What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 needs to evaluate

I do. That was embarrassing.

I saw what happened in this game. The ASU coach was on the baseline screaming out of his mind at the lead official. I've never seen a coach get away with that other than the top coaches in the nation.

I'm not condoning anything that happened in this game but CU has to be more mentally stronger than this. Its going to happen. Hell, we will benefit from it at some point.

In the first 10 minutes of our game against ASU in Tempe we saw what happens when we're allowed to actually play a basketball game with ASU. Instead of letting us blow them out of the gym, Pac-12 officials allow games with them to turn into a slugfest. **** that.

I think the biggest issue is team composition. We're a smaller team that relies on athleticism. When games start to get out of hand like this, even if it's not deliberate, it favors the bigger, more physical teams. CU virtually always comes out on the short end.
Exactly. A guy like Gordon will do wonders for this team. We lack physical play. CSU has average talent but they bully everyone around. This is sports.

In the first 10 minutes of our game against ASU in Tempe we saw what happens when we're allowed to actually play a basketball game with ASU. Instead of letting us blow them out of the gym, Pac-12 officials allow games with them to turn into a slugfest. **** that.

Part of the reason I'm hopeful that a rematch in Las Vegas will allow an actual some semblance of an actual basketball game to be played. I feel like a neutral court is the best venue for that to actually happen.

Part of the reason I'm hopeful that a rematch in Las Vegas will allow an actual some semblance of an actual basketball game to be played. I feel like a neutral court is the best venue for that to actually happen.

I want ASU more than any other team when we get to Vegas. Cannot wait to see that one in person

So which is it? Let CU play the game they want or ASU play the game they want?
I'm not arguing, but these games will happen, and we have to be more mentally smart than the other team

I think the biggest issue is team composition. We're a smaller team that relies on athleticism. When games start to get out of hand like this, even if it's not deliberate, it favors the bigger, more physical teams. CU virtually always comes out on the short end.

Yep. We're like the Chicago Bulls with Jordan, Pippen and Grant before the NBA realized that watching an 82-80 game highlighted by Laimbeer or Oakley knocking someone into the 3rd row isn't exactly good for the game.

So which is it? Let CU play the game they want or ASU play the game they want?
I'm not arguing, but these games will happen, and we have to be more mentally smart than the other team

Considering the game we want to play is basketball, I think this is an easy call.

I want ASU more than any other team when we get to Vegas. Cannot wait to see that one in person

Me too, Brad. I know they aren't our ideal match up, but we can beat these guys and I am positive we will if we get the chance. Very, very possible we'll be encountering them in the Quarterfinals in a 4/5 or 3/6 game. I am dying for it. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing to lose. ASU couldn't cause us any more pain than they have tonight, and I am absolutely certain that Tad will get revenge on these assholes if we're given the opportunity. The basketball gods work in funny ways. We're going to get our chance and there's no way ASU will be able to match the intensity and determination we're going to bring, nor will they shoot almost 50 percent and CU barely above 30.

Last edited:
Me too, Brad. I know they aren't our ideal match up, but we can beat these guys and I am positive we will if we get the chance. Very, very possible we'll be encountering them in the Quarterfinals in a 4/5 or 3/6 game. I am dying for it. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing to lose. ASU couldn't cause us any more pain than they have tonight, and I am absolutely certain that Tad will get revenge on these assholes if we're given the opportunity. The basketball gods work in funny ways. We're going to get our chance and there's no way ASU will be able to match the intensity and determination we're going to bring, nor will they shoot almost 50 percent and CU barely above 30.
Funny thing is no one is realizing this. We went into overtime and lost by one, while shooting 20% less than the other team. Can't wait till the re-match!!! It will happen

Me too, Brad. I know they aren't our ideal match up, but we can beat these guys and I am positive we will if we get the chance. Very, very possible we'll be encountering them in the Quarterfinals in a 4/5 or 3/6 game. I am dying for it. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing to lose. ASU couldn't cause us any more pain than they have tonight, and I am absolutely certain that Tad will get revenge on these assholes if we're given the opportunity.

I would have to guess that everyone of the guys wants to play and beat these thug assholes and is hoping to get them in Vegas. My guess is that Tad told them in the locker room he wants ASU and the players better want it too. This is the type of game that I think brings this team even closer and gives them the us vs them chip moving forward. God I am pissed and want to see them play again tomorrow. ****!

Sendek is a master at doing this. Pulled these victories out at NC State left and right. Also had the same type of annoying thugs on NC State that he seems to have on ASU.

ASU has a run of these coaches, just look at Dickerson. He won't last there too.

Funny thing is no one is realizing this. We went into overtime and lost by one, while shooting 20% less than the other team. Can't wait till the re-match!!! It will happen

We didn't foul them enough. With the way things were being officiated, we needed to body the hell out of them on every shot. Fouls would not have been called and we'd have gotten away with it. Especially since we owned the glass. We didn't do that and ASU shot 16/26 from inside the arc.

I would have to guess that everyone of the guys wants to play and beat these thug assholes and is hoping to get them in Vegas. My guess is that Tad told them in the locker room he wants ASU and the players better want it too. This is the type of game that I think brings this team even closer and gives them the us vs them chip moving forward. God I am pissed and want to see them play again tomorrow. ****!

Not a doubt in my mind Tad is wanting another shot at these punks. It's obviously very hard to sort out the seeding with so much time left, but ASU is very likely to be the 4 seed. Let's do what it takes to get the 5 seed and get revenge on these ****ers.

The team has to learn the lesson from what happened in Tucson and not allow this to carry over. As funny as it sounds, Utah and Oregon State are the two biggest games we have left in the sense that those are the two in which losses would be absolutely devastating and put our March Madness hopes in jeopardy. I have a feeling this team is already chomping at the bit to get out there and put this game behind them. I want nothing more than to beat Utah by 40 and take out some anger both for what happened in SLC and tonight.

Its like the refs turned computer assistance on in NBA Jam, and it has to come down to a last second shot either way.

Before CU starts taking attendance, they need to fix the parking situation. It takes over 30 minutes to get from 36 to the garage.

Take the foothills parkway exit and park near the Denny's. It's not a bad walk.

Take the foothills parkway exit and park near the Denny's. It's not a bad walk.

That's exactly what I do. Lots of empty parking lots just north of Baseline right there.

I make it a point not to criticize sports officials because it is almost always sour grapes, but the PAC-12 basketball officials have now officially joined baseball's Bob Davidson in my personal Hall of Failure.

i am serene until i get a mile within the events center then it is either some entitled jackass not letting me in or the boulder police that wont let me freakin park. aghhhhh

I just uploaded the video of the Jordan Bachynski takedown of Josh Scott

[video=youtube;awtkyI-ysIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awtkyI-ysIE[/video]

I just uploaded the video of the Jordan Bachynski takedown of Josh Scott

[video=youtube;awtkyI-ysIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awtkyI-ysIE[/video]

Good call by the refs there. Not only did Scott catch Bachynski on the elbow with his jaw, but it also looked like he may have landed on top of him a bit while getting his head slammed into the court.

Any chance the PAC 12 reviews the game and suspends Bach for a game

With Ed Rush as head of Pac-12 officiating? Not a chance. That fossil was the worst officiating director the NBA ever had and Larry Scott brought that to the conference. We've got a 70 year old man who wasn't even a college ref running things.

So. Slightly different issue with the game. ASU players keep their hands up in a push motion when putting out a screen. Then when the player gets near they physically push the person. Since when is this not an offensive foul? One of the easiest calls to make. You put your arms up you are not longer putting out screen you are playing football.

So. Slightly different issue with the game. ASU players keep their hands up in a push motion when putting out a screen. Then when the player gets near they physically push the person. Since when is this not an offensive foul? One of the easiest calls to make. You put your arms up you are not longer putting out screen you are playing football.
And then whenever we would play tight man to man we get called for a blocking foul. Just ****ing pathetic.

He should have been ejected. A flagrant foul isn't even enough to punish that dirty move.

With Ed Rush as head of Pac-12 officiating? Not a chance. That fossil was the worst officiating director the NBA ever had and Larry Scott brought that to the conference. We've got a 70 year old man who wasn't even a college ref running things.

My friend compared bringing in Ed Rush to help with basketball officiating was like asking Hitler to help with relations with Israel. He's not wrong.

It honestly should have been fouls on both players. with Bach getting a flagrant 1.

This.

Back