What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Networks launching August 15th

P12 Mtn - 430, HD - 840
P12 Nat'l - 431, no HD :huh:

My understanding is that we can still watch a National game on the P12 Mtn channel which should mean we will see the game on HDTV. Perhaps the Pac-12 is using the Pac-12 Networks to build up the rivalries. Will we be able to stomach watching Utah baseball while CU has no baseball team?

I do have Comcast basic so I'm covered but why are we required to do that? Perhaps a backdoor deal between the Pac-12 and Comcast?

I'm guessing that was part of the deal with the carriers that you couldn't just subscribe to the internet service which probably would be much cheaper.

My understanding is that we can still watch a National game on the P12 Mtn channel which should mean we will see the game on HDTV. Perhaps the Pac-12 is using the Pac-12 Networks to build up the rivalries. Will we be able to stomach watching Utah baseball while CU has no baseball team?

I'd guess that the Mountain Channel essentially mirrors the National Channel (also why complaints about not getting all 7 are bordering on rediculous), except when a CU or UU event is also picked up by the P12 Networks. Then you'll see the Colorado/Utah game instead of the national game. For football it's not going to happen that often, but for instance I'd guess in week 2 on sept 8th, the Mountain channel will have Sac St @ CU, while the national channel will have S. Utah at Cal, so those who are in the MTN footprint will get CU on the local HD channel and those wanting the national game would tune in to the SD national channel.

The downside for CU fans (and fans in Colorado in general) is when P12 picks up a Utah event and puts that over a national event of interest. I'd be willing to bet that the P12 doesn't show a local non-football or non-basketball sports in the place of a national football or basketball game, but we'll see (ie more people in colorado would watch a oregon state vs arizona football game than a CU womens volleyball game).

Last edited:
I'd guess that the Mountain Channel essentially mirrors the National Channel (also why complaints about not getting all 7 are bordering on rediculous), except when a CU or UU event is also picked up by the P12 Networks. Then you'll see the Colorado/Utah game instead of the national game. For football it's not going to happen that often, but for instance I'd guess in week 2 on sept 8th, the Mountain channel will have Sac St @ CU, while the national channel will have S. Utah at Cal, so those who are in the MTN footprint will get CU on the local HD channel and those wanting the national game would tune in to the SD national channel.

The downside for CU fans (and fans in Colorado in general) is when P12 picks up a Utah event and puts that over a national event of interest. I'd be willing to bet that the P12 doesn't show a local non-football or non-basketball sports in the place of a national football or basketball game, but we'll see (ie more people in colorado would watch a oregon state vs arizona football game than a CU womens volleyball game).

It wouldn't surprise me if the Pac-12 decided to stagger start times when possible for the paired rivals in order to avoid this and increase content.

I am waiting a few more weeks to see what Directv does. My local cable company (Cox) will offer the PAC 12 LA regional network in San Diego but not the national channel.

I am waiting a few more weeks to see what Directv does. My local cable company (Cox) will offer the PAC 12 LA regional network in San Diego but not the national channel.

Completely unrelated but I used to always get the chipwich from the ice cream man growing up

It wouldn't surprise me if the Pac-12 decided to stagger start times when possible for the paired rivals in order to avoid this and increase content.

It makes a lot of sense, yes. They control the schedule. There are three timeslots available on any saturday-1pm MT, 4pm or 430pm MT and 8pm MT. And on top of that it's NOT very often when CU and Utah would even have the possibility of playing football at the same time on P12 Network (really only OOC and when one team or the other doesn't get picked for ESPN or Fox, or have a weekday game), and again since P12 makes the schedule, that should never happen. OOC basketball might be a bigger issue with so many more games and lots of weekdays when there are only two time slots (9pm MT is a little late for a 2nd game).

Last edited:
For those of you on a contract with direct-tv, it is $20 a month remaining on the contract to break it early.

For those of you on a contract with direct-tv, it is $20 a month remaining on the contract to break it early.
Also, double check that you signed the contract in some way (including electronically). If you didn't, they can't hold you to the contract if it is longer than a year.

This sucks living in Canada since I wont get to see any Duck games and I probably wont get many college football games in general..... Oh well I want you guys to tell me how the Pac-12 network looks once it launches!

If you have a cable company that is going to carry it (I have Cox here in KS) I was just able to log on to this site. Haven't browsed it much yet (kids first day back to school so busy with that).

http://video.pac-12.com

If you have a cable company that is going to carry it (I have Cox here in KS) I was just able to log on to this site. Haven't browsed it much yet (kids first day back to school so busy with that).

You're really lucky you are in Kansas. According to an article that just dropped from Wilner That is one of the few markets outside of the six state Pac 12 footprint that Cox is going to carry the national feed at all.

CUav8er, nice to see a fellow buff in KS. I sent an email to Cox recently asking about information on the PAC Net but the only reply was "we forwarded onto our sales and marketing group".

I think KS is included because we directly border Colorado and there are enough PAC alums in the Wichita, Topeka, KC areas that justifies adding the network. I understand not adding OK, because frankly maybe only a handful of people in that state care. I don't quite understand why the would Arkansas, but the rest of the areas, besides Omaha (similar in demographic to KC), are within the geographical footprint. I just hope they give us the HD feed.

The video site looks good to bad i have dish who always says no to anything new and makes people wait.

Dish has 2 weeks to get this figured out or I am going to go back to Comcast which I frigging hate with a passion. Maybe DirecTV if they can get it done.

Anybody else with a COX, Time Warner Cable, or BrightHouse Cable had any luck watching LIVE on video.pac-12.com

Back