What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PAC 12 OFFICIATING

Exactly. I'm sorry but there's no need for him to play nice. We were ****ed and he has every reason to be livid.
I'm surprised he didn't get a flag thrown on him during the game. Every chance he got he was ripping into them and had to be restrained a few times.

We're not alone.

Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard ripped Big 12 officiating Saturday following the Cyclones' 37-20 loss at Oklahoma State.

"We've been on the short end of several controversial calls," Pollard said during an impromptu postgame news conference. "And it's hard to sit idle and watch ESPN, FOX and other announcers, not debate, but to feel sorry for Iowa State, because maybe there will be another apology for a call."

Pollard referenced a controversial call at the end of the first half, when officials initially ruled that Oklahoma State running back Desmond Roland had been stopped short of the goal line as time expired. But after a review, the call was reversed, giving Roland the touchdown and the Cowboys a 13-6 halftime lead.

"I don't know how things change," Pollard said. "But it's frustrating and it's not fair. It's not fair to our players. They're frustrated. And they're frustrated with the lack of action."

This isn't the first time the Cyclones have criticized Big 12 officiating. Following a 31-30 loss to Texas last season, Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads was irate after Longhorns running back Johnathan Gray appeared to fumble at the Cyclones 1-yard line.

Officials, however, ruled that Gray's forward motion had been stopped, negating the fumble. The Longhorns scored the game-winning touchdown on the next play.

The Big 12 office also apologized to Iowa State and suspended a replay official after he failed to review a controversial play in the Cyclones' loss to Kansas State earlier this week.

"I recognize that the Big 12 does not allow comments to be made on officiating and I recognize there are penalties for that," Pollard said. "But our institution has been penalized already.

"Something has got to be done. I don't know what it is. But there needs to be more accountability."

Yeah. Apparently his big takeaway from the last 2 weeks is that he wants to rip MacIntyre for somehow representing CU poorly because he is jawing at officials after some huge calls that went against us.

DOUCHEBAG
This guy eerks me. If I was drunk enough and saw him. Oh boy. Most of it has nothing to do with the buffs too. He has issues

I did, tongue his ass if u want. I brought up the fining or suspending refs years ago. Quit picking on Tini cause it makes u feel like a tough guy, they were that ****ing bad.

I'm not picking on tini tough guy, I'm disagreeing with him. Some of us are able to do this in a civilized manner. Apparently you failed to learn how to do this many years ago. How you didn't become a Husker fan is beyond me. Were you just the rebel of the trailer park or something?

The officiating sure as hell did contribute to our loss. Anyone who pulls the old "you can't blame it on the officials" crap is trying to be a smarmy assed know it all! :lol:

You know, it's hard to tell if calls are good or bad when your sitting in the stands. I was on the complete opposite end on the Crawley "interference" call. But one thing for sure, it took the official forever to throw that flag. It's as if he was arguing with himself as to whether or not he should throw it. And, to me, if there is that kind of doubt in your mind, you don't throw the God damned thing. If you can't throw it immediately, then don't throw it.

Luke is probably somebody u wouldn't wanna **** with. I just see u as a follower. Your head would go straight into Duffs ass if he made a sudden stop.

Luke is probably somebody u wouldn't wanna **** with. I just see u as a follower. Your head would go straight into Duffs ass if he made a sudden stop.

Did you just refer to yourself in the third person? Incredible.

I don't get why you keep bringing up duff. I haven't noticed him posting at all today?

This is my last post in this thread. Honestly, its a combination of technology and refs not knowing what the hell to call. Every call is under review, especially pass interference. Everyone has a theory on this call and I think that is the problem. They need to make any kind of contact a call, or let it go. Its getting too hard to call, imo. Just my opinion, but to much gray area on this play call.

Did you just refer to yourself in the third person? Incredible.

I don't get why you keep bringing up duff. I haven't noticed him posting at all today?

I am convinced Luke and Surveyor are the same person.

This is my last post in this thread. Honestly, its a combination of technology and refs not knowing what the hell to call. Every call is under review, especially pass interference. Everyone has a theory on this call and I think that is the problem. They need to make any kind of contact a call, or let it go. Its getting too hard to call, imo. Just my opinion, but to much gray area on this play call.
Being an official has gotten harder and harder with the greater emphasis on contact. Add to that officials that only do this 12 or 13 times a year, and you get this kind of stuff.

Pac refs are ****ty.

Sometimes we will benefit from that ****iness.

Today we got ****ed in the ass.

There's no conspiracy against CU, and I don't think anyone is claiming that.

These refs suck, and it just hurts a whole lot more when the margin of error is so damn small.

Bottom line is that HCMM and every CU fan is entirely justified in being pissed off at the incompetent zebras this week.

Perfectly said.

Being an official has gotten harder and harder with the greater emphasis on contact. Add to that officials that only do this 12 or 13 times a year, and you get this kind of stuff.
Then why is the Pac 12 so much worse than the rest of the P5 conferences? Big 12 refs are bad, but Pac 12 refs are turrible.

I love what Mac did because it brings attention to this ongoing fail of this conference. **** Pac12 refs.

we better just get used to this! ... look at oregons celebration penalty on thurs.... this league has the craziest refs ive ever seen...BUT buffs need to take things into their own hands

we better just get used to this! ... look at oregons celebration penalty on thurs.... this league has the craziest refs ive ever seen...BUT buffs need to take things into their own hands

I think the really upsetting thing about the KC penalty was that was one of our guys stepping up and making a play in a close game when the defense needed a stop and the team needed to flip momentum... and he had it taken away from him.

That bothers me a hell of a lot more than the refs missing McCulloch getting tackled by the DB on the last play with no call or how OSU defenders were allowed to be a little early and very physical on Spruce all day.

In a lot of ways, it felt like there were a different set of back judges when CU was on defense versus when OSU was on defense. The inconsistency is a real problem. But the KC play is the one that really stands out because it took something away. I'm a big "let the players make plays instead of refs deciding it" guy.

Yes, we got ****ed by the refs on the no call on Spruce at the end. But let's also not forget that the previous drive was kept alive on a VERY questionable PI on McCollouch. We got a total gift there. So yes, we seemed to be on the short end of calls, but that was a big one that went our way at a very crucial point.

I've resigned myself to the fact that we could improve a ton vs. the past few years (and we most obviously have) ... and still never win conference games. We are the only truly weak team in the conference. Cal and WSU were the last ones and they've clearly moved past us. I don't know how bad some of the middle tier teams will be hit by graduation this year, but we could be take another big step forward next year and still go winless in conference.

How was the PI call against OSU on the drive before a questionable call? He got yanked back when he went up for the ball.

I think the really upsetting thing about the KC penalty was that was one of our guys stepping up and making a play in a close game when the defense needed a stop and the team needed to flip momentum... and he had it taken away from him.

That bothers me a hell of a lot more than the refs missing McCulloch getting tackled by the DB on the last play with no call or how OSU defenders were allowed to be a little early and very physical on Spruce all day.

In a lot of ways, it felt like there were a different set of back judges when CU was on defense versus when OSU was on defense. The inconsistency is a real problem. But the KC play is the one that really stands out because it took something away. I'm a big "let the players make plays instead of refs deciding it" guy.

dont disagree! the call on kc was redic... flags flying at all levels including the nfl is ruining the game

I don't think officiating lost the game, but it is a regular pattern in PAC-12. Really bad.

Larry Scott is so effin great though!

Not saying the officiating cost is the game. But one thing has been certain since 2011. PAC officiating straight freakn blows. Absolutely horrible and inexcusable

Scott fired over half the officials two years ago and it's no better.

From phone

I'm not picking on tini tough guy, I'm disagreeing with him. Some of us are able to do this in a civilized manner. Apparently you failed to learn how to do this many years ago. How you didn't become a Husker fan is beyond me. Were you just the rebel of the trailer park or something?
Blah blah blah. Husker fan, really? Not that, I just think ur duff's bitch. Civilized in your point of view, 3 calls probably cost a team that doesn't know how to win. That's in 2 weeks. Keep stereotyping me tho, ill be here.

Back