What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Networks launching in 8 minutes

I have basic Comcast and can't get either the mountain or national channels. Both say I am not subscribed to that service.:wtf:

You need to order the sports package I believe, it's not included with basic service. Same thing as the fox sports regional networks or Big 10 network.

I have basic Comcast and can't get either the mountain or national channels. Both say I am not subscribed to that service.:wtf:

It depends where you are at...Comcast appears to have followed Cox's lead and pulled a bait and switch on where the channel will be offered. Their official tune now is that the Pac 12 National network will be offered on the sports tier in most markets outside of the Pac 12 footprint. Unfortunately that "most" seems to exclude quite a few major markets including Illinois (Chicago) and the mid-Atlantic (DC, VA, MD). It appears that almost all the regions where it is unavailable are what would be considered Big 10 country (or what they would like to claim in the case of the mid-Atlantic stuff). Unfortunately, the only thing that I think will pressure them to add the channel in these markets is if a deal with DirectTV gets done. They have not defined what most actually means in context of subscribers. I think NY, Florida, PA, and Boston are getting it, but Chicago and DC are two big markets to be excluded...oh Alabama is out as well, I can kind of see that logic.

I really don't get the opposition to adding it to the sports tier, people with that tier have demonstrated a clear preference for be willing to pay for additional sports content.

Last edited:
You need to order the sports package I believe, it's not included with basic service. Same thing as the fox sports regional networks or Big 10 network.
I thought we were told that basic cable would allow you to see the Buffs play without having to upgrade to a sports package.

It depends where you are at...Comcast appears to have followed Cox's lead and pulled a bait and switch on where the channel will be offered. Their official tune now is that the Pac 12 National network will be offered on the sports tier in most markets outside of the Pac 12 footprint. Unfortunately that "most" seems to exclude quite a few major markets including Illinois (Chicago) and the mid-Atlantic (DC, VA, MD). It appears that almost all the regions where it is unavailable are what would be considered Big 10 country (or what they would like to claim in the case of the mid-Atlantic stuff). Unfortunately, the only thing that I think will pressure them to add the channel in these markets is if a deal with DirectTV gets done. They have not defined what most actually means in context of subscribers. I think NY, Florida, PA, and Boston are getting it, but Chicago and DC are two big markets to be excluded...oh Alabama is out as well, I can kind of see that logic.

I really don't get the opposition to adding it to the sports tier, people with that tier have demonstrated a clear preference for be willing to pay for additional sports content.

This. ^^^

It's extremely frustrating that Comcast is excluding the Pac-12 networks in many markets (including Houston). It's one thing to include it on the most expensive tier and rip people off, but it's even worse when it's unavailable. I can't figure out the rationale. They must be getting a lot of pressure from other conferences. I can't think of any other reason. I agree that at this point only a Pac-12 deal with DirecTV or DISH will incentivize Comcast to change their approach. The worst part is the lack of clarity. Comcast was more than happy to get new customers and only after the Pac-12 network was launched was any suggestion made that it would be excluded from numerous places outside of the Pac-12 footprint. Very frustrating.

I called Comcast here in Houston and told them that their keeping me as a long term, 20 year, customer completely hinged on them getting the Pac12 Network. She said that she's gotten similar calls in the past couple of days. Keep calling!

I called Comcast here in Houston and told them that their keeping me as a long term, 20 year, customer completely hinged on them getting the Pac12 Network. She said that she's gotten similar calls in the past couple of days. Keep calling!

Did she recognize your voice from earlier?

I don't think so. This time I did it as an angry German. Luckily the only German I've learned in my lifetime is swear words.

CU vs. Cal replay on this afternoon and CU vs. Notre Dame 1991 national championship game on tonight @ 6pm MT.....good day to be watching the PAC 12 Network :thumbsup:

CU vs. Cal replay on this afternoon and CU vs. Notre Dame 1991 national championship game on tonight @ 6pm MT.....good day to be watching the PAC 12 Network :thumbsup:

All on the Pac-12 Network? WOW! :wow: Better get the honey do list done now.

Has anyone in the Denver metro area tried to get on the Pac-12.com website to watch any content? When I go on there and try it tells me to choose my TV provider and login but it doesn't give me an option for Comcast??? Only Bright house, Cox and Time Warner are options. I tried calling Comcast a couple times to get an answer as to why but all they can say is, yes you should be able to watch it online but they can't answer as to why I am not able to.

Anyone else having this issue? It's really not a big deal right now but it could be once games start.

Has anyone in the Denver metro area tried to get on the Pac-12.com website to watch any content? When I go on there and try it tells me to choose my TV provider and login but it doesn't give me an option for Comcast??? Only Bright house, Cox and Time Warner are options. I tried calling Comcast a couple times to get an answer as to why but all they can say is, yes you should be able to watch it online but they can't answer as to why I am not able to.

Anyone else having this issue? It's really not a big deal right now but it could be once games start.

Yes, you are not alone. Comcast seemed clueless as to why we couldn't see the live games online. Pretty much said it was the pac-12.com sites problem/probably the newness of the channel and problems that go along with that.

I don't even have the service and I know this - I believe you have to login to it all via the xfinity site, not the pac12 site

Customers who have the PAC 12 Network will be able to access the multiple streams. Online access is expected to be available in September or sooner.

Thanks for your patience while I got the answer.

:huh:

from the comcast message board.

Pretend you have an iPad and a carrier that has the P12N -what website EXACTLY would you go to watch the network (the pac-12.com site says the iPad doesn't support video yet)

Pretend you have an iPad and a carrier that has the P12N -what website EXACTLY would you go to watch the network (the pac-12.com site says the iPad doesn't support video yet)

I'm getting the same problem on my iPad.

Larry Scott has been seen carrying an iPad during games...FAIL.

I'm getting p12mt but for p12nat it says "it's not authorized" or something like that. Anyone has same problem? I live in CO
I called Comcast, it is another upgrade. So, if you are in Colorado, you need 2 upgrades to get both channels. I guess I won't be getting either.

Back