What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 network / direct tv (PACN now on fuboTV streaming)

This matters more to me than anything else on television. No matter what provider I choose, I'll get all the standard channels. There's not much that separates them. So the P12N is a game changer.

I can't believe some people are still worried about whether or not the Pac-12 network will end up on DTV. It'll happen.

I can't believe some people are still worried about whether or not the Pac-12 network will end up on DTV. It'll happen.

The national network will be on without a doubt at some point.

But will a 'Buff in LA get to watch the mountain stream? Or just the national and local SoCal Pac broadcast? That is the bigger question, because it sounds like if the regional channel you want is not available in your region you cannot pay to get it online or otherwise...

A) it boggles my mind that Verizon FIoS isn't onboard and 2) what I'm really concerned about is the fact that I'm being transferred on 14 Sep, driving across the country, not sure yet where I'm going to be living, will start 8 months of training, and all I will have is my laptop and iPad...yet there's no way (att) to see the PAC-12 network without a cable tv subscription, which I won't have for a good portion of the season.
I, too, would be willing to pay for an online subscription, HULU Plus-style, if need be.

Last edited:
A) it boggles my mind that Verizon FIoS isn't onboard and 2) what I'm really concerned about is the fact that I'm being transferred on 14 Sep, driving across the country, not sure yet where I'm going to be living, will start 8 months of training, and all I will have is my laptop and iPad...yet there's no way (att) to see the PAC-12 network without a cable tv subscription, which I won't have for a good portion of the season.
I, too, would be willing to pay for an online subscription, HULU Plus-style, if need be.

I would do this. I am in the process of dropping Comcast TV and going antenna-only, Dio-style (thank you for all the knowledge in this regard). If web-based is not an option I will be listening to the away games on the radio or heading to someone else's house.

The national network will be on without a doubt at some point.

But will a 'Buff in LA get to watch the mountain stream? Or just the national and local SoCal Pac broadcast? That is the bigger question, because it sounds like if the regional channel you want is not available in your region you cannot pay to get it online or otherwise...

I can't imagine that if DTV picks up the P12 Network that they wouldn't carry all the regional channels, at least for the football games if nothing else. I look at the Big 10 Network as an example, and if they can get all their channels and games on DTV then there's no reason the same thing shouldn't happen for the P12 Network. But I can see if you're looking for other content and/or other sports then the regional networks may end up being an issue for you.

Well, here's why, if they wait until the last minute and you have to switch to get it, you won't have P12 in time for FB season. I have Dish. while I have been satisfied, mostly, they have dropped AMC, so I am looking to switch. I do not want Concast and would prefer DTV, but they don't seem to be able to figure this out any better than Dish. So the question stands how come cable providers do the deal, even tiny ones, but the brain trust at the sat companies cannot figure out how to make a deal that has already been made by other providers? Eventually, I will get sick of waiting and I'll go to comcast just so I can know I'll have P12. I would rather Dish or DTV, assuming Dish pulls it's head out on AMC whihc doesn't appear to be happening, but I am not interested in hearing on August 30, and then having to scramble to get an installation monkey out to my house to get what I want.

Well, we don't have to worry about the first week because the CSWho game is on FX, but it certainly looks like the regional P12 networks will be an issue in week 2 with 3 games slated for 3pm EST, including ours against Sac. State. But as I stated above, I'm confident that the the full array of live P12 network games will end up on DTV.

I would do this. I am in the process of dropping Comcast TV and going antenna-only, Dio-style (thank you for all the knowledge in this regard). If web-based is not an option I will be listening to the away games on the radio or heading to someone else's house.
I can't watch Buff football with anyone but my wife - I'm very childish that way.
My big problem is that I'll moving from Tampa to Malibu with training in Pensacola, Newport RI, Fallon NV, and Norfolk Va - not bastions of CU/PAC-12 football. Ergo, strolling into the local bar and asking them to throw the game on could get awkward.
I NEED on-lineability.

Well, we don't have to worry about the first week because the CSWho game is on FX, but it certainly looks like the regional P12 networks will be an issue in week 2 with 3 games slated for 3pm EST, including ours against Sac. State. But as I stated above, I'm confident that the the full array of live P12 network games will end up on DTV.
Ixx

Last edited:
I can't watch Buff football with anyone but my wife - I'm very childish that way.
My big problem is that I'll moving from Tampa to Malibu with training in Pensacola, Newport RI, Fallon NV, and Norfolk Va - not bastions of CU/PAC-12 football. Ergo, strolling into the local bar and asking them to throw the game on could get awkward.
I NEED on-lineability.

Not sure how a person will be able to log on until it happens but, each Comcast customer gets something like 5 email addresses with their subscriptions and I am only using 3. If someone can log in to watch online with any of them, I might be willing to hook you up.

Last edited:

Finally! There is someone else out there dependant on Verizon FIOS other than me.... Why do i fear another season of listening to games on my PC..!

Talked to numerous Pac12 contacts ystrdy at media day: Sentiment was more positive re: deal with DirecTV than I have heard before.

But if you have Dish, might be best to start considering other options.

Winer

[tweet]341630513368399872[/tweet]

[tweet]341630719023525889[/tweet]

Last edited:
On the bright side, got SundayTicket for free after griping about their lack of P12N when working on cancelling accounts in preps for move to VA.

To those considering dropping DTV - do yourself a favor and go to Dish. If you switch to Comcast you will want to kill yourself. I'm all for people dumping DTV, just don't make the same mistake I did. Dealing with Comcast made me want to stab a puppy. I was back with DTV within six months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

To those considering dropping DTV - do yourself a favor and go to Dish. If you switch to Comcast you will want to kill yourself. I'm all for people dumping DTV, just don't make the same mistake I did. Dealing with Comcast made me want to stab a puppy. I was back with DTV within six months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

This.

If anyone is looking to go to dish send me a pm. I'll email you a referral certificate. Saves you 50 bucks on your bill and mine too.:nod:

Back