What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Network on Sling TV

One more gripe I forgot to mention. So far all programming seems to have only 2.0 stereo sound. Of course, you're surround receiver will turn that into decent simulated surround in Dolby Pro Logic mode, but no true 5.1 or 7.1 sound yet. I have to think they are working on adding that.

So that means we can watch any old games on demand? I'm about ready to pull the trigger on this thing.
I am not positive about EVERY game, but most games that were broadcast are available on demand on their website as either an "encore" (entire game) or as a "football in 60" (full game condensed into a 1 hr chunk). Sling should give you access to the online library.

I am not positive about EVERY game, but most games that were broadcast are available on demand on their website as either an "encore" (entire game) or as a "football in 60" (full game condensed into a 1 hr chunk). Sling should give you access to the online library.

That is what I am referring to.

One other thing you should all be clear about before taking the plunge and canceling your DirecTV/Comcast/whatever is that there are no local channels on Sling. You'll need an over the air antenna for that. Local channel availability varies by market with Playstation Vue. Right now for Denver they only have channel 4.

I've had Sling since it launched. It started off rough, but worked well enough. The updated interface on Roku has fixed all my issues. You need at least the Roku 3 for it to work best. The stream stick is slow. So excited for this announcement.

Welp, I think I'm gonna finally make the switch to dish. I don't really need it for Broncos games meaning, if they are on tv, they show it where I'm at. It would definitely help with CU games though.

I have watched all CU, Utah, ASU, and UA games with those 60 minute versions of football. I have not watched any other channel so far and on the Pac12 Board, I said I'd pay $20 per month for a streaming P12N channel. Given that my sub will be $25 per month, I think the P12 needs to seriously consider doing this.

I wish it didn't take until 2016 to finally be able to do this. Now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to handle basketball as well.

I signed up for 3 months and $60 off an Apple TV. I figure that mitigates the $20 a month I'll pay for the service I don't need, so I'm paying $5 a month for the P12 Net. So far it's been great (minus the complete lack of DVR). It's 3:30 in the morning and I'm watching the 5th down game with commentary from CJ and others. I'm sure I'll keep it through basketball and I've watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles twice (the first one).

Part of me wonders if this wasn't the end game for the Pac 12 with their asinine broadcast rules- "you can't get your game? Buy it online." But that would give the Pac 12 too much credit.

I'm so excited for this. I've had Sling TV for awhile and really like it (especially the price). Finally get to see the P12 network.

BTW...Sling has Football in 60 on demand. My fave show on the network.

Yes I concur. I like watching the upcoming opponent as well.

I'm on the fence about adding the Fox Sports family since CU football might be on it plus MBB as well.

Yes I concur. I like watching the upcoming opponent as well.

I'm on the fence about adding the Fox Sports family since CU football might be on it plus MBB as well.
What's nice is no contract and immediate access so u can add it the day of something u wanna watch.

I have firetv(not the stick) and I watched the OU v CU game replay on Mon. Picture looks great was able to ff with the >> and skip at :10 sec intervals with the wheel controller on the remote.

Pro tip for Apple TV users:
I didn't realize it when I first had Sling, but you just swipe up on the touch surface of the remote to bring up the program guide while watching a show. That guide shows everything that is currently airing live. You do have to exit out of the show you're watching to see a more comprehensive guide that shows upcoming programming and on demand content.

Also, titantv.com is a great TV guide site. They also have iOS and Android apps. I made a custom guide that has the local Denver broadcast channels I'm interested in as well as Sling Blue + Sports Extra. Here is the Titan TV share token for my guide in case anyone is interested.

Pg3sJPBzfLgbmSp0jvwRBlMKWQKxxPWLoDj1A7NkAxIK7w5399Ax0A

You click on the little toolbox icon and then "Create Lineup from Token" to use it. After you do that you should be able to customize it to your liking by adding or removing channels and changing the channel order.

I pulled the trigger on Sling last week. Since I didn't have a dedicated streaming device I downloaded the Windows app and got the Oregon game through the laptop. It's good, but not ideal since it limits use of the computer while watching the game (using HDMI output to a tv). But I did the prepay promotion, where you get a free Roku 2 device if you pay three months of service in advance. Just the bare bones Sling "orange" tier ($20/mo.) plus you need the Sports extra ($5) to get Pac -12, so ends up being $75 for three months of service, and the free Roku 2 (which costs $60 if you buy one at Target or Walmart). No fees, set top box leases, taxes, shipping or anything like that. The Roku arrived a few days ago in the mail, and works great, much better than getting it through the laptop, though the Sling on the computer will be nice if you are away from your house and can get a Wi-Fi signal. Will keep the subscription though March for hoops season, then cancel for the spring and summer and re-start for football next fall.

I wonder if the Apple TV deal applies only to the 16GB version or could we apply it to the 32GB version?

Anyone know how long it takes for like say the game today to show up as a replay? I can't watch it live today but would love to pull the trigger on this is if I can watch it tonight or tomorrow.

Anyone know how long it takes for like say the game today to show up as a replay? I can't watch it live today but would love to pull the trigger on this is if I can watch it tonight or tomorrow.

First replay is scheduled on Pac 12 Mountain at 7:30 pm tonight, next one is at 8:00 am Sunday morning. But on Sling, you can scroll backward in the schedule to prior days and pull up any program on demand.

Time to replace my older Apple TV (not the new design). Would the Fire TV or Roku sticks work or is it better to get the set top box? My Windows 10 PC doesn't seem up to the task sometimes.

Time to replace my older Apple TV (not the new design). Would the Fire TV or Roku sticks work or is it better to get the set top box? My Windows 10 PC doesn't seem up to the task sometimes.
Haven't used Fire or the newer Rokus, but I love the new Apple TV. The touch remote is so great. A quantum leap over the old design. Sling is great on it. If you're in the Apple ecosystem, it's a no-brainer. Airplay from your phone, iPad or Mac. Native Apple Music app. Great app store. Buy games like Badlands and Alto's Adventure once and play on the big screen or iDevices.

Edit: And fantastic family/party games like Atomic Hangman and SongPopParty where multiple people can play using the Apple TV remote, iPhone or 3rd party xbox-sytle controller.

Last edited:
I can't speak to the Roku, but I watched the game yesterday (live) on the fire tv box, and it looked great no buffering or the like. When I first looked at fire tv, I bought the stick. It seemed like there was alot of buffering on it. I ended up taking it back and getting the box. I have since added another for our other tv, so I my recommendation would be drop the extra money for the box.

Drop the extra money for the box, it's a definite and worthwhile upgrade in performance.

Sling has standardized their interface across devices, so at least with that one app it'll be about the same regardless of what device you choose.

Personally I think roku is king of the hill (get a 3 or 4, not a 2), but if I was tied into apple's ecosystem I might feel otherwise.

Personally I think roku is king of the hill (get a 3 or 4, not a 2), but if I was tied into apple's ecosystem I might feel otherwise.

Why do you advise against the Roku 2? I got that one because it came free under their promotion. I don't have any experience with any other streaming device, so am not sure how they all compare against each other. But the box that I was sent works great. No issues at all with the stream. I have it hard-wired via Ethernet cable into my modem (speed tests average around 90 mbs download). I haven't tried it in Wi-Fi mode yet. Also I pretty much only use it for Pac 12 stuff on a secondary tv set. My primary set up is still DirecTV. I'm happy with the Roku 2 in terms of what I need it for.

Back