What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 network / direct tv (PACN now on fuboTV streaming)

Sounds like the Pac-12 just made a great hire. (y)

Alden Mitchell Budill will be head of distribution, overseeing the network’s affiliate sales and marketing department. She replaces Art Marquez, senior vice president of affiliate relations, who left the network in March.

E705D380085647559D66E12B7BFD30D8.ashx

BUDILL
One of the first items on Budill’s to-do list will be to set up a meeting with DirecTV, the satellite operator that has not carried any of the Pac-12 Networks channels since their 2012 launch.

Budill also will focus on international expansion, something that the conference views as a growth opportunity. The channel wants to build off its deal to stream one conference game each week to China. The conference also is looking to build on the annual basketball game it plays in China with possibly more events.

Budill comes to the Pac-12 from Discovery Communications where she was a vice president of distribution strategy, tasked with persuading distributors to carry the Oprah Winfrey Network.

Read more... http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2016/08/29/Media/Pac12Networks.aspx

Sounds like the Pac-12 just made a great hire. (y)

Alden Mitchell Budill will be head of distribution, overseeing the network’s affiliate sales and marketing department. She replaces Art Marquez, senior vice president of affiliate relations, who left the network in March.

E705D380085647559D66E12B7BFD30D8.ashx

BUDILL
One of the first items on Budill’s to-do list will be to set up a meeting with DirecTV, the satellite operator that has not carried any of the Pac-12 Networks channels since their 2012 launch.

Budill also will focus on international expansion, something that the conference views as a growth opportunity. The channel wants to build off its deal to stream one conference game each week to China. The conference also is looking to build on the annual basketball game it plays in China with possibly more events.

Budill comes to the Pac-12 from Discovery Communications where she was a vice president of distribution strategy, tasked with persuading distributors to carry the Oprah Winfrey Network.

Read more... http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2016/08/29/Media/Pac12Networks.aspx

Potentially a wonderful hire. Glad to see they are still working on this.

I don't even know what slingTV is so is this a big middle finger to DirecTV?
basically. Its an internet based service where users have a high degree of control over the content that they get. If you have an internet connection you can get slingTV.

Certainly a step in the right direction, but I want the ability to subscribe to the PAC Network without having to purchase other channels.

Certainly a step in the right direction, but I want the ability to subscribe to the PAC Network without having to purchase other channels.

I see that as a definite possibility in the future, but as it stands right now I think our distribution agreements with Dish and the cable networks prevents this.

Here's another question. I have comcast and last Thursday I was switching around so I could watch the Pac-12 (Utah and Southern Utah), the SEC (Tennessee and App. State) but I didn't have access to the Big-10 (MInnesota and Oregon State), I was under the impression that was all under one package?

That's called al a carte TV and it doesn't exist. I think it would be the greatest thing ever, but way too many barriers to entry for that model.

son of a bitch, i just extended my dish contract two years.
I just extended with Comcast last month for 2 years as well. I'm not that sad as it will give Sling time to figure out the rest of the local TV broadcast stations so I don't have to have a multi-platform set up for the rest of my family to figure out for watching TV. They can barely switch between Roku and Comcast as it is.

son of a bitch, i just extended my dish contract two years.

I hope they offered you something incredible for that. I've refused to extend and they keep giving decent deals.

I just renewed as well. I fired off a polite but direct letter about the loss of Fox and CW as well as how poorly we were treated when we called for another Joey to be added to my system. Bottom line, they had an executive from the consumer satisfaction team call me and they paid last months bill, provided a new receiver for free and 4 new Joeys. Also HBO free for a year. Not bad.

I just renewed as well. I fired off a polite but direct letter about the loss of Fox and CW as well as how poorly we were treated when we called for another Joey to be added to my system. Bottom line, they had an executive from the consumer satisfaction team call me and they paid last months bill, provided a new receiver for free and 4 new Joeys. Also HBO free for a year. Not bad.

Fox and CW should be back by now, btw. Tribune and Dish surprisingly came together in time for football season.

I just extended with Comcast last month for 2 years as well. I'm not that sad as it will give Sling time to figure out the rest of the local TV broadcast stations so I don't have to have a multi-platform set up for the rest of my family to figure out for watching TV. They can barely switch between Roku and Comcast as it is.
never knew we would be help desk / IT support 24/7. Everytime a tv "input" changes I have to give the whole Tv101 class to my family

never knew we would be help desk / IT support 24/7. Everytime a tv "input" changes I have to give the whole Tv101 class to my family
I have Logitech Harmony remotes with all TV's that run macros to get the right platform going on the TV and the Receiver (Cable Box, Roku, and in one case, an XBox). There is no hope of anyone but me troubleshooting it if they don't have it pointed straight at the TV properly for the macro to run its course.

To be fair, I set up it, so I know how all the wires are run. I had AV guys set up our outdoor speakers many years ago. Had them come back for some other work a few months later and had them show me how it was set up yet again - but somehow I can't get those ****ing outdoor speakers to work to save my life...

Back