What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 network / direct tv (PACN now on fuboTV streaming)

Everybody bags on Comcast, but I have been pleased with their new Xfinity platform that was installed in August. I was one of the first handful in the Denver metro area (supposedly) and the 3rd party contractor jacked up the original install that forced a Comcast employed technician to come back out for a 2 hour fix, but since then, we have been pretty happy.

And no more dead cable when it snows - you know, the one time you might want to watch tv in the winter if you aren't up skiing.

Hi guys, first post here, I scroll daily, but I am currently on the phone with a CSR from DirecTV and wanted to share an update, he told me they just sealed a deal with Longhorn Network, and that will be added soon. He then told me WatchESPN will be available soon. Then.... He said they wanted to get those two added and are now in serious negotiations with PAC12 networks. They have failed in the past because DirecTV wanted to offer it a la carte and PAC12 wanted it as part of programing. He said don't expect it during basketball season but it should be finalized by football 2015. He also said that to make the biggest impact on getting PAC12 is to go to https://support.directv.com/app/ask and actually email them, this is where the emails go to the "equivalent of the office of the president" and they actually look at these emails because it shows that customers are being proactive about the programming. So I urge to email them.... again and again and again.

Hi guys, first post here, I scroll daily, but I am currently on the phone with a CSR from DirecTV and wanted to share an update, he told me they just sealed a deal with Longhorn Network, and that will be added soon. He then told me WatchESPN will be available soon. Then.... He said they wanted to get those two added and are now in serious negotiations with PAC12 networks. They have failed in the past because DirecTV wanted to offer it a la carte and PAC12 wanted it as part of programing. He said don't expect it during basketball season but it should be finalized by football 2015. He also said that to make the biggest impact on getting PAC12 is to go to https://support.directv.com/app/ask and actually email them, this is where the emails go to the "equivalent of the office of the president" and they actually look at these emails because it shows that customers are being proactive about the programming. So I urge to email them.... again and again and again.
First post rep. That is great news and completely contradicts the opinion piece I posted.

I was going to post this last week but forgot. I was flying to Florida for the holidays and I met a woman who works for DTV while waiting for my flight. Her primary job is to analyze data to find out why people leave DTV. She promised me she would look into them not carrying the PAC12 network as a reason why people drop service.

I got a laugh when she told me that she doesn't own a TV.

I loathe Oregon but maybe the PAC-12 wining the national championship will validate our conference and make it tougher for DTV to ignore us.

I was going to post this last week but forgot. I was flying to Florida for the holidays and I met a woman who works for DTV while waiting for my flight. Her primary job is to analyze data to find out why people leave DTV. She promised me she would look into them not carrying the PAC12 network as a reason why people drop service.

I got a laugh when she told me that she doesn't own a TV.
So. Why do people from Cal go to Florida for a vacation?

The debate rages on, Directv or Dish, and all over Larry's network and butthurt feelings over what his "perceived demand" would be in regards to price. The Gorilla in the room known as the NFL and its wife ESPN happened to get in the way and screwed his deal to death. Along comes the red headed stepchild Dish with their hand out saying "we will do whatever we just need sports programming" Claim this, pleased with that, compromise all out want. Directv has more HD programming Fact 1, Directv has the NFL (and 90% or the bars in the free world) Fact 2 and Dish has Larry's little network and he still is willing to hold firm. While I respect his stubborness I will continue to pay Directv and watch the NFL, and stream Larry's network for free. I would be glad to pay him for the pleasure but for now oh well. I prefer to have both and do, all in beautiful HD
So you steal from CU and brag about it on a CU website. What kind of dumb asshole are you?

my only issue with Dish is the fact that they always seem to be in some sort of tiff with a network -

a couple of months ago it was CBS (it only lasted 24 hours) and now it's Fox as my parents didn't have Fox Sports 1 last Friday night for the UCLA game..

Dish did not block FS1 in Denver last week. I taped the game while I was out of town and watched it. Dish does have dust ups with networks though.

What I don't get is why the conflict between what the sales guy told cufan141 and what the CFO said at the media conference?

Good first post, but let's be clear here, you had someone trying to sell you something, and they told you something you obviously wanted to hear.

Do you guys really believe anything direct tv says?

Rarely, but unlike the many times I have communicated with DTV in the past this guy didn't give me the BS runaround. I originally opened a chat session while at work and they told me to contact them via an 800 number to further discuss my problem (not having to do with PAC12) when I called it went straight to an L2 tech, I just looked at my phone and he talked for 42 minutes, 10% fixing my problem, 90% talking about programming. I just wanted to share in my future excitement... hopefully

The debate rages on, Directv or Dish, and all over Larry's network and butthurt feelings over what his "perceived demand" would be in regards to price. The Gorilla in the room known as the NFL and its wife ESPN happened to get in the way and screwed his deal to death. Along comes the red headed stepchild Dish with their hand out saying "we will do whatever we just need sports programming" Claim this, pleased with that, compromise all out want. Directv has more HD programming Fact 1, Directv has the NFL (and 90% or the bars in the free world) Fact 2 and Dish has Larry's little network and he still is willing to hold firm. While I respect his stubborness I will continue to pay Directv and watch the NFL, and stream Larry's network for free. I would be glad to pay him for the pleasure but for now oh well. I prefer to have both and do, all in beautiful HD
So you steal from CU and brag about it on a CU website. What kind of dumb asshole are you?
We have had this discussion before, the person does not believe it is stealing because it is available on the internet for free, despite the fact that it is an illegal stream. The person also does not understand that the ability to access the stream is an incentive for cable subscribers to make the carriage fee more acceptable, i.e. you carry our main network for X per subscriber and we will reserve the internet streaming rights to your subscribers only.

The kind that laughs at all of you clowns that ring your hands over this BS, you want change in the way the TV business is run, as in ala carte choices. Then hit them where it hurts. There are streams all over the place on the net, hell XBMC all but advertises. The funny thing is the guy streaming is the one breaking the law, at this point the ones watching the stream have not. Someday soon the way these guys do business will radically change, and it will be because of rebels like the guys that run XBMC and others like them. I would never insult someone on this forum, unfortunately it seems to be what's done best here, especially by clowns like you so you will have to excuse me when I say I don't give a flying F*** what you think. Now go home and get your shine box

We have had this discussion before, the person does not believe it is stealing because it is available on the internet for free, despite the fact that it is an illegal stream. The person also does not understand that the ability to access the stream is an incentive for cable subscribers to make the carriage fee more acceptable, i.e. you carry our main network for X per subscriber and we will reserve the internet streaming rights to your subscribers only.

For the record I understand your stance as well, My opinion just differs in what is being dome by the streamers. I don't want 25 Spanish channels, etc, etc, in fact pull all of them charge me the same price and give me the PAC 12 Network, The change is coming because the business giants cant keep ignoring the masses, and losing the quan. Its just like the legalization vote, eventually the people get what they want, if they force the change.

The kind that laughs at all of you clowns that ring your hands over this BS, you want change in the way the TV business is run, as in ala carte choices. Then hit them where it hurts. There are streams all over the place on the net, hell XBMC all but advertises. The funny thing is the guy streaming is the one breaking the law, at this point the ones watching the stream have not. Someday soon the way these guys do business will radically change, and it will be because of rebels like the guys that run XBMC and others like them. I would never insult someone on this forum, unfortunately it seems to be what's done best here, especially by clowns like you so you will have to excuse me when I say I don't give a flying F*** what you think. Now go home and get your shine box
If they change because of the "rebels" they will do it to their own benefit, not the consumer's.

If they change because of the "rebels" they will do it to their own benefit, not the consumer's.

Exactly, when they understand that subsidizing all the rhetoric we pay for is less profitable then giving people what they want, which is exactly what the streamers are doing, along with Hulu, Netflix, etc. they will change. But if we keep swallowing there corporate tripe we will keep getting exactly what they think we need. Its driven by the consumer, they want the profit, at some point the 2 will be one in the same, and its closer then we think.

I haven't switched, and I don't think I will anytime soon for one simple reason - if/when CU gets good again, they will rarely play on the PAC-12 Network. Last year Oregon played 3 times on the network (one against a Div-IAA team), USC played twice and so did UCLA. CU is a bottom-feeder in the league right now, and it's not worth it to me to cancel programming I enjoy to watch a sub-par product, especially when I know that CU will have a majority of their games shown on DTV when they are good again. I know some will complain that I'm not a true CU fan because I won't switch, but T.S. I already have season tickets and make (small) yearly donations to the AD. The Pac's business model of broadcasting the crappier teams has ensured that I won't need to switch until they begin carrying marquee matchups.

you want change in the way the TV business is run, as in ala carte choices. Then hit them where it hurts

I am not one who wants change. Considering the only channels I watch happen to have the highest rate card, I'm not convinced a la carte as the new normal is going to save me significant money. Plus, I'd rather pay a little more to keep the current system that will deliver a ton of money to the CU AD in carriage fees.

From phone

Right now I pay some petty fee for the "Sports Package" which is nothing more then all of the regional Fox sports channels, the Sunshine network, etc. I believe its something like $15 a month. If my memory is correct it is where DTV wanted to place the PAC 12 Network, "buy it if you want it" status. Which considering the programming time of the late games and the footprint should seem fine. However Larry didn't see it that way, wanted it part of "standard programming" Which I understand but at the same time seems silly. I do hope Oregon wins and it puts some interest back into the PAC nationwide, but I will have to see it to believe it.

Right now I pay some petty fee for the "Sports Package" which is nothing more then all of the regional Fox sports channels, the Sunshine network, etc. I believe its something like $15 a month. If my memory is correct it is where DTV wanted to place the PAC 12 Network, "buy it if you want it" status. Which considering the programming time of the late games and the footprint should seem fine. However Larry didn't see it that way, wanted it part of "standard programming" Which I understand but at the same time seems silly. I do hope Oregon wins and it puts some interest back into the PAC nationwide, but I will have to see it to believe it.

You are not recalling it correctly.

I haven't switched, and I don't think I will anytime soon for one simple reason - if/when CU gets good again, they will rarely play on the PAC-12 Network. Last year Oregon played 3 times on the network (one against a Div-IAA team), USC played twice and so did UCLA. CU is a bottom-feeder in the league right now, and it's not worth it to me to cancel programming I enjoy to watch a sub-par product, especially when I know that CU will have a majority of their games shown on DTV when they are good again. I know some will complain that I'm not a true CU fan because I won't switch, but T.S. I already have season tickets and make (small) yearly donations to the AD. The Pac's business model of broadcasting the crappier teams has ensured that I won't need to switch until they begin carrying marquee matchups.

Although it is possible CU games being mostly on channels available on DTV, but the way they select games CU will be competing with USC, UCLA or Oregon (assuming they sustain being good at that point)

ESPN/ABC , Fox and PAC-12 take turns choosing games. If I am a network who has first dibs or second dibs.. I have USC, Oregon, UCLA and CU to choose from which one I will choose? I think at best it is 50/50 to be in ESPN or Fox

Last edited:
I didn't see where they suggested adding it to your sports package in that link, they have in the past wanted to offer it as a one off.

Regardless, even if they wanted to include it with the fox sports regional package, still side with the PAC on that being unacceptable. The PAC rate card is the lowest of the conference networks and they have deals with the B1G and SEC. **** DTV.

From phone

Is the Big 10 part of the DTV sports package? I think I pay $10 or $15 a month but really am not sure what it includes.

I believe both the SEC and B1G are in basic inside footprint and expanded outside. No special sports package

From phone

Back