What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Networks: No evidence of DirecTV deal “anytime soon” and other notes

RSSBot

News Junkie
Jon Wilner

First, to the news, such as it is: Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Thursday night at CenturyLink Field that there is “not any evidence” of a deal with DirecTV “happening anytime soon.” (The USC-Cal broadcast did not solve the impasse, it would appear.) Scott added that he “feels for the fans” and remains “optimistic” about [...]

Originally posted by College Hotline
Click here to view the article.

Lots of good stuff in this article.
Wilner makes a great point about football being the only content DirectTv really cares about. If it doesn't happen soon will probably not happen till next season.

DirecTV, you kill me. I wanted to switch, but only if I got P12. You have AMC, which Dish doesn't. But Dish now has P12, and I am happy. My wife loves AMC, so I will probably end up with Comcrap....

DirecTV, you kill me. I wanted to switch, but only if I got P12. You have AMC, which Dish doesn't. But Dish now has P12, and I am happy. My wife loves AMC, so I will probably end up with Comcrap....

can you stream any of the AMC shows from their site?

can you stream any of the AMC shows from their site?
If you can, I have not been able to figure it out. There is a place from where you can stream Breaking Bad, but I think it is a pirate site, so I don't want to do that.

If you can, I have not been able to figure it out. There is a place from where you can stream Breaking Bad, but I think it is a pirate site, so I don't want to do that.

that is probably for the best, you don't want to be associated with Leach in any way.

2 possibly uninteresting tidbits today:
1) met a buddy for lunch that I had not seen in about a year - without provocation or other information, he had done the same as many on here have done - called DirecTV and basically said, "you have to pay me to not move to Comcast" - interesting he did this without being a message board addict. He said the comment from the rep was "We have received many comments like yours, and we are actively trying to add the channel"
2) By chance, I happened to receive a troll call (funny for me to say that as a sales guy - just hate the dinner time solicitations) from DirecTV today suggesting I add Showtime at a discounted rate. I told her no, but if she called me back with a Pac12 Network offer, I would sign up immediately. Her words were almost identical to the above - so similar, I believe they are now scripted.

I don't know that I feel a ray of hope from these two data points, but it is interesting that the point has gotten big enough that DirecTV now has a formal talking point on it. /shrug

2 possibly uninteresting tidbits today:
1) met a buddy for lunch that I had not seen in about a year - without provocation or other information, he had done the same as many on here have done - called DirecTV and basically said, "you have to pay me to not move to Comcast" - interesting he did this without being a message board addict. He said the comment from the rep was "We have received many comments like yours, and we are actively trying to add the channel"
2) By chance, I happened to receive a troll call (funny for me to say that as a sales guy - just hate the dinner time solicitations) from DirecTV today suggesting I add Showtime at a discounted rate. I told her no, but if she called me back with a Pac12 Network offer, I would sign up immediately. Her words were almost identical to the above - so similar, I believe they are now scripted.

I don't know that I feel a ray of hope from these two data points, but it is interesting that the point has gotten big enough that DirecTV now has a formal talking point on it. /shrug

I got the same response from the DirectTV guy at Sams CLub this afternoon, except he claimed to be a CU alum as well

[/B]I got the same response from the DirectTV guy at Sams CLub this afternoon, except he claimed to be a CU alum as well
But he was working at the direct tv booth inside Sams? Maybe we should be concentrating on academics.

Back