1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pac-12 Networks: No evidence of DirecTV deal “anytime soon” and other notes

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Sep 28, 2012.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Jon Wilner

First, to the news, such as it is: Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Thursday night at CenturyLink Field that there is “not any evidence” of a deal with DirecTV “happening anytime soon.” (The USC-Cal broadcast did not solve the impasse, it would appear.) Scott added that he “feels for the fans” and remains “optimistic” about [...]

Originally posted by College Hotline
    Click here to view the article.

2. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

Lots of good stuff in this article.
    Wilner makes a great point about football being the only content DirectTv really cares about. If it doesn't happen soon will probably not happen till next season.

3. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

DirecTV, you kill me. I wanted to switch, but only if I got P12. You have AMC, which Dish doesn't. But Dish now has P12, and I am happy. My wife loves AMC, so I will probably end up with Comcrap....

4. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

can you stream any of the AMC shows from their site?

5. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

If you can, I have not been able to figure it out. There is a place from where you can stream Breaking Bad, but I think it is a pirate site, so I don't want to do that.

6. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

that is probably for the best, you don't want to be associated with Leach in any way.

7. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

2 possibly uninteresting tidbits today:
    1) met a buddy for lunch that I had not seen in about a year - without provocation or other information, he had done the same as many on here have done - called DirecTV and basically said, "you have to pay me to not move to Comcast" - interesting he did this without being a message board addict. He said the comment from the rep was "We have received many comments like yours, and we are actively trying to add the channel"
    2) By chance, I happened to receive a troll call (funny for me to say that as a sales guy - just hate the dinner time solicitations) from DirecTV today suggesting I add Showtime at a discounted rate. I told her no, but if she called me back with a Pac12 Network offer, I would sign up immediately. Her words were almost identical to the above - so similar, I believe they are now scripted.

I don't know that I feel a ray of hope from these two data points, but it is interesting that the point has gotten big enough that DirecTV now has a formal talking point on it. /shrug

8. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

I got the same response from the DirectTV guy at Sams CLub this afternoon, except he claimed to be a CU alum as well

9. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

But he was working at the direct tv booth inside Sams? Maybe we should be concentrating on academics.