What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 network / direct tv (PACN now on fuboTV streaming)

Seemed like a good place to put this,

Looks like I am going to have to find a bootleg stream to watch this one...

You know, when Longmont has its 1Gup/1Gdown fiber up and running this could be the place to start pirating the local broadcast for a stream. I dont have the equipment for that and I dont have the service since my area is not connected. But it occurs to me that putting up a digital antenae and setting up an inexpensive server can't be all that hard. As more and more neighborhoods here and and around the country come online with fiber service the more and more legal (sling box) and illegal streams could be created.

Well. No news with a day and a half to go. That is not to say Thursday is a drop dead deadline. I think there is only one Pac 12 Network game scheduled for Thursday. This must be getting down to a "who bends first" thing. From where I sit, AT&T/DirecTV has all or most of the chips. The Pac needs to get this thing done and pronto.

still crickets. Every morning the first thing I do know is pop over to 612 hoping to see it lit up and showing something??? nope. the rumors are even silent now...

There is word that Larry Scott has canceled his trip to SLC for the game tonight. The rumors are they are close to a deal and Larry is needed so they can get this online by Saturday.

There is word that Larry Scott has canceled his trip to SLC for the game tonight. The rumors are they are close to a deal and Larry is needed so they can get this online by Saturday.
Thanks. I just checked cyber space and found nada.

It was per a Utah "journalist" about an hour ago on twitter, So I feel 100% confident that it is perhaps somewhat 25% at best fact

It was per a Utah "journalist" about an hour ago on twitter, So I feel 100% confident that it is perhaps somewhat 25% at best fact
I guess we'll have to see if LS is in SLC tonight. There is a great deal of smoke though. Like, especially, testing Channel 612. I can't imagine they'd have done that if they weren't pretty certain it is going to happen.

sex_panther01_2.gif

Wilner is usually very dialed in on the Pac-12. Got to think this is gonna happen.

http://www.tvpredictions.com/directv090615.htm

Sept 6 article on how this gaff is hurting DTV

Crickets again today.

I read the same post, but I fail to see how not having the Pac-12 Network really hurts DTV. It's not like they haven't ignored a vocal minority of customers before.

It would be nice to for them to have, but they already have the best sports programing. So the fact DTV already carries most college football games, paired with their coverage of the other major sports, I really don't see what negotiating power the Pac has. Time for LS to sh*t or get off the pot. If it's too terrible a deal, just say so and put it to bed. If not, swallow your pride and get the deal done. Or do we have to wait for AT&T to merge with the Pac-12?

Crickets again today.

I read the same post, but I fail to see how not having the Pac-12 Network really hurts DTV. It's not like they haven't ignored a vocal minority of customers before.

It would be nice to for them to have, but they already have the best sports programing. So the fact DTV already carries most college football games, paired with their coverage of the other major sports, I really don't see what negotiating power the Pac has. Time for LS to sh*t or get off the pot. If it's too terrible a deal, just say so and put it to bed. If not, swallow your pride and get the deal done. Or do we have to wait for AT&T to merge with the Pac-12?

This article, or maybe a different one, hints more at the importance of DTVs parent company (DTV is just a subsidiary now) whom also is a sponsor of the aforementioned p12 conference and TV channel (placing ads and logos in prominent places) and not to mention their affiliation with that flower bowl game where the conference champion ends up. To not be able to close this part seems silly. Maybe that sponsorship will be allowed to expire in favor of someone else...

Rumor has it they are still talking. And P12N wants more money.

http://www.tvpredictions.com/directv090915.htm

This article, or maybe a different one, hints more at the importance of DTVs parent company (DTV is just a subsidiary now) whom also is a sponsor of the aforementioned p12 conference and TV channel (placing ads and logos in prominent places) and not to mention their affiliation with that flower bowl game where the conference champion ends up. To not be able to close this part seems silly. Maybe that sponsorship will be allowed to expire in favor of someone else...

Rumor has it they are still talking. And P12N wants more money.

http://www.tvpredictions.com/directv090915.htm

I agree the optics would look bad if the title sponsor, now being the largest sports television distributor, didn't carry the Pac. And I am not arguing with you or the article, I would just comment that the Pac still needs DTV more than DTV needs the Pac. AT&T's stock price won't go up after announcing a deal, but the Pac's national impact would be greatly increased. That's my only point. A deal should, and I feel likely, get done. I'm just not ready to concede that the Pac has DTV by the balls after the purchase. I'm sure AT&T sponsors many events/programs, but not all of them will find their way onto DTV.

wonder if the Uverse deal is in jeopardy? I hope not....then again, if the Buffs come completely off the rails, I won't give a ****.

****. This is not at all what I was thinking when AT&T bought DTV. So much for that great partnership getting us the carriage deal we were hoping for. This has complicated things far more than helped them, and I worry about what this means for future deals with other TV providers.

The only thing I can think of that might make it palatable is if they are talking national coverage on like a Top 120 package at some sort of middle ground rate between the in-market rate and the out-of-market rate...though I wonder what that would mean for any "most favored nation" clauses with other carriers if it wasn't an apples to apples comparison.

Back