What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 Networks... any updates?

We maybe switching to Dish come basketball season in January.

It's about $80 to quit DTV then, but that allows us to see nearly 30 basketball games (UW and CU) that would otherwise be missed.... not to mention they now have AMC so we're good with Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and others... We'll just downgrade packages if need be to make it a net-neutral financial issue.

For people with Dish, how do you like the phone apps for streaming (or ipad)? I've heard from some it works well. Any negatives or issues with Dish? Is the HD tolerable?

We maybe switching to Dish come basketball season in January.

It's about $80 to quit DTV then, but that allows us to see nearly 30 basketball games (UW and CU) that would otherwise be missed.... not to mention they now have AMC so we're good with Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and others... We'll just downgrade packages if need be to make it a net-neutral financial issue.

For people with Dish, how do you like the phone apps for streaming (or ipad)? I've heard from some it works well. Any negatives or issues with Dish? Is the HD tolerable?

I have been happy with Dish. I don’t like it when they get into contract standoffs with providers and I’m ashamed how much I pay for television programing but overall I’m a satisfied customer. I’ve never had DTV so I can’t compare service to them. I have had Comcast and everything about Dish is better than Comcast IMO
The HD signal is very solid but the SD channels are a bit fuzzy.
I stream thru a sling box pro, I had that rig before Dish bought Sling Media. I believe Dish’s newer equipment has the sling hardware built into the DVR. I love my sling box! Around the house you can stream to any computer or phone on your network at great speeds with great quality. When you are away from your home network your video quality will be limited by the upload speed of your internet connection. I finally upgraded to a faster upload speed on my internet service at home (I think 5k). With a 4g or good Wi-Fi on the other end this delivers a very watchable picture when away from home. Not HD but not bad. As far as the software part is concerned, it’s great, it just works, both on the laptop and phone.

After reading thru your post again I think you're asking about streaming from the pac-12 website rather than from your set-top box as I described above. You have accesss to pac-12 streaming once you become a dish customer. It has worked well with a good quality picture on my laptop. Pac 12 network does not have an app for my droid yet.

Last edited:
After reading thru your post again I think you're asking about streaming from the pac-12 website rather than from your set-top box as I described above. You have accesss to pac-12 streaming once you become a dish customer. It has worked well with a good quality picture on my laptop. Pac 12 network does not have an app for my droid yet.

Question -- as someone who doesn't have Dish, how does that work? I mean, I have friends that subscribe to Dish, so how can I get it set up so they have a way to stream? And by that, I mean so I can stream using their account.

Question -- as someone who doesn't have Dish, how does that work? I mean, I have friends that subscribe to Dish, so how can I get it set up so they have a way to stream? And by that, I mean so I can stream using their account.

Just get their login to Dish. The same login they would use to pay their bill. This is how I do it, other than not being able to DVR games it works great.

I have been happy with Dish. I don’t like it when they get into contract standoffs with providers and I’m ashamed how much I pay for television programing but overall I’m a satisfied customer. I’ve never had DTV so I can’t compare service to them. I have had Comcast and everything about Dish is better than Comcast IMO
The HD signal is very solid but the SD channels are a bit fuzzy.
I stream thru a sling box pro, I had that rig before Dish bought Sling Media. I believe Dish’s newer equipment has the sling hardware built into the DVR. I love my sling box! Around the house you can stream to any computer or phone on your network at great speeds with great quality. When you are away from your home network your video quality will be limited by the upload speed of your internet connection. I finally upgraded to a faster upload speed on my internet service at home (I think 5k). With a 4g or good Wi-Fi on the other end this delivers a very watchable picture when away from home. Not HD but not bad. As far as the software part is concerned, it’s great, it just works, both on the laptop and phone.

Thanks.

Mainly I'll be watching on TV. In case I'm out I thought Dish had an app or something. If we go Dish I'm sure it'll be easy enough to figure out how to stream...

You do the actual set up on the pac12 website and not the dish website. When you try to watch a video on the pac12 site you will be prompted to enter you tv provider, that's where you will choose dish from a list of providers and then you will be prompted to enter the dish user name and password that you get from your friend.

update w/ comcast order>>>>> well heck, they came out withing 24 hours of my call, on time, hd box/dvr installed and watched the womens P12 ASU vs USC volleyball game this afternoon, picture was fine, so I guess I'm very happy as it only increases my current internet access bill by $18/mo w/ no contract and is month to month...still have DTV for everything else, I'll update to see if I get screwed when the bill comes next month....

question to comcast subscribers or DTV, can you stream to laptops or iphone?

Living in the sticks in Iowa, I have Dish. I chose Dish over DTV because of the Sirius/XM channels and do not need NFL Networks. To be able to watch Pac 12 Networks, you have to subscribe to the multi-sports package, which I always did during basketball season anyway. I will cancel that package once the season is over, just like I have since I've lived here.

Back