What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 needs to evaluate

One thing I will say is this is the exact type of game ASU needed to win on the road. Good for them. Won't happen again

I turned it on late in the game and it sounds like Scott got nailed... What exactly happened?

He was fighting in the post and then got hooked and slammed to floor and knocked his head. Looked like a concussion. It's unfortunate that we are not deep enough down low to have someone come in and send a message. Hindsight is 20/20, but I contend that it would have been a good idea to have SHT come in and throw an elbow to let teams know we won't put up with that ****.

Sendek coaches his team to be thugs ****ing joke of a coach

At NCSU, after a win like this at UVA, one of Sendek's players got up on the scoring table and started taunting the fans. It's a trademark of Sendek players. Strange coming from a guy who's the adult Kip Drordy, but it's long been the case.

One thing I will say is this is the exact type of game ASU needed to win on the road. Good for them. Won't happen again

Not sure what they needed it for. They sure as hell aren't making the Big Dance after losing at Utah.

Edit -- unless you were talking about the style of play. This is trademark Sendek. You're correct in that regard.

Liver - exactly.

Or Mayor missing a minute of OT for getting poked in the eye and knocked to the floor on a layup attempt with no call. And Mayor was our only player they gave a call to all night.

Wrestling a guy unconscious isn't a flagrant foul in the P12. What garbage. And this is ASU, bunch of punks. It's not like Duke getting away with it. They have no business getting the benefit of the doubt.

He was fighting in the post and then got hooked and slammed to floor and knocked his head. Looked like a concussion. It's unfortunate that we are not deep enough down low to have someone come in and send a message. Hindsight is 20/20, but I contend that it would have been a good idea to have SHT come in and throw an elbow to let teams know we won't put up with that ****.

I can see why it was originally called on Scott. Not sure on division one replay rules, but after the review, I have no idea why it wasn't at least called a double foul. Both players were swinging for the fences on that particular play. After that, as an official, you get with your crew and tighten down. Call everything. They did the complete opposite. I am dumbfounded on this

I can see why it was originally called on Scott. Not sure on division one replay rules, but after the review, I have no idea why it wasn't at least called a double foul. Both players were swinging for the fences on that particular play. After that, as an official, you get with your crew and tighten down. Call everything. They did the complete opposite. I am dumbfounded on this

Yeah umm no reason to call a foul on Scott. The 7'2" bitch had been giving cheap elbows and **** all game. Scott ended up on the ground knocked out.

Not sure what they needed it for. They sure as hell aren't making the Big Dance after losing at Utah.

Edit -- unless you were talking about the style of play. This is trademark Sendek. You're correct in that regard.
Was talking about style of play. When ASU can't get physical they have no chance. If they meet again in the Pac 12 tourney I can guarantee you it won't happen again

I was too. The team couldn't send a message to the officials because SHT was the only center left. The C-Unit should have stepped up, but they didn't.

I'm always dumbfounded when I see somebody tuck the ball under their arm outside the free throw line and run like a fullback to the rim to make a layup. At least when their name isn't Jordan or LeBron...

I was too. The team couldn't send a message to the officials because SHT was the only center left. The C-Unit should have stepped up, but they didn't.

What the **** is with you ripping on he c-unit they were bringing it all night but the place got crazy after that byshinksi bull****

This turned into prison yard basketball thanks to these officials. Is that what Larry Scott & the PAC-12 wants?

Just stop with this. Tad doesn't coach like this and doesn't want fans like this. We lost but we didn't act like bitches or embarrass the school on ESPN. Nobody is proud for that Nebraska game a few years ago and we don't want a repeat.

Scott's injury - at the very least an uncalled foul, at most a result of the officials losing control.

Dre's offensive game - a direct result of being mugged after getting several offensive rebounds, no call, resulted in turnovers or unable to get the putback up. Also a turnover when Buttchinski should have picked up #5 for hooking Roberson coming down the lane for a dunk. No call.

Lack of fire? That's pretty inexcusable, especially given the number of things they had to be pissed off about.

I agree that they lost control of the game. That is obvious, and that was bad. Don't think that's why we lost tonight though.

Dre had next to no confidence in his shot all night long. Did make some decent plays down the stretch for us, but he looked afraid to shoot it most of the night and even driving to the basket didn't come off as a very confident basketball player. He couldn't get rid of the ball fast enough most of the time. Now, he got fouled and there were no calls in spots, but you have to play through it. I was firmly in the Dre should go to the NBA camp, but not after tonight.

Our team has had a bunch of highs and lows this year, and we still struggle with consistency. Look at the Texas Southern game after we became ranked, the Utah game, and tonight. We're a very young team, that still needs to learn what it takes to win... every game. We don't understand yet, that you can't take anything for granted against anyone.

Just stop with this. Tad doesn't coach like this and doesn't want fans like this. We lost but we didn't act like bitches or embarrass the school on ESPN. Nobody is proud for that Nebraska game a few years ago and we don't want a repeat.

+1

Yeah umm no reason to call a foul on Scott. The 7'2" bitch had been giving cheap elbows and **** all game. Scott ended up on the ground knocked out.
I am guessing you were in the crowd??? The replay showed both guys going at it like crazy. When they locked arms it was over for Scott. He is at least 60 pounds less than the big guy from ASU. As an official you call that early. Typically on the defense and worst case a double foul. They didn't and it resulted in exactly what would happen when a guy is 60 pounds bigger than the other guy. These refs are reviewed on every call.

While I agree with what you said I'm pretty sure I would have enjoyed byshinski writhing in pain

Exactly. We don't need negative press. It's not the fans job to throw **** on the court because the refs sucked. Best case scenario is it is embarrassing for the school. Worst case scenario, it gets even more out of control and some player gets hurt.

I'm shocked I'm even reading some of this. Can we please just burn this thread, the ASU game thread, and now focus on Utah.

I agree that they lost control of the game. That is obvious, and that was bad. Don't think that's why we lost tonight though.

Dre had next to no confidence in his shot all night long. Did make some decent plays down the stretch for us, but he looked afraid to shoot it most of the night and even driving to the basket didn't come off as a very confident basketball player. He couldn't get rid of the ball fast enough most of the time. Now, he got fouled and there were no calls in spots, but you have to play through it. I was firmly in the Dre should go to the NBA camp, but not after tonight.

Our team has had a bunch of highs and lows this year, and we still struggle with consistency. Look at the Texas Southern game after we became ranked, the Utah game, and tonight. We're a very young team, that still needs to learn what it takes to win... every game. We don't understand yet, that you can't take anything for granted against anyone.
Disagree a little bit with Dre. He was tentative early but really picked it up after Scott went down. I think he was a little TOO worked up at that point, though, and couldn't finish.

I am guessing you were in the crowd??? The replay showed both guys going at it like crazy. When they locked arms it was over for Scott. He is at least 60 pounds less than the big guy from ASU. As an official you call that early. Typically on the defense and worst case a double foul. They didn't and it resulted in exactly what would happen when a guy is 60 pounds bigger than the other guy. These refs are reviewed on every call.

Exactly. How did the refs allow it to get to the point where that's the way they had to play defense?

When Mayor got called for a blocking foul when Buttchinski hip checked him off a moving screen into the dribbler, I knew it was going to get real nasty.

Back