope it lasts basketball is fun.

No offense, but no one confuses Arizona for Kentucky, Duke or Kansas. They're a notch above.

We have more wins against Arizona in the two years in the Pac 12 than we had against Kansas in the previous 15 years in the Big 12.

No offense, but no one confuses Arizona for Kentucky, Duke or Kansas. They're a notch above.

This. Before Lute Olson Arizona was no basketball school. Shows you what a great coach can build.

I also like how Arizona fans get angry when you have the audacity to think you can compete with them. Like we should all have to repeat back to them that we have no chance because they signed more 5-star recruits. As if that made a difference in our wins the last two years.

FYI it takes more than a couple wins to create a rivalry. You have to have sustained success. You can't just trot into our conference and immediately claim a rivalry with Arizona. Does't work like that. UCLA is the only true rival we have.

FYI it takes more than a couple wins to create a rivalry. You have to have sustained success. You can't just trot into our conference and immediately claim a rivalry with Arizona. Does't work like that. UCLA is the only true rival we have.

That's already been said. By Buff fans.

But it's cute how interested you guys are in CU. I'm sure it's not like that on the Utah and Wazzu boards, so we'll take that as a compliment.

That's already been said. By Buff fans.

But it's cute how interested you guys are in CU. I'm sure it's not like that on the Utah and Wazzu boards, so we'll take that as a compliment.

Whatever floats your boat. There was a Buff fan on our board a couple days ago...

Who was picked too low in the Pac-12 preseason standings?

C.L. Brown: If Colorado had the tradition of Arizona and UCLA, the two teams ahead of it, then the Buffaloes likely would have been the team picked to win the league. It's OK; coach Tad Boyle -- armed with a new contract entering his fourth season -- is establishing his own tradition in Boulder. All-Pac-12 guard Spencer Dinwiddie highlights the list of four returning starters that could have Colorado at the top of the standings.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/page/dailyword131018/daily-word
:thumbsup:

I am an Arizona alum - who came over here today after spouting my platonic love of DinWiddie on the PGU board and realizing I hadn't come over here in forever.

Anyway, being said - the above quote is pretty absurd. Now, Colorado with the tradition of Arizona/UCLA would be a #2 pick for the P12 (I could UCLA being a big time fail)- but there is no way after losing Roberson and Gordon/Hollis-Jefferson coming into Arizona that Arizona wouldn't be picked #1, tradition be damned.

Anyway - gonna read some more around here real quick - as you were.

www.hoopsnerd.com
https://twitter.com/Hoops_Nerd

For the sake of this conference, I wish you were. Should be embarrassed you let a Big XII struggler come in and take your league in year 1. :nod:
By doing what? Losing in the round of 32? You haven't even made a Sweet 16 since the 60's. You CU fans are funny.

Oh what's that? Who has a longer consecutive NCAA Tournament streak?? That's right :lol:

Please up your game and reduce the drivel or go back to your PG circle jerk.
You're bragging about back to back years of NCAA tournaments? Lets recap those appearances. 2012: 3rd round, 2013: 2nd round. Not sure if you knew this but Arizona made it 25 straight years second only to UNC all time.

By doing what? Losing in the round of 32? You haven't even made a Sweet 16 since the 60's. You CU fans are funny.

Everyone in the Big-8 said similar things to Kansas State when they started to get good in football after being literally the worst team in the country for years. Then they started to beat us.

There's nothing more annoying than the "but we have tradition and you don't!" argument in college sports. As if CU's lack of basketball tradition is going to effect recruiting or our chances to make a tournament run this year.

There's nothing more annoying than the "but we have tradition and you don't!" argument in college sports. As if CU's lack of basketball tradition is going to effect recruiting or our chances to make a tournament run this year.
Believe it or not tradition does affect recruiting.

You're bragging about back to back years of NCAA tournaments? Lets recap those appearances. 2012: 3rd round, 2013: 2nd round. Not sure if you knew this but Arizona made it 25 straight years second only to UNC all time.

You are the most bland troll to ever come around here. Captain literal. Multiple clear comments made in jest -with emoticons to emphasize it since you're thick - and they STILL go over your head. I can't help you.

You're trying to argue with the guy who argued for Arizona being the premier Pac program of the last 30 years. You're trying to argue with the guy who just earlier today in this thread mentioned how competitors come and go in the Pac. Yet still, the fact you're here proves your own insecurity regarding Arizona. You feel the need to "prove" that Arizona is elite. I can't help you with the sleepless nights this gives you. I do, however, highly recommend learning to comprehend sarcasm and humor.

You are the most bland troll to ever come around here. Captain literal. Multiple clear comments made in jest -with emoticons to emphasize it since you're thick - and they STILL go over your head. I can't help you.

You're trying to argue with the guy who argued for Arizona being the premier Pac program of the last 30 years. You're trying to argue with the guy who just earlier today in this thread mentioned how competitors come and go in the Pac. Yet still, the fact you're here proves your own insecurity regarding Arizona. You feel the need to "prove" that Arizona is elite. I can't help you with the sleepless nights this gives you. I do, however, highly recommend learning to comprehend sarcasm and humor.
The only reason I know this site exists or Colorado fans in general exist is because some CU fan came to our site.

Then shouldn't CU football be better? Why are teams like Baylor suddenly relevant in CBB? (aside from the cheating)
Thought we were talking basketball. If you deny that tradition affects recruiting I don't know what to tell you. Its pretty obvious. Sorry your football team can't recruit.

Thought we were talking basketball. If you deny that tradition affects recruiting I don't know what to tell you. Its pretty obvious. Sorry your football team can't recruit but there are exceptions.

Most recruits really don't care. None of the kids being recruited out of high school remember Arizona's national championship, they were either infants or not even alive yet.

Look at Utah, they suck at basketball now. Do you think anybody cares about their 1998 run anymore?

Thought we were talking basketball. If you deny that tradition affects recruiting I don't know what to tell you. Its pretty obvious. Sorry your football team can't recruit.

Tradition only goes so far. It's a factor, but it can be highly overrated. You're right that Arizona's name certainly doesn't hurt it in basketball recruiting, but it's more about Miller & Co being great recruiters than it is success that was largely occurring before the current crop were born or out of diapers.

Most recruits really don't care. None of the kids being recruited out of high school remember Arizona's national championship, they were either infants or not even alive yet.

Look at Utah, they suck at basketball now. Do you think anybody cares about their 1998 run anymore?
I get that. But to say tradition is no factor in recruiting is foolish. Why do you think UCLA and Arizona get the top recruiting classes in the conference nearly every year? Recruits like tradition more than you seem to think.

I get that. But to say tradition is no factor in recruiting is foolish. Why do you think UCLA and Arizona get the top recruiting classes in the conference nearly every year? Recruits like tradition more than you seem to think.
Recency of tradition matters. It fades.

Back