What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 network / direct tv (PACN now on fuboTV streaming)

Cool, well I haven't cancelled yet. I called Dish yesterday and they always say somebody will be out anytime, heard that bs a few times. I know it's where I live but it's frustrating.

Question for those who changed from Dtv to Dish. Does Dtv come get their **** if you cancel or are you stuck with it?

Question for those who changed from Dtv to Dish. Does Dtv come get their **** if you cancel or are you stuck with it?

They will send you a return item labels to return the receivers. I don't think they care about the dish on the side of the house.

I just called dish after subscribing to the sports pack earlier this month and finding out from y'all the pac 12 network is now been added to the regular top 200. I canceled the sports back and still have pac 12. good news!

I just called dish after subscribing to the sports pack earlier this month and finding out from y'all the pac 12 network is now been added to the regular top 200. I canceled the sports back and still have pac 12. good news!

I did the same the day I saw the Pac 12 Network announcement on Twitter. The Dish CSR had to check. Said I was correct and I am now saving that money.

They send you a box or boxes with the model number on the shipping tag. They give you, like, 30 days to return but after 10 or so they start bugging you. If you don't return it, they will charge you a set price which depends on the equipment. They want receivers, remotes and power cords. But, for me, they didn't demand every receiver. So I tossed the extras. They also request the cards.

I wonder if this could have an impact on getting the P12 Nets on DTV sooner:

AT&T Inc. is nearing an agreement to buy Time Warner Inc., a deal that would set a milestone in the converging media and telecommunications sectors and unleash a far-reaching reordering of the industry as rivals are spurred to attempt their own deals.

A deal, which could happen as early as this weekend, would unite AT&T’s wireless, broadband and satellite TV brands with Time Warner’s entertainment empire, which includes cable networks such as TNT, TBS, CNN, the prized HBO channel, and the Warner Bros. film and TV studio.

I wonder if this could have an impact on getting the P12 Nets on DTV sooner:

The deal is more about the Time Warner part of the company. Time Warner Cable was sold to Charter earlier this year. This is about HBO, “Game of Thrones,” “Westworld” and “True Detective.” and HBOs 130 million subscribers. Lump in Turner (TBS, TNT, TCM, MLB, Bleacher Report, NCAA.com, NBA Digital), Warner Brothers Studios (Harry Potter) and New Line Cinema.

This deal is like, but probably larger than, the Comcast NBC Universal deal. The deal is about owning content.

HOLD ON..... Am I missing something here??? Did DIRECTV announce they are gonna get Pac-12 Network???? I have Comcast but they don't carry the 6 channels.... so I lose 1 CU game a year... AND Comcast doesn't carry Pac-12 in HD!!!! I would love to get DIRECTV back if they pick up PAC-12 in HD.... anyone have actual proof that DirectV is going to offer it???

HOLD ON..... Am I missing something here??? Did DIRECTV announce they are gonna get Pac-12 Network???? I have Comcast but they don't carry the 6 channels.... so I lose 1 CU game a year... AND Comcast doesn't carry Pac-12 in HD!!!! I would love to get DIRECTV back if they pick up PAC-12 in HD.... anyone have actual proof that DirectV is going to offer it???
I think comcast offers Pac-12 network in HD.

DirecTV is not currently picking up Pac-12 Net. This is just a thread to consolidate all the news articles that may arise on that topic.

DirecTV is not currently picking up Pac-12 Net.

It won't happen with Larry Scott still employed by the Pac-12. He screwed up by giving too much to the small distribution players, guaranteeing them favored nation status or the same price as DTV that he cannot afford to sign DTV now. DTV does not need the Pac-12 Network but the Pac-12 Network is a failure until it gets DTV; not a good bargaining position for Scott.

It won't happen with Larry Scott still employed by the Pac-12. He screwed up by giving too much to the small distribution players, guaranteeing them favored nation status or the same price as DTV that he cannot afford to sign DTV now. DTV does not need the Pac-12 Network but the Pac-12 Network is a failure until it gets DTV; not a good bargaining position for Scott.
I don't think Larry Scott being employed or not changes anything. He made a bad deal with the other distributors that kind of forces our hand. There is the potential he can fix that in the next round of negotiations.

MSI Cubi Intel Celeron 3205U 1.5 GH - $139.35
+
Crucial 8GB Single DDR3L 1600 MT/s - $38.79
+
Crucial MX200 250GB mSATA Internal Solid State Drive - $88.99
+
HDMI Cable - $6
+
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS - FREE
+
Kodi - FREE
+
Phoenix Addon - FREE
+
A little know how/not being a complete moron
---------------------------------------------
$273.13
Being able to watch all the CU games in HD w/o any type of contract plus every TV Show and Movie for free = priceless.

Oh - and it will support 4k video...
You're welcome.

MSI Cubi Intel Celeron 3205U 1.5 GH - $139.35
+
Crucial 8GB Single DDR3L 1600 MT/s - $38.79
+
Crucial MX200 250GB mSATA Internal Solid State Drive - $88.99
+
HDMI Cable - $6
+
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS - FREE
+
Kodi - FREE
+
Phoenix Addon - FREE
+
A little know how/not being a complete moron
---------------------------------------------
$273.13
Being able to watch all the CU games in HD w/o any type of contract plus every TV Show and Movie for free = priceless.

Oh - and it will support 4k video...
You're welcome.
And how does that benefit CU and the Pac 12 conference?

I don't think Larry Scott being employed or not changes anything. He made a bad deal with the other distributors that kind of forces our hand. There is the potential he can fix that in the next round of negotiations.

That is where I disagree, I believe Scott is too prideful to fix this.

Back