What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 media poll released

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Ted Miller

Oregon was picked to win the North Division and USC to win the South in the inaugural Pac-12 media poll.

And the Ducks were tapped to win their third consecutive conference title.

Here's how things stacked up:

North (first-place votes)

1. Oregon (29)... 239

2. Stanford (13)... 220

3. Washington... 142

4. Oregon State... 120

5. California... 110

6. Washington State... 51

South (first-place votes)

1. USC (24) ... 230

2. Arizona State (13)... 207

3. Utah (4)... 170

4. Arizona (1)... 140

5. UCLA ... 89

6. Colorado... 46

Of course, picking USC to win the division doesn't figure in the Pac-12 title game. If this is the correct finish, then Arizona State would play Oregon for the title.

The media poll has picked the correct champion in 27 of the previous 50 poll, including 10 of the last 11. The Ducks were picked to win in 2010. They also won the title in 2009, when USC was the media selection.

Oregon was picked by 28 voters to win the title game. Stanford was picked by 11 and Arizona State by three.

Originally posted by ESPN.com - Pac-10 Blog
Click here to view the article.

Not surprising. We've pretty well sucked the last five years. If I were objective, I'd vote us last, too. I'm not objective, so I think we're better than that, but I can totally understand their reasoning.

It will be interesting to see how Utah handles a more rigorous schedule from week to week.

I am still unconvinced that the USC staff can actually coach.

ASU is talented but can they finally harness it?

U of A could be good.

Oregon is under a cloud of suspicion so it will be interesting to see if anything happens to that staff.

Stanford has talent but a new head coach. Who knows what to expect although their system will remain unchanged.

Lots of uncertainty. It should be an awesome inaugural Pac 12 season!

Back