What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 network / direct tv (PACN now on fuboTV streaming)

Other than the Broncos, I much prefer watching college football to the NFL. I wouldn't use the Sunday Ticket.

I switched from DTV to Comcast. I miss Sunday ticket, but I love not having to get up on the roof to clear snow off my antenna every time there's like .2 inches of snow outside.

I'm sure it will be sweet to watch CU football when we don't suck, but right now....it just makes me drink more and then go do yardwork.
Thats why my dish is on the side of my house and it takes about a foot with the hd dish.

Other than the Broncos, I much prefer watching college football to the NFL. I wouldn't use the Sunday Ticket.

Interesting. I view College football the same way I do the NBA. Only a 3-4 teams can actually win a championship, but in the NFL its wide open.

Interesting. I view College football the same way I do the NBA. Only a 3-4 teams can actually win a championship, but in the NFL its wide open.

I enjoy the pace and pageantry of the college game much more. There also seems to be a greater focus on the "team" in college broadcasting than individuals, with a couple exceptions. I also think the NBA is rigged and haven't watched in years.

I prefer college football to the NFL, but with season tickets to CU and the sheer number of college games on over the air, Sunday Ticket is a bigger sell to me so I can see all the NFL games instead of being force fed the Patriots or Steelers for the early game.

I enjoy the pace and pageantry of the college game much more. There also seems to be a greater focus on the "team" in college broadcasting than individuals, with a couple exceptions. I also think the NBA is rigged and haven't watched in years.

Unfortunately that pageantry dies a little bit with every uniform fashion show.

Unfortunately that pageantry dies a little bit with every uniform fashion show. And the pace? How how is that treating you with the new spread offenses? It seem like the clock stops on every play.

The thing I like most about the college game is the diversity of the offenses you see. Everything from Mike Leach ball to Navy and GT's running attack. The NFL is much more of a copycat game.

Unfortunately that pageantry dies a little bit with every uniform fashion show.
Tradition maybe, but pageantry is about the students, fans and game day atmosphere. Not the live or die with every play that is the NFL.

I also think fantasy sports have greatly diminished professional sports as more people are fans of "their" players and fantasy teams than the actual teams playing the game. It has absolutely changed the reporting; I hardly watch ESPN partly due to this.

Tradition maybe, but pageantry is about the students, fans and game day atmosphere. Not the live or die with every play that is the NFL.

I also think fantasy sports have greatly diminished professional sports as more people are fans of "their" players and fantasy teams than the actual teams playing the game. It has absolutely changed the reporting; I hardly watch ESPN partly due to this.

I have always disagreed with this notion. I love fantasy football but it hasn't diminished my love for the Broncos. If anything fantasy has helped appreciate the other amazing players in the league that dont play for the home team.

I prefer college to pro by a large margin, but it used to be larger when CU was competitive. Every game just seemed to take on additional significance because of the possible impact on CU towards conference standing and bowl positioning.

I prefer college to pro by a large margin, but it used to be larger when CU was competitive. Every game just seemed to take on additional significance because of the possible impact on CU towards conference standing and bowl positioning.

I hate every other college football team so when my Buffs suck so bad its hard to care about college football.

I hate every other college football team so when my Buffs suck so bad its hard to care about college football.
That is my exact issue with the NFL. You nailed it. I find myself rooting against teams rather than for the other. The enjoyment of watching really isn't there.

I prefer college football to the NFL, but with season tickets to CU and the sheer number of college games on over the air, Sunday Ticket is a bigger sell to me so I can see all the NFL games instead of being force fed the Patriots or Steelers for the early game.

Bingo. With DTV and hence no P12 Network I might miss 3-4 CU games this season but I'm still assured of seeing all the big college games each week, whereas with the NFL you're restricted to your market team or teams in that division and for me that means the NFC South, the Steelers, and usually no Broncos unless they're playing in prime time therefore I'm not willing to give up Sunday Ticket.

Far be it for me to suggest anyone change their MSO. The unfortunate bottom line is DirecTV will continue holding out until their customers force the issue. At 20 Million subscribers, it would put some SERIOUS money into the CU AD and the PAC 12 distribution. If PAC 12 fans decided to switch in the coming months and forced the issue, could always go back.... ??

At some point in the next year, DirecTV and I will likely part ways. Too many other options that don't continually insult me.

At some point in the next year, DirecTV and I will likely part ways. Too many other options that don't continually insult me.
In west Arvada there are only two options that I'm aware of: DirecTV and Dish Network. I'm thinking long and hard about this one because I generally like DirecTV better. One thing I call bull**** on is the assertion that DirecTV may start dropping sports packages. They just picked up the SEC Network. It's also interesting they aren't going to be carrying the Dodger's games in the LA area. That is really hard to believe. It's hard to believe that will not negatively impact them much more than the DTV guy claims.

I am very happy with Dish, picture quality is great, I get loads of college football, their customer service has been good, and they are cheaper than Direct.

In west Arvada there are only two options that I'm aware of: DirecTV and Dish Network. I'm thinking long and hard about this one because I generally like DirecTV better. One thing I call bull**** on is the assertion that DirecTV may start dropping sports packages. They just picked up the SEC Network. It's also interesting they aren't going to be carrying the Dodger's games in the LA area. That is really hard to believe. It's hard to believe that will not negatively impact them much more than the DTV guy claims.

SEC network makes perfect sense, ESPN pushed it through.

I cut down the tree that blocking DISH and told DirectTV to go **** themselves. Great decision. I really prefer DISH, it turns out.

I cut down the tree that blocking DISH and told DirectTV to go **** themselves. Great decision. I really prefer DISH, it turns out.

Neighbors took down their interfering tree, so I may only be a big ass branch away from getting satellite again. Then the great DISH/DirecTV debate begins anew.

my only issue with Dish is the fact that they always seem to be in some sort of tiff with a network -

a couple of months ago it was CBS (it only lasted 24 hours) and now it's Fox as my parents didn't have Fox Sports 1 last Friday night for the UCLA game..

The debate rages on, Directv or Dish, and all over Larry's network and butthurt feelings over what his "perceived demand" would be in regards to price. The Gorilla in the room known as the NFL and its wife ESPN happened to get in the way and screwed his deal to death. Along comes the red headed stepchild Dish with their hand out saying "we will do whatever we just need sports programming" Claim this, pleased with that, compromise all out want. Directv has more HD programming Fact 1, Directv has the NFL (and 90% or the bars in the free world) Fact 2 and Dish has Larry's little network and he still is willing to hold firm. While I respect his stubborness I will continue to pay Directv and watch the NFL, and stream Larry's network for free. I would be glad to pay him for the pleasure but for now oh well. I prefer to have both and do, all in beautiful HD

Back