What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Media Day

I get that. But to say tradition is no factor in recruiting is foolish. Why do you think UCLA and Arizona get the top recruiting classes in the conference nearly every year? Recruits like tradition more than you seem to think.

Maybe I read into it incorrectly, but you implied that CU's lack of basketball history will keep us from being a top team in the conference. We're landing the highest number of top 150 recruits in our history. They aren't sitting down and saying "Hmmm well CU doesn't have any Sweet-16's since the 60's, I can't go there and win."

Maybe I read into it incorrectly, but you implied that CU's lack of basketball history will keep us from being a top team in the conference. We're landing the highest number of top 150 recruits in our history. They aren't sitting down and saying "Hmmm well CU doesn't have any Sweet-16's since the 60's, I can't go there and win."
I don't remember saying that. You have to start somewhere.

Here's my take: CU and Arizona have had meaningful games against each other. It might have been a very down year for the Pac, but a tournament bid was on the line in 2011 and CU did enough to end Arizona's season. That hurts. It is something the fans, players and coaches remember the next year

CU had a very emotional loss at Arizona last year. One that took a few games to bounce back from. That hurts too. Didn't end CU's season but certainly effected the season somewhat. That's still a game that hurts, even if CU eventually bounced back and managed to make the tourney.

Is CU/Arizona a huge rivalry now? It could become one, pretty quickly. I like Spencer's attitude. Having the belief that you are the best, is definitely the right approach. When you have two programs that have players that aren't willing to concede anything to anyone it can lead to some very intense games.

Lastly, recruits picks Arizona because they are the premier program in the West. Don't really think their national title has a lot to do with it.

Here's my take: CU and Arizona have had meaningful games against each other. It might have been a very down year for the Pac, but a tournament bid was on the line in 2011 and CU did enough to end Arizona's season. That hurts. It is something the fans, players and coaches remember the next year

CU had a very emotional loss at Arizona last year. One that took a few games to bounce back from. That hurts too. Didn't end CU's season but certainly effected the season somewhat. That's still a game that hurts, even if CU eventually bounced back and managed to make the tourney.

Is CU/Arizona a huge rivalry now? It could become one, pretty quickly. I like Spencer's attitude. Having the belief that you are the best, is definitely the right approach. When you have two programs that have players that aren't willing to concede anything to anyone it can lead to some very intense games.

Lastly, recruits picks Arizona because they are the premier program in the West. Don't really think their national title has a lot to do with it.
Without that national title we don't become the "premier program in the West"

I already said this but a CU UA rivalry has not happened and will not happen until you guys sustain success for longer than 2 years. Making a decent run in March wont hurt either.

I'm going to join the Arizona board and start posting hoping to figure out why they are so obsessed with us.

Stay tuned guys.

I already said this but a CU UA rivalry has not happened and will not happen until you guys sustain success for longer than 2 years. Making a decent run in March wont hurt either.

So we won't be your rivals until we beat a bunch of different teams, preferably in march. Is there some list we can follow. How about Kansas, if we beat them can we be rivals? In the meantime we will continue to trade punches with you in conference games

So we won't be your rivals until we beat a bunch of different teams, preferably in march. Is there some list we can follow. How about Kansas, if we beat them can we be rivals? In the meantime we will continue to trade punches with you in conference games
This season we are a whole different ball club. If CU holds UA to less than a 20 point victory then consider it a step in the right direction.

3rgkol.jpg

This season we are a whole different ball club. If CU holds UA to less than a 20 point victory then consider it a step in the right direction.

Your coach and players feel differently. This season we are a whole different ball club as well.

Enjoy your preseason fantasies, you aren't going 18-0.

LMAO, I heard that EXACT same thing last year. Somehow we keep winning! Do you think Arizona is going undefeated this year? Really?

Please come back here after we beat you in Boulder yet again.

Thanks to the az posters. I see the beginnings of hatred starting to grow in our fans. It will take years to get to fusker levels of hate but I think we have something going here.

By the way, only the elderly, the dirt poor, the borderline special needs, and stripper sun worshippers think Arizona is a nice place to live. What a **** hole. I'd rather live in Death Valley. Or wait... It is just like Death Valley. Basically, if you took Vegas out of Nevada, 85% of that state would suck as bad as Arizona. It must be embarrassing to live somewhere that even Nevada makes fun of.

As far as the az fan trying to pretend that they are somehow equivalent to ucla in basketball, what effin planet do you live on? Here, on earth, duke, Carolina, Kentucky, ucla, and maybe a couple others not named Arizona are the bb royalty. You guys are like the KC chiefs of the p12. A couple great years in the past, and enough close calls to be bitter about how many times the true kings have rung your arses up.

LMAO, I heard that EXACT same thing last year. Somehow we keep winning! Do you think Arizona is going undefeated this year? Really?

Please come back here after we beat you in Boulder yet again.

Unfortunately this is the "hit and run" breed that goes into hiding when things go awry.

Thanks to the az posters. I see the beginnings of hatred starting to grow in our fans. It will take years to get to fusker levels of hate but I think we have something going here.

By the way, only the elderly, the dirt poor, the borderline special needs, and stripper sun worshippers think Arizona is a nice place to live. What a **** hole. I'd rather live in Death Valley. Or wait... It is just like Death Valley. Basically, if you took Vegas out of Nevada, 85% of that state would suck as bad as Arizona. It must be embarrassing to live somewhere that even Nevada makes fun of.

As far as the az fan trying to pretend that they are somehow equivalent to ucla in basketball, what effin planet do you live on? Here, on earth, duke, Carolina, Kentucky, ucla, and maybe a couple others not named Arizona are the bb royalty. You guys are like the KC chiefs of the p12. A couple great years in the past, and enough close calls to be bitter about how many times the true kings have rung your arses up.
Like I said your last Sweet 16 banner is practically an artifact. Colorado is to Arizona what a penny is to a dollar.

Like I said your last Sweet 16 banner is practically an artifact. Colorado is to Arizona what a penny is to a dollar.

What school were you hoping to attend before you accepted your fate and went "safety school"?

We don't claim to have any long storied history but unlike you, we're smart enough not to pretend we are an elite program. I will enjoy our little upstart program kicking your arses up and down the court.

I don't see Arizona as head and shoulders above CU.. certainly not to that extent. Your guard play is going to be a big question mark after Nick Johnson. In theory, Zeus and Ashley should take the next step as players, but we'll see. I like CU's front court and how they could potentially match up

What school were you hoping to attend before you accepted your fate and went "safety school"?

We don't claim to have any long storied history but unlike you, we're smart enough not to pretend we are an elite program. I will enjoy our little upstart program kicking your arses up and down the court.
I understand we are not on the list of top tier blue bloods but we are widely considered a top 10 program of all time. One more title (possibly this season) and that will vault us into the top tier of blue bloods.

You're the premier program because you have been a very consistent program. Players aren't coming to Zona because of your championship, but because your sustained success has made you a great place to go if you want to win.

Personally, don't really care whether Arizona fans acknowledge it as such. Think it is going to be very evident by the fans reactions when CU/Zona play, in both places, that it's seen as a rivalry.

You're the premier program because you have been a very consistent program. Players aren't coming to Zona because of your championship, but because your sustained success has made you a great place to go if you want to win.

Personally, don't really care whether Arizona fans acknowledge it as such. Think it is going to be very evident by the fans reactions when CU/Zona play, in both places, that it's seen as a rivalry.

The fact that we've had numerous Arizona visitors and that their boards have been discussing CU incessantly already shows the seeds are planted.

It's up to us to sustain it.

I understand we are not on the list of top tier blue bloods but we are widely considered a top 10 program of all time. One more title (possibly this season) and that will vault us into the top tier of blue bloods.

Arizona is a fairly decent long shot to win the National Title this year. They have about as good of a shot as Oklahoma State imo.

And widely considered a Top 10 team of all time? That seems like quite a stretch to me. You've had a great 20 years of success, but let's not pretend that college basketball started in 1985. I could be wrong, but I can't imagine anyone outside of Arizona that knows anything about college basketball history, that sees Arizona as a Top 10 program All-Time.

ESPN did a rankings of College Basketball programs all-time a few years back, and you might be surprised to see how low Arizona is on the list

Arizona is a fairly decent long shot to win the National Title this year. They have about as good of a shot as Oklahoma State imo.

And widely considered a Top 10 team of all time? That seems like quite a stretch to me. You've had a great 20 years of success, but let's not pretend that college basketball started in 1985. I could be wrong, but I can't imagine anyone outside of Arizona that knows anything about college basketball history, that sees Arizona as a Top 10 program All-Time.

ESPN did a rankings of College Basketball programs all-time a few years back, and you might be surprised to see how low Arizona is on the list
I think we have a better shot than Oklahoma St. all they have is Marcus Smart. And here is a more current list ESPN put out.
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/tag/_/name/50-in-50-series

Back